Twenty Something CD single

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Jamesqdot

Re: Twenty Something CD single

#226 Post by Jamesqdot » Fri 29 Jul 2016, 4:21 pm

MUSIC0LOOG wrote:Got my copy of Twenty-something recently...

Who on earth has come up with this fantastic, great, outstanding idea to make the sleeve for The Pop Kids a little bit smaller compared to everything else?!?!? Grrr... :grumble:
Fixed that for you. :)

If you check, the sleeve for Twenty-something is back to the size they used for the Electric singles. It's The Pop Kids that's the odd one out. :wall:

Ramzy

#227 Post by Ramzy » Fri 29 Jul 2016, 7:03 pm

Jamesqdot wrote:

Who on earth has come up with this fantastic, great, outstanding idea to make the sleeve for The Pop Kids a little bit smaller compared to everything else?!?!? Grrr... :grumble:

If you check, the sleeve for Twenty-something is back to the size they used for the Electric singles. It's The Pop Kids that's the odd one out. :wall:
... but it's the Electric singles (and now Twenty-something) that are larger than all their CD singles since 1987, and indeed all other CDs generally. The Pop Kids represented a too-brief return to normality.
I must disengage your recreational music.

Jamesqdot

#228 Post by Jamesqdot » Sat 30 Jul 2016, 12:41 am

Ramzy wrote:
Jamesqdot wrote:

... but it's the Electric singles (and now Twenty-something) that are larger than all their CD singles since 1987, and indeed all other CDs generally. The Pop Kids represented a too-brief return to normality.
When it comes to CD packaging, normality is just tedious. The hideous Jewel case, the better (but usually wasted) digipak, and the all too tiny LP card sleeve replicas.

DJAMIX

#229 Post by DJAMIX » Sat 30 Jul 2016, 5:13 am

Evreytime I see this topic up I think someone found the Offer Nissim Godfather remix.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialOfferN ... 082893144/
One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)

Pandoro

#230 Post by Pandoro » Mon 08 Aug 2016, 9:09 pm

It seems the Offer Nissim Godfather remix of this track will never be released somewhere...Maybe in the future on Offer Nissim Facebook Page...

tottenhammattspurs

#231 Post by tottenhammattspurs » Sun 28 Aug 2016, 1:04 pm

So does anyone know if this song got the Latin American airplay and sales and MTV video rotation that they were obviously expecting?
is is and isnt isnt

DJAMIX

#232 Post by DJAMIX » Sun 28 Aug 2016, 3:09 pm

Still nothing about nOffer Nissim Godfather remix?

raggatwin

#233 Post by raggatwin » Sun 28 Aug 2016, 7:38 pm

tottenhammattspurs wrote:So does anyone know if this song got the Latin American airplay and sales and MTV video rotation that they were obviously expecting?

I wondered about that.
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

DJAMIX

#234 Post by DJAMIX » Sun 28 Aug 2016, 8:43 pm

raggatwin wrote:
tottenhammattspurs wrote:So does anyone know if this song got the Latin American airplay and sales and MTV video rotation that they were obviously expecting?

I wondered about that.
Not in Brazil. Not in Belém, Brazilian region which invented tecnobrega style, by te way...

Danger

#235 Post by Danger » Sun 28 Aug 2016, 10:47 pm

Disco. wrote: Elysium 25k by March 2013

Electric 40k by January 2014

Super 29k by July 2016.
So the "magnificent" (?!?) Super sold more or less like the blamed (for lots of fans) Elysium... anyway Music Complete is a super album, Super a weak one (at least weaker than Electric). Even the singles are been less successful than the Electric ones

Luke Colorado

#236 Post by Luke Colorado » Mon 29 Aug 2016, 12:29 am

Super is a sequel. It was never going to be a well-received as Electric.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

alig

#237 Post by alig » Mon 29 Aug 2016, 1:30 am

Luke Colorado wrote:Super is a sequel. It was never going to be a well-received as Electric.

Comparing the sales means little as album sales both digital and physical have been declining the past few years. Downloads even more than physicals:

http://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/d ... in-the-uk/
"John 3:16."

Palpatine

#238 Post by Palpatine » Mon 29 Aug 2016, 5:52 am

Danger wrote:
Disco. wrote: Elysium 25k by March 2013

Electric 40k by January 2014

Super 29k by July 2016.
So the "magnificent" (?!?) Super sold more or less like the blamed (for lots of fans) Elysium... anyway Music Complete is a super album, Super a weak one (at least weaker than Electric). Even the singles are been less successful than the Electric ones
I like Music Complete but I enjoy Super better. However, even if I agreed with you that Music Complete is better than Super that doesn't explain why it has outsold Super. Music Complete is a comeback album. It is New Order's first album in ten years (not counting Lost Sirens) and it follows an album - Waiting for the Siren's Call - that was absolute crap and most fans hated, i.e. it was their Release. In that same time (2005-2015) PSB have released four studio albums, a new Greatest Hits, a b-sides collection, a live album, Disco 4, The Most Incredible Thing and the Potemkin soundtrack. Super was also released less than three years after their most well-received album in years. PSB have never made a comeback because they've never gone away. New Order also have a bigger label to promote them.

rudynicoletti

#239 Post by rudynicoletti » Mon 29 Aug 2016, 9:46 am

Super is 29 k after 3 month, Electric 40 k after 6 to 7 months. Let's wait for a few months more and the tour which will boost even more sales..

Hamlet

#240 Post by Hamlet » Mon 29 Aug 2016, 9:59 am

Super is S..t !