SAW Tennant & Lowe

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Nickname

Re: SAW Tennant & Lowe

#31 Post by Nickname »

telys wrote: Sun 16 May 2021, 8:52 pm
Markpro wrote: Sun 16 May 2021, 6:03 pm
Nickname wrote: Sat 03 Jan 2015, 12:22 am

By the way, I was listening to a remix from Phil Harding today, the song "Hot Girl" by Sabrina (listen to it, it's good and it reminds the remix from "It's a sin", because of the whippings):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TNYPCYjEM4

Talking about Sabrina, it's funny because everybody remembers the song "Boys, boys, boys" (at least here in Spain) but the thing is she made a perfomance with the song "Hot Girl" in a popular Spanish TV show at the end of the year and the beginning of 1987/1988.

And well, E-V-E-R-Y-B-O-D-Y in Spain remembers that, in fact is one of the finnest moments of our Spanish TV history. Take a look at it:
I have never seen that before but really enjoyed it, thanks for sharing :clap: :shock: :D
Puts Olly's performance in the shade.
But damn that broadcast was sexist, being familiar with spanish TV I'm not surprised though.
Come on!, this performance made a lot of teenagers and kids happy (and fathers too). :lol:

The thing was we are talking about the music TV show of Spanish TV on New Year's Day. You know all the family watching the show before young people get out and go to a club. Nobody expected that.

The funny thing was the President of Spanish TV was a woman and she saw the whole show before it was shown on TV. She thought there were no many times in the story of Spanish TV, you could watch naked people until those days (not even top less), so she thought it was a good moment to do that and she relied a lot on Hugo Stuven (the director of the show, one of the best of that era). So she said ok to it.

One day, Hugo Stuven found Sabrina on a festival. He went to say her "hello" but she slapped his face.

Anyway, Hugo Stuven was a good guy, he died of Covid a couple of weeks.

Sithblade

#32 Post by Sithblade »

Clicked on the Sabrina clip and it's now removed from YouTube due to sexual content!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

telys

#33 Post by telys »

Sithblade wrote: Sun 16 May 2021, 9:33 pm Clicked on the Sabrina clip and it's now removed from YouTube due to sexual content!

It's still out there
----
You've got me all wrong

telys

#34 Post by telys »

Nickname wrote: Sun 16 May 2021, 9:21 pm
telys wrote: Sun 16 May 2021, 8:52 pm
Markpro wrote: Sun 16 May 2021, 6:03 pm

I have never seen that before but really enjoyed it, thanks for sharing :clap: :shock: :D
Puts Olly's performance in the shade.
But damn that broadcast was sexist, being familiar with spanish TV I'm not surprised though.
Come on!, this performance made a lot of teenagers and kids happy (and fathers too). :lol:

The thing was we are talking about the music TV show of Spanish TV on New Year's Day. You know all the family watching the show before young people get out and go to a club. Nobody expected that.

The funny thing was the President of Spanish TV was a woman and she saw the whole show before it was shown on TV. She thought there were no many times in the story of Spanish TV, you could watch naked people until those days (not even top less), so she thought it was a good moment to do that and she relied a lot on Hugo Stuven (the director of the show, one of the best of that era). So she said ok to it.

One day, Hugo Stuven found Sabrina on a festival. He went to say her "hello" but she slapped his face.

Anyway, Hugo Stuven was a good guy, he died of Covid a couple of weeks.
Sad story, but hey the slo-mo section is a bit too explicit. I would've slapped Hugo as well
----
You've got me all wrong

Sithblade

#35 Post by Sithblade »

telys wrote:
Sithblade wrote: Sun 16 May 2021, 9:33 pm Clicked on the Sabrina clip and it's now removed from YouTube due to sexual content!

It's still out there
Found itImage

Nickname

#36 Post by Nickname »

The musical shows on New Years Eve on Spanish were great. Many of the most famous singers (Spanish and foreign artist) were there, specially at the highest peak of popularity.

1987: Sabrina Salerno, Donna Summer, Dionne Warwick, Patsy Kensit, Eros Ramazotti, Brigitte Nielsen, Astrud Gilberto, Luis Eduardo Aute, Miguel Bosé, Cantores de Hispalis, Camarón de la Isla, Chiquetete, Luis Cobos, La Década Prodigiosa, Duncan Dhu, Dúo Dinámico, Gabinete Caligari, Hombres G, Rocío Jurado, Vicky Larraz, Martes y Trece, Ángela Molina, Francesco Napoli, Olé Olé, José Luis Perales, Radio Futura, etc.

