Pet Shop Boys convention UK

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
bobblekat

Re: Pet Shop Boys convention UK

#61 Post by bobblekat »

Although I am no great collector, I am up for meeting fellow fans, so would pop by. :)
I went fishing with Salvador Dali; he used a dotted line.

meiakitty

#62 Post by meiakitty »

I'd go!
You, you're my lover, you're my hope, you're my dreams my life, my passion, my love, my sex, my money
violence, religion, injustice and death

Pet Shop Girl

#63 Post by Pet Shop Girl »

Is the convention still on?

Fugitive1979

#64 Post by Fugitive1979 »

Yesterday, transforce wrote:Just to update everyone, the convention is far from forgotten about. I am viewing venues at the moment. I will be talking to guests soon. If you know anyone that might be interested in being a dealer, please get them to contact me directly. paul.mgf@btinternet.com
Today, Pet Shop Girl wrote:Is the convention still on?
:roll:
:| :o

Pet Shop Girl

#65 Post by Pet Shop Girl »

Well I had not read the rest of this thread to know more.

transforce

#66 Post by transforce »

Definitely some dancing! I'll have a DJ spinning some PSB tunes and although it's too early to say yet, hopefully some special guests.

I was thinking not strictly central London, but it's not set in stone. More likely South London, somewhere people can park their cars if travelling that way.
For the Transformers conventions I have run in the past, people have prefered this.

Any other comments/suggestions welcome...

There is a forum (http://conventionalpsb.proboards92.com/index.cgi?). It hasn't seen much activity lately, but wotrht bookmarking, I will be producing a website a little nearer the time. The show would probably be around July/August 2009, but that's just an idea. After Christmas there will be some announcements.

Technotrancemix

#67 Post by Technotrancemix »

If it was up the road from where I am, I might consider visiting but no promises

JP1974

#68 Post by JP1974 »

transforce wrote: More likely South London, somewhere people can park their cars if travelling that way.
nearer Surrey then? :D thinking of the map of Britain, wouldn't a greater proportion be coming from north of London, and I were coming by car I wouldn't relish the thought of driving all the way through London one bit

BecciJ

#69 Post by BecciJ »

Also, south london is less easy to get to for people travelling from the midlands or the north... (obviously lol). At least north London would mean a little less distance to travel for people who are already travelling quite a distance. :)

transforce

#70 Post by transforce »

What sort of events would people want to see at the show?

No Muscle Mary

#71 Post by No Muscle Mary »

An interview and signing by the boys would be nice :pray:

Let's not go for a screening of It Couldn't Happen Here anyway :sick:
Churlicious

Pani

#72 Post by Pani »

Pls. make photos! :wink:

Postscript

#73 Post by Postscript »

transforce wrote:What sort of events would people want to see at the show?
Something active, something involving fans. Like a dance maybe. Someone or two can be the choreographer and teach the others a dance.. we'd have fun. It's just an idea. (I love dancing myself).

And maybe a dresscode would be fun? You can choose to dress as Neil or Chris or Sylvia? lol Or maybe something more simple, like glamorous or, if we know what the new album's going to look like, we dress in the style of the new album (if that's possible).
I love passion.

territorygal

#74 Post by territorygal »

Postscript wrote: Something active, something involving fans. Like a dance maybe. Someone or two can be the choreographer and teach the others a dance.. we'd have fun. It's just an idea. (I love dancing myself).
And be sure to take lots and lots of pictures and video, and share it with the rest of us so that we can :lol: ...er, I mean, live vicariously through you.

:wink:
And everything about tonight feels right and so young
And anything I'd want to say out loud will be sung
It's in the music...

No Muscle Mary

#75 Post by No Muscle Mary »

Postscript wrote:
transforce wrote:What sort of events would people want to see at the show?
Something active, something involving fans. Like a dance maybe. Someone or two can be the choreographer and teach the others a dance.. we'd have fun. It's just an idea. (I love dancing myself).

And maybe a dresscode would be fun? You can choose to dress as Neil or Chris or Sylvia? lol Or maybe something more simple, like glamorous or, if we know what the new album's going to look like, we dress in the style of the new album (if that's possible).
And let's make both these things optional :P

If I'm going getting on a plane and travelling over to London then getting down to the venue, I want to have as little luggage as possible and certainly don't want to be dressed up as Sylvia!!! :sick:
Churlicious