The final results are in for my poll of the past two weeks (the most popular one I've run in more than four years!), in which I asked my site visitors to choose the 18 non-singles that they would include on an imaginary "Best of Pet Shop Boys" release. And the songs that received the most votes per album were:
* "Two Divided by Zero" from Please
* "King's Cross" from Actually
* "I'm Not Scared" from Introspective
* "This Must Be the Place I Waited Years to Leave" from Behaviour
* "Dreaming of the Queen" from Very
* "In the Night" from Alternative
* "Shameless" from Alternative
* "It Always Comes as a Surprise" from Bilingual
* "Closer to Heaven" from Nightlife
* "Here" from Release
* "Positive Role Model" from Disco 3
* "Fugitive" from Fundamental
* "The Way It Used to Be" from Yes
* "Delusions of Grandeur" from Format
* "After the Event" from Format
* "A Face Like That" from Elysium
* "Fluorescent" from Electric
* "Burn" from Super
To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm
and select one of the "Past Survey Results" in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on my "What's New?" page.
It's not unusual for fans to discuss and debate the early singles choices from albums, but what about the final singles? So I've listed the final single from each Pet Shop Boys studio album and ask that for each you choose from four statements the one with which you most strongly agree. Do you think it was a good choice for the final single? Do you think it should have been an earlier single rather than the last? Do you think it shouldn't have been released as a single at all? Or do you not agree with *any* of the statements? So please take a few moments to make your choices right there on my home page.
In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in my previous survey! And I hope you all have two wonderful weeks ahead!