1988: Pet Shop Boys (with Locomia), Duran Duran, C.C. Catch, Samantha Fox, Bananarama, Glenn Medeiros, Mory Kanté, Mecano, Gipsy Kings, Azúcar Moreno, Cantores de Hispalis, La Década Prodigiosa, Loquillo y los Trogloditas, María del Monte, Olé Olé, Los Ronaldos, Caco Senante, El Último de la Fila, etc.

Pet Shop Boys in Spanish TV (New Years Eve - 1988):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXvqKjzNKDI

A few weeks before this performance PSB had been Number 1 on the Official Spanish Singles Chart with Domino Dancing and a few months before Always on my Mind climbed the top for almost 3 months and when Heart was released like a single it was Number 2 because Always on my Mind was still at the top. So you can imagine how popular they were at that time. That's why they consider Spain one of the most PSB friendly countries.

Eleven

#37 Post by Eleven »

Pete Waterman didnt hit a single key or touched the mixer, he was the manager and he was amazing at that.
Aitken and Stock were the ones who did the sound along with the help of engineers and mixers , there was a building with a bunch of studios making music non stop so people were needed.

Neil and Chris wrote Being Boring based on the key change SAW songs had and wanted a piece of that in their songs

I think they would have made a single or two like with Trevir Horn and it would have delivered the goods, but just that, Many people complain about Domino Dancing as being too comercial and the video too whatever...imagine sounding like Rick Astley....

ps. i love Domino Dancing and the SAW sound

Gabby

#38 Post by Gabby »

Always thought "Always on My Mind/In My House" sounds a bit SAW at the beginning.

Spittingcat

#39 Post by Spittingcat »

Heart has to be their most obvious attempt at a SAW style single.

BlueSwan

#40 Post by BlueSwan »

Unfortunately, these days Mike Stock is a rightwing conspiracy nut.
http://www.soundcloud.com/blueswan (Blue Swan tracks, my solo tracks and remixes)

http://soundcloud.com/groups/inspired-by-pet-shop-boys (A collection of various artists PSB covers, PSB remixes and original songs inspired by PSB - anyone interested can contribute tracks)

Dog

#41 Post by Dog »

My favourite SAW tracks:

Princess - Say I’m Your Number One
Brilliant - Love Is War
Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round
Bananarama - Venus
Hazel Dean - Who’s Leaving Who
Kylie Minogue - What Do I Have To Do?
Woof.

DJAMIX

#42 Post by DJAMIX »

Dog wrote: Thu 20 May 2021, 12:20 pm My favourite SAW tracks:

Princess - Say I’m Your Number One
Brilliant - Love Is War
Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round
Bananarama - Venus
Hazel Dean - Who’s Leaving Who
Kylie Minogue - What Do I Have To Do?
Mine:

Bananarama - Love in the first degree // I Want you back
Hazell Dean - Turn it into love
Kylie Minogue - Better the devil you know
Rick Astley - It would take a strong strong man // Don't say goodbye girl
Sinitta - Cross my broken heart
Big Fun - Can't shake the feeling
Cliff Richard - Just don't have the heart
One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)

Future Lover

#43 Post by Future Lover »

BlueSwan wrote: Thu 20 May 2021, 12:02 pm Unfortunately, these days Mike Stock is a rightwing conspiracy nut.
Those types of people have infected every corner of the internet...

telys

#44 Post by telys »

Future Lover wrote: Thu 20 May 2021, 12:37 pm
BlueSwan wrote: Thu 20 May 2021, 12:02 pm Unfortunately, these days Mike Stock is a rightwing conspiracy nut.
Those types of people have infected every corner of the internet...
Yes, and you're one of them. Sadly infecting my beloved PSB forum with "conspiracy nut"-rants ripe with homophobia, condemning other people's sexuality and choice of lifestyle. There seems to be no PSB fandom left in you. New Zealand must be psychlogical nightmare.
I love Pet Shop Boys, I love anybody who's straight or gay or whatever they want to be, I love this forum.
----
You've got me all wrong

Future Lover

#45 Post by Future Lover »

Seek treatment.