Public requests for PSB tracks (Updated 14/02/2016)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
StevePSB
Site Admin

Public requests for PSB tracks (Updated 14/02/2016)

#1 Post by StevePSB »

Hi all,

I know yesterday (13th March) was the first time a new PSB track had been played in ages, but (as per the long standing forum rules) in future all public requests for copies of any new track, PSB or otherwise, will be deleted and/or threads containing requests closed. We will officially warn people doing this and on a second offence will enforce a forum ban until after the release of an album or single.

There is no intended killjoy element in this action, it's merely a measure to avoid the forum receiving unwanted attention from the legal departments of large record companies.

Thank you.

StevePSB

Lovok

#2 Post by Lovok »

I am constantly astounded and repulsed at the level of inconsideration and lack of respect shown to PSB regarding the ''Gimme gimme gimme" attitude of the majority of the fans.

They bug other fans to crack open promos, and get pissy when refused. Ever stop to think that maybe, just MAYBE, those of you asking couldn't be trustd to keep it to yourself?
Or that you're violating a confidence by even EXPECTING a promo to be opened JUST FOR YOU, BECAUSE YOU ASKED?!?!?
Or have ANY forethought that if you in turn shared it, the source of the leak WOULD be traced and it would eventually cut off the supply of future promos to the person who originally shared it??
Ever pause for a micro-second to ponder that in the big scheme of things, EVERYBODY loses???
Nooooooo, they just want their own selfish, petulant needs to be filled, and ruin the surprise, excitement, and any special perks one might get (I'm referring to those lucky ones who get the early promos).

They plead for music files to be posted and cry when they're told "Nope". I admit it- I've downloaded PSB files from file-sharing web sites, but I ALSO BUY the official releases at every opportunity too. Why do I not stop at just getting everything I can get for free? Because I like the artwork and packaging; because the Boys have every right to make money from my purchasing their music; because I have more sense than a piece of corn and have the morals and ethics not to steal or to be so self-absorbed in what I want just because I'M A FAN.

Where does this sense of entitlement these boobs have come from??????

Why is it such a fracking issue to just WAIT for the new CD to come out? JEEEEZ!!

StevePSB, I'm right there with ya- police this site, and remove every thread and every posting that these empty-headed twits put out there that could and WOULD piss off the Boys and/or cause legal issues.

Dog

#3 Post by Dog »

What's the difference between the behaviour you're condemning, and your downloading of files from websites? In terms of 'morals' and 'ethics' I'm struggling to see.
Woof.

Lovok

#4 Post by Lovok »

The difference is that when I download files, I use them as a sample of what I'm going buy. The artisits still get compensated from my purchase (an assumption to be sure, but a logical one I think), and I delete the sample files. I pay for what I get and delete what I already have. So ''morally", I know the difference between taking the music without paying for it (i.e. stealing), and paying for an officially lisenced product.

How about this: If I sample a chicken nugget, then buy a box of them, did I steal the nugget I ate?

ethics: 1: a discipline dealing with good and evil and with moral duty 2: moral principles or practice.

moral: of or relating to principles of right and wrong 2:conforming to a standard of right and wrong

Dictionaries are handy when you don't know what words mean.

Or how about this scenario: I get an exclusive PSB promo and promise the source I won't give anyone any copys or files of the song. Another person begs and pleads, says "I PROMISE I won't give it to anyone" (which they end up doing), breaking that promise (and I was taught breaking a promise is bad=lying=morally wrong). Since I have one copy of oh, say, 10 promos, it gets traced back to me through associations that I was the one who gave out a copy. I get into trouble. I don't get any more promos. I lose out getting exclusive items because the person broke a promise.

My rant is about the whining, nasty cry-babies that aren't getting their own way, more than it is about downloading files from the Internet.

Need me to draw a picture or give out maps too?

Dog

#5 Post by Dog »

So, the difference between you and those you are criticising is that you eventually will buy the official product - whereas everyone else won't?

It seems to me that people are (in the main) either requesting what's legally already out there (i.e. a link to the Swedish radio feed, or whatever it is), or attempting to show up those that are claiming to have advanced copies as being the liars that they are.

If someone has a promo copy I agree, it shouldn't be shared... but if you admit to downloading copyright material you lose the moral upperhand.

