Public requests for PSB tracks (Updated 14/02/2016)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
StevePSB
Site Admin

Re: Public requests for PSB tracks

#31 Post by StevePSB »

I have removed various, very obvious hints people are leaving in one particular thread at the moment, and I will close the thread if it continues. The forum rules on copyrighted material are clear enough, and users who insist on constantly posting requests or hints to others that they want a particular piece of copyrighted material will be officially warned. Users who repeat such behaviour after a warning will be banned.

StevePSB

Nightlife

#32 Post by Nightlife »

StevePSB wrote: Users who repeat such behaviour after a warning will be banned.

StevePSB

I couldn't agree more!
You don't have to be beautiful, but it helps!

mole973102

Re:

#33 Post by mole973102 »

StevePSB wrote:The long and short of it is that we cannot be seen to be a place where people are able to come to find out where to illegally download copyrighted music files. Do not post links to copyrighted material in public. Also do not post topics advertising or requesting any kind of copyrighted material. If you want to share such music or video files, do so in private.
So it's okay providing spies in the forum don't know? Very Gordon Brown.

I've just bought the Love etc CD promo and the Did you see me coming?? 12" promo CD - so I'm alright. :)
Got a great price on ebay. :)

Please don't release any more singles...can't afford it! :(
You gotta have fun!

RaciePSB

#34 Post by RaciePSB »

Oh my goodness, are we all due our periods or something? ;)

Lovak, I think I know what the problem is here. Nobody is "sucking down negativity" or picking on you per se. I'm thinking the general response is more one of defensiveness. If you look back on what you wrote, it does sound just a teensy bit self richeous and judgemental. I don't think you meant to come across that way, but your post was offensive - You are probably just attempting to express your allegence as a fan, but perhaps without thinking, you're publicly declaring yourself a good guy, whilst you condemn others, who you assume would take advantage and deprive our favourite beloved artists of the royalties they are due from album sales. However it doesn't go down too well with the rest of us to feel we are being shoulted at, called a "twit", told we are selfish, immoral, unethical, and lacking in the virtues you possess, and implying that we are demanding and needy and somehow lesser in status than the select special few in receipt of promotional samples. And you even managed to insult "raging drag queens" as being somehow on the lowest rung of the gayness ladder or whatever (and are they all gay in an case? I wouldn't have thought so but what would I know).

In this post you imply that you're different - better - than everybody else, because you have integrity. You have a solid set of morals and live your life as though Jesus, and The Boys, were watching - and might just be reading this. ;) (So pure in thought and word and deed, while we didn't quite succeed. ;) )
Des is right, you kind of do sound a bit Jackass-ish, but reading between the lines I sense you mean well and your main intention was to show support to the boys and this forum. It just comes across wrong, s'all. :wink:
Rachel
Happily PSB-obsessed since 1986

RaciePSB

Re:

#35 Post by RaciePSB »

StevePSB wrote:
oneinamillion wrote:i would have thought that anyone who listens to or downloads an early version of I'm with stupid is still going to be in the record shops on the day of release buying every version available anyway - we're fans!
Not the point, and I doubt that'd stand up in court...

StevePSB
Honey you're right, which is why it wouldn't be a good idea. That said, 1/1,000,000 has a point. If I don't know how I'll feel about an album I'll have a listen at the Amazon 'listening stations', if not the ones in the shops, to avoid disappointment. Not for PSB though. Being an obsessive fan I tend to want to own everything a copy of absolutely everything! Also, for me it sometimes takes several listens before a particular track grows on me (which it almost always does). :D
Rachel
Happily PSB-obsessed since 1986

StevePSB
Site Admin

Re: Public requests for PSB tracks (Updated 14/02/2016)

#36 Post by StevePSB »

Hi everyone.

Again I'd like to refer everyone to the forum rules.
Do not post links to downloadable copyrighted material in public. Also, do not post topics, or in topics advertising or via any means requesting any kind of downloadable copyrighted material. If you wish to share such music or video files, please do so in private.
I really do wish everyone would stick by the rules, but every time we have new material the same predictable things happen no matter how many times we ask people to read and adhere to the rules.

So, as of today, anyone advertising or asking for files will be officially warned. After a warning if this happens again we will ban until after the new material is released.

Thank you.

StevePSB

trafaelwyr

#37 Post by trafaelwyr »

StevePSB wrote:Hi everyone.

Again I'd like to refer everyone to the forum rules.
Do not post links to downloadable copyrighted material in public. Also, do not post topics, or in topics advertising or via any means requesting any kind of downloadable copyrighted material. If you wish to share such music or video files, please do so in private.
I really do wish everyone would stick by the rules, but every time we have new material the same predictable things happen no matter how many times we ask people to read and adhere to the rules.

So, as of today, anyone advertising or asking for files will be officially warned. After a warning if this happens again we will ban until after the new material is released.

Thank you.

StevePSB

I'm sure this is probably mentioned somewhere, but I've only just woken up and am not about to start an easter egg hunt. Does this rule apply to links to legal purchasable tracks?

Zog

#38 Post by Zog »

The best way to avoid requests and pestering is to NOT advertise the fact that you have the (or any) unreleased track in question. Admittedly this can be a very hard thing to do, because most people, even if they're not trying to brag, end up giving away (particularly) on the main forum too much in the way of thoughts and details and reviews. Thus letting the proverbial cat out of the bag, and thus the barrage of requests begin.

Does that mean don't privately try and seek out tracks? That's a moral question. But main point is to leave this whole forum the hell out of it.

-Zog (the not exactly innocent)
New Stuff
*** “Back-Track” - Retro Funk Mix (MAS 2018)
https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... k-mix-2018
*** “Cydonia” - Techno Mix (MAS 2018)
https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... x-mas-2018

ZiggyPSB

#39 Post by ZiggyPSB »

[deleted] Nevermind I found the answer
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

telys

#40 Post by telys »

No more files
----
You've got me all wrong