Another tribute to PSB from Fangoria

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
pepesilva

Another tribute to PSB from Fangoria

#1 Post by pepesilva »

Fangoria, the Spanish band that recently paid tribute to PSBs with a line from "Love is a Bourgeois Construct" translated into Spanish in one of their songs pay tribute once more on their current tour.

They sampled "Always on my mind" for the intro of their show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r57YRu42OT0

(About two minutes into it).

Apart from that there are moments here and there that sound suspiciously familiar

IRONFLAME.de

Re: Another tribute to PSB from Fangoria

#2 Post by IRONFLAME.de »

pepesilva wrote: Fri 06 Jan 2017, 9:12 pm...paid tribute to PSBs with a line from "Love is a Bourgeois Construct" translated into Spanish in one of their songs
which song would that be? thanks!

rabagast

#3 Post by rabagast »

This is like listening to a never ending Eurovision nightmare.

Ouch!

IRONFLAME.de

#4 Post by IRONFLAME.de »

rabagast wrote: Mon 01 May 2017, 8:31 pmThis is like listening to a never ending Eurovision nightmare.
my thought exactly when i heard PSB's 'Together'
IRONFLAME.de
gute musik + tendenziöse meinungen

Nickname

#5 Post by Nickname »

You only have to listen to the first track from the concert to listen the first PSB's tribute "Mi novio es un Zombie" ("Always on my Mind" sampling). The song was created almost one year later and was a really big hit in Spain ("Always on my Mind" was). The last one "A quién le importa" was another big hit in the 80's, it starts like "It's a sin" in this concert.
IRONFLAME.de wrote:
rabagast wrote: Mon 01 May 2017, 8:31 pmThis is like listening to a never ending Eurovision nightmare.
my thought exactly when i heard PSB's 'Together'
Talking about European Festival Contest, Fangoria made a cover of an old Spanish song which went to the festival many years ago, "En un Mundo Nuevo" by Karina, reached the 2nd position. Fangoria used the simple from "So Hard" for this versión:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbNQL7KjqJk

They are big fans. Nacho this the best PSB álbum is "Introspective" and the best song "Left to my own Devices" (like me). Alaska gave to her husband the álbum "Discography" like a present the first time they had a date.

Alaska is VERY popular in Spain because she is a pop singer since 1977, she was an actress of the first Pedro Almodóvar movie, she was the muse of the 80's pop cultural movement called "la movida", the host of a very well known Spanish TV show called "La bola de cristal" and many other shows. She is well known too because of one reality from Spanish MTV called "Alaska and Mario" with her husband Mario Vaqueirizo.

By the way, Alaska was the host of some previous shows to choose the Spanish group which represents Spain on the European Festival Contest.

The big problem with Fangoria is they sometimes don't take them too seriously but it's obvious the have really good songs.

IRONFLAME.de

#6 Post by IRONFLAME.de »

nickname wrote: Mon 01 May 2017, 9:31 pm You only have to listen to the first track from the concert to listen the first PSB's tribute "Mi novio es un Zombie" ("Always on my Mind" sampling). The song was created almost one year later and was a really big hit in Spain ("Always on my Mind" was). The last one "A quién le importa" was another big hit in the 80's, it starts like "It's a sin" in this concert.

Do you also happen to know which song pepesilva was referring to in his quote below? Thanks!
pepesilva wrote: Fri 06 Jan 2017, 9:12 pm Fangoria, the Spanish band that recently paid tribute to PSBs with a line from "Love is a Bourgeois Construct" translated into Spanish in one of their songs pay tribute once more on their current tour.
IRONFLAME.de
gute musik + tendenziöse meinungen

Nickname

#7 Post by Nickname »

There is an old interview somewhere, I think it was in "El País de las tentanciones", where Alaska made an interview to Pet Shop Boys. It was in September of 1999.

In fact, PSB were awared with "El País de las tentanciones", Best Group of the Year in 1999.

You can see Neil, Chris and Alaska all together in this photo:
http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.28 ... ODI3NTQx.2