I found the tone of your posts in this thread more offensive than any mp3 requests I've read. Steve made the point fine - he doesn't need you standing behind him shouting insults over his shoulder.
Woof.

Lovok

#6 Post by Lovok »

Whatever :roll:

Shouting insults is the norm here, so nail me to a cross for fitting in :twisted:

gareth

#7 Post by gareth »

Lovok wrote:Whatever :roll:

Shouting insults is the norm here, so nail me to a cross for fitting in :twisted:
Well no one else had deemed it neccessary to reply to Steve's more than reasonable thread.........

You're right, there has been some distasteful posting on here regarding promos etc, but to simply assume that you are the only one who downloads and buys is just plain wrong. Especially, if I may add, since you've only been here a short while and in such a patronising tone.

I'm with Dog here.

Have a good weekend

G
Furious angels will bring you back to me

Dog

#8 Post by Dog »

Hey - no worries. All is cool.
Woof.

oneinamillion

#9 Post by oneinamillion »

i would have thought that anyone who listens to or downloads an early version of I'm with stupid is still going to be in the record shops on the day of release buying every version available anyway - we're fans!
I get out of bed at half past ten...i wish

joeythecat

#10 Post by joeythecat »

Tthe song is out there if you look hard enough. But likely anyone here is going to buy the single when it comes out, I am looking forward to a new petshopboys single and will buy it when it comes out. But there are people who will simply wait to find it for free another way. That is how it is. Calling people names is no way to be though. It is nice to see people excited about the music really. Now if people outside of the forums want to hear it... then things are going good. Also, IF YOU DON'T WANT PEOPLE BUGGING YOU ABOUT YOUR NEW PROMO, DEMO UNRELEASED REMIX, OR WHATEVER, DON'T MENTION THAT YOU HAVE IT. If you want to brag, then you must want people to bug you!

StevePSB
Site Admin

#11 Post by StevePSB »

oneinamillion wrote:i would have thought that anyone who listens to or downloads an early version of I'm with stupid is still going to be in the record shops on the day of release buying every version available anyway - we're fans!
Not the point, and I doubt that'd stand up in court...

StevePSB

Deschanel

#12 Post by Deschanel »

Steve is quite reasonable, and maintaining a long standing policy here.

Lovok from Baltimore, with a mere 49 posts, is exposing himself as a gigantic jackass.

Who the f- asked you? 49 posts and you're pontificating here? Please, bitch.

Lovok

#13 Post by Lovok »

FIRST of all, ''bitch", I RETURNED to this board, so my 49 posts are just from recently coming back. SHOW the part in the rules and regs stating that users here require some kind of tenure to rant, and I'll keep my opinions to myself. If you can't do that, put a cork in it.

SECOND, no one " f-ing asked" me. I volunteered my obviously unpopular point of view. So what. If you bothered to READ any of my 49 posts (which I seriously doubt you have), not all of them are gripes or complaints, nor do they contain any name-calling to specific people, unlike your post.

In those oh-so-few 49 posts, virtually NO ONE ever responded to anything positve, friendly, or cheerful that I've written. But let me get critical and blow off steam, and I get slammed. You people seem to suck down negativity like a snake eats a rat.

This board is infested with negative, bitter, angry units, and I'm seriously becoming ashamed in being associated with fellow PSB fans; I really don't want to be likened to any of you any more than I'd want a raging drag queen representing me as a gay man.

Yeah, I can hear it now- "so LEAVE then" (hey, THERE'S a friendly ''hello", huh?). Maybe I will. Maybe I won't. One thing is for sure- bullies and junvenile name-callers don't scare me, and won't make me leave. But frustration and a low threshold for ignorant behaviour just may. Anyone that chooses that second option is the ''gigantic jackass".

If that's what I am, I'm certainly in like company after all.

ArseSpanker

#14 Post by ArseSpanker »

Lovok wrote:This board is infested with negative, bitter, angry units.
Hey leave me out of this!
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post do not necessarily reflect or represent those of its author.

Lovok

#15 Post by Lovok »

:D
Spanker, I've always liked reading your posts. You may've been angry from time to time, but not bitter. :wink:

But then again, since I've only got 49+ posts to my credit, I'm probably being naive and under-informed... :( I CAN say that you weren't one of the people I had in mind in my rant.

I can't WAIT for the day when I have eleventeen million posts, so I can be a bonafide know-it-all too! :twisted: