Public requests for PSB tracks (Updated 14/02/2016)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
etienne

wow...

#16 Post by etienne »

Hello,

This is my first time posting on this forum, although I have enjoyed reading what others have written for some time.

After reading this thread I felt compelled to write a response.

First off, this forum states boldly at the top of every page that this is a "community" and the kind of posts I have been reading here are anything but. In fact, some are petty, selfish, bitchy or just plain mean.

Many people on these boards have heard the forthcoming single, and have been discussing it with great avidity. Others, like myself, have yet to hear it and would be thrilled to join the discussion-- after all, I understand that this is a community.

I saw no posts of people asking for anyone to illegally file share, simply asking where they too may hear the single. After all, it is getting airplay in Scandinavia. Any teeny bopper in a village outside Gotenburg who does not care about two aging popstars can hear the song, but not the devoted fans half a world away.

The song was even STREAMED (since taken down) legally and freely on the web by a Swedish radio station. Instead of simply saying "you can here the song here," some users of this forum took a high and mighty "priviledged" attitude that toward hearing a bloody song. They justify purely selfish and exclusionary behaviour with a load of crap
about "morality," "ethics" and "legality."

Sure, sure, we could spend a few hours googling around to find I'm with stupid... but we should be able to ask the "community," especially if the song is legitamately available on the web.

I really don't know any of you or your internet flaming habits or whatever, but I will say demeaning someone for having a "mere 49 posts" is a pointless insult. Besides, the person who has 2,000,000 posts usually has diarhea of the fingers and 90% of their posts look like this:

LOL! :)

or

I agree!

or

:D ;) :p :D :D :D

I think that the career of the PSB is an exellent example of QUALITY over QUANTITY.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll just drift back into the shadows and you can all resume your flaming and if you want you can throw insults at me too, but I probably won't respond.

etienne

StevePSB
Site Admin

#17 Post by StevePSB »

The long and short of it is that we cannot be seen to be a place where people are able to come to find out where to illegally download copyrighted music files.

The rules are clear, and there for a reason.
Do not post links to copyrighted material in public. Also do not post topics advertising or requesting any kind of copyrighted material. If you want to share such music or video files, do so in private.

StevePSB

Technotrancemix

#18 Post by Technotrancemix »

I think I understand just how Lovok feels

Being boring

#19 Post by Being boring »

I'd presume that the majority of people after such promos, would actually be buying the single anyway upon its official release.
Keele University 09.02.02
Liverpool Summer Pops 02.07.06, Block N, Row A, Seat 4
Liverpool Echo Arena 13.07.09
Empress Ballroom, Blackpool 13.07.10
Manchester Arena 20.06.13
Empress Ballroom, Blackpool 16.06.14

StevePSB
Site Admin

#20 Post by StevePSB »

Yes, but as I have already said on page two to the same point - that's not the point and that excuse wouldn't stand up in court.

StevePSB

Lovok

#21 Post by Lovok »

:wall:

Being boring

#22 Post by Being boring »

I'm not condoning it...
Keele University 09.02.02
Liverpool Summer Pops 02.07.06, Block N, Row A, Seat 4
Liverpool Echo Arena 13.07.09
Empress Ballroom, Blackpool 13.07.10
Manchester Arena 20.06.13
Empress Ballroom, Blackpool 16.06.14

stew

#23 Post by stew »

bloody hell rite topic this one aint it!

Markpro

#24 Post by Markpro »

I didn't realise that the number of posts you have defined how big a fan you are.
I already have most of Fundamental but i'll still be there on day one of release to buy it, why...beacuse i'm a fan, just like the majority of people here.
Now don't tell me that every single song you've ever downloaded and kept you have then wen't out and bought it afterwards.
Stop trying to be suprfan here. the first post was more than suitable and got the point across whereas your post just made you look bad, get off your soap box.
Calm yourself and enjoy the music.
I've been a Teenager since before you were born.

Markpro

#25 Post by Markpro »

etienne, come back...good post and a most welcome one with some very good points to it.
only a very small minority are like what you described. don't let them put you off.
Oh and by the way..Welcome to the community :lol:
I've been a Teenager since before you were born.

Calippo-Man

#26 Post by Calippo-Man »

joeythecat wrote: Also, IF YOU DON'T WANT PEOPLE BUGGING YOU ABOUT YOUR NEW PROMO, DEMO UNRELEASED REMIX, OR WHATEVER, DON'T MENTION THAT YOU HAVE IT. If you want to brag, then you must want people to bug you!
Here here. Half the problems are caused by people doing exactly that.

stew

#27 Post by stew »

whi is this is still going!

lordsuggs007

#28 Post by lordsuggs007 »

lol

now now gals gals

Avalon

#29 Post by Avalon »

Deschanel wrote:Lovok from Baltimore, with a mere 49 posts, is exposing himself as a gigantic jackass.

Who the f- asked you? 49 posts and you're pontificating here? Please, bitch.
Who are you tell off other posters while you only have 600 yourself? Goddamn typical American

Anyway, I'm expecting a post from Glenny now to critisize me for putting down others as surely he, being the top-poster here, is the only who has the right to do so

stoo

#30 Post by stoo »

its not quanity, its quality so im told :lol: