Pet Shop Boys on Youtube

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Message
Author
User avatar
itsadog
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue 09 Feb 2016, 10:07 am
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on Youtube

#1636 Post by itsadog »

This is me playing 10 Pet Shop Boys songs all in the key of C Minor. It's a sin, so sorry I said, Do I have to and many more . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-WoBN9ev5E

There are 3 hidden songs in the backing tracks, 1 is easy, 2 not so. Kudos if you spot them!!

User avatar
jasonjohn
Posts: 2145
Joined: Mon 27 Sep 2004, 12:10 am
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on Youtube

#1637 Post by jasonjohn »

Really cool ambience

Shows some of those tracks could of taken an entirely different direction

(like: I'm not Scared sounded great at that pace and key)

Nickname
Posts: 6520
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on Youtube

#1638 Post by Nickname »

MTV's promo from VMA of 1986:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0tC6fnwXjM

User avatar
Vince
Posts: 4417
Joined: Wed 27 Oct 2004, 7:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on Youtube

#1639 Post by Vince »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es8of_LupxQ
Interview with a musician Mark Refoy.
PSB reference is from about 21:30
H.A.P.P.I.N.E.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.
S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.

My Poems:
http://wordsunchained.blogspot.com/

User avatar
leesmapman
Posts: 2114
Joined: Wed 03 May 2006, 11:51 am
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on Youtube

#1640 Post by leesmapman »

Vince wrote: Thu 01 Jul 2021, 6:33 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es8of_LupxQ
Interview with a musician Mark Refoy.
PSB reference is from about 21:30
That's an interesting listen! He's talking about Release and the tour, Moscow (Live8) and Peel Sessions.

User avatar
rashomon
Posts: 1571
Joined: Mon 26 Sep 2005, 11:44 am
Contact:

Pet Shop Boys on Youtube

#1641 Post by rashomon »

Yes - good listen

Thanks for posting.

I have always loved the ‘Broken Heart’ track by Spiritualized - nice use of Pachelbel’s Canon in D with the strings
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

User avatar
psbfannyc
Posts: 1107
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 7:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on Youtube

#1642 Post by psbfannyc »

leesmapman wrote: Thu 01 Jul 2021, 9:31 am
Vince wrote: Thu 01 Jul 2021, 6:33 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es8of_LupxQ
Interview with a musician Mark Refoy.
PSB reference is from about 21:30
That's an interesting listen! He's talking about Release and the tour, Moscow (Live8) and Peel Sessions.
Thanks for posting this. I really liked Bic and Mark on the "Uni Tour" and the "Release Tour". They both added so much...along with the percussionist. They did some incredible musicianship on the both tours during "Love Comes Quickly".

User avatar
psbfannyc
Posts: 1107
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 7:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on Youtube

#1643 Post by psbfannyc »

psbfannyc wrote: Thu 01 Jul 2021, 8:40 pm
leesmapman wrote: Thu 01 Jul 2021, 9:31 am
Vince wrote: Thu 01 Jul 2021, 6:33 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es8of_LupxQ
Interview with a musician Mark Refoy.
PSB reference is from about 21:30
That's an interesting listen! He's talking about Release and the tour, Moscow (Live8) and Peel Sessions.
Thanks for posting this. I really liked Bic and Mark on the "Uni Tour" and the "Release Tour". They both added so much...along with the percussionist. They did some incredible musicianship on the both tours during "Love Comes Quickly". As an aside...I shared a taxi back to Central London with Mark Refoy after a PSB party and he was really cool and such a nice chap.

Nickname
Posts: 6520
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on Youtube

#1644 Post by Nickname »

Playing It's a Sin in Japan TV in 1988 (with Chris using his tongue):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2RvNjR ... Parlophone

User avatar
leesmapman
Posts: 2114
Joined: Wed 03 May 2006, 11:51 am
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on Youtube

#1645 Post by leesmapman »

Nickname wrote:Playing It's a Sin in Japan TV in 1988 (with Chris using his tongue):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2RvNjR ... Parlophone
He's even smiling!

Sent from my SM-J410F using Tapatalk


OakeyDokey
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun 04 Oct 2020, 10:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on Youtube

#1646 Post by OakeyDokey »

Haha, what on earth was Chris doing with that air-lick out of nowhere?! Must have been for a bet :dance:

User avatar
Vince
Posts: 4417
Joined: Wed 27 Oct 2004, 7:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on Youtube

#1647 Post by Vince »

Now that's a rare find!! Loved it!
H.A.P.P.I.N.E.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.
S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.

My Poems:
http://wordsunchained.blogspot.com/

Paul
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon 29 Aug 2005, 7:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on Youtube

#1648 Post by Paul »

Small clip of PSB and Melissa Etheridge performing What Have I Done to Deserve This ? at Equality Rocks
I've heard the full audio of the PSB performance but this is the first time I've seen any video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8g2CiRmFF8[/YouTube]

domino
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat 05 Jan 2019, 10:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Pet Shop Boys on Youtube

#1649 Post by domino »

Paul wrote: Thu 15 Jul 2021, 7:01 pm Small clip of PSB and Melissa Etheridge performing What Have I Done to Deserve This ? at Equality Rocks
I've heard the full audio of the PSB performance but this is the first time I've seen any video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8g2CiRmFF8
Great find! I wonder if there is a video recording of the whole performance somewhere out there.
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 34 guests