It is currently Wed 22 Feb 2017, 4:53 am
Forum Rules  |   Forum Contacts  |   Problems registering?  |   Mobile Forum Access  |   Official Website

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun 08 Jan 2017, 10:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 27 May 2007, 10:56 am
Posts: 567
Quote:
Wasn't he doing some modelling in the early '80s?
Yes! When Chris was a student he modelled for "My Guy" magazine. If you ever come across some old My Guy annuals in second hand shops etc... It would be an idea to have a look at them. He was in the picture stories.


Top
PostPosted: Mon 09 Jan 2017, 9:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri 08 Mar 2013, 8:27 am
Posts: 74
Oh my gawd !!! This thread really make a good start of 2017. I didn't know about Chris illustrated romantic novel carreer ! Now if somebody have the issues where he does appears, I would love to see that ! Or if somebody knows what issues he does appears maybe with some chance, somebody could find them ! Maybe eBay or something that sort....

_________________
I LOVE ENGLISH COCUMBERS !!!


Top
PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2017, 12:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 6:43 am
Posts: 1707
Quote:
I was quite upset with the death of George Michael and so I am watching many music videos and documentaries about him lately.

Today I was watching this one:

https://youtu.be/UaO4hbXz07g

A gossipy one... but that does not matter, because at 12 min 54 secs some quality entered the experience. I could not believe my eyes! :shock: 8)
You know, looking at that, I can't help but think of "Bet She's Not Your Girlfriend." ;-)

Does anyone know precisely which issue that is? The image is too blurry in the video; I can't make out the issue number or date. But I'd love to find out in hopes of learning more about it.

_________________
Wayne
http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm


Top
PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2017, 1:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed 27 May 2015, 11:07 pm
Posts: 1044
The typeface would put it around late '84 or early 1985, but not sure exactly when.


Attachments:
IMG_7609.PNG
IMG_7609.PNG [ 1.94 MiB | Viewed 471 times ]

_________________
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.
Top
PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2017, 6:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri 08 Mar 2013, 8:27 am
Posts: 74
Quote:
The typeface would put it around late '84 or early 1985, but not sure exactly when.
I think it was end of 84 or during 85 because this issue was 32p and it was that price on these years...

Another issue with Chris on it than a friend posted on Facebook :

Image

_________________
I LOVE ENGLISH COCUMBERS !!!


Top
PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2017, 6:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 6:43 am
Posts: 1707
Thanks! That new picture helps because it appears to be Issue 110, which by mentioning "Pet Shop" indicates that it comes after PSB became famous. And that means the previous cover, which doesn't allude to PSB, is before 110. And that all matches up with the late '84/early '85 period. Now I've got more to go on.

It's clear, by the way, that the two photos are from the same photoshoot. Chris is wearing the same shirt in both, with the same strangely turned collar.

Thanks again. I'll be sure to share anything more I learn about all this.

_________________
Wayne
http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm


Top
PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2017, 8:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat 08 Oct 2011, 11:02 pm
Posts: 1005
Quote:
Quote:
I was quite upset with the death of George Michael and so I am watching many music videos and documentaries about him lately.

Today I was watching this one:

https://youtu.be/UaO4hbXz07g

A gossipy one... but that does not matter, because at 12 min 54 secs some quality entered the experience. I could not believe my eyes! :shock: 8)
You know, looking at that, I can't help but think of "Bet She's Not Your Girlfriend." ;-)

Does anyone know precisely which issue that is? The image is too blurry in the video; I can't make out the issue number or date. But I'd love to find out in hopes of learning more about it.
What are you insinuating! :x :wink:


Top
PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2017, 1:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat 08 Nov 2014, 10:25 pm
Posts: 37
I wonder how Chris feels about us looking for this type of "treasure"' perhaps he would be aghast!


Top
PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2017, 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed 27 May 2015, 11:07 pm
Posts: 1044
I imagine he'd be thinking "why on Earth are they doing this?" and find it hilarious... :?

_________________
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.


Top
PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan 2017, 8:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat 08 Nov 2014, 10:25 pm
Posts: 37
Quote:
I imagine he'd be thinking "why on Earth are they doing this?" and find it hilarious... :?
I'd say that is more Neil's reaction. :D


Top
PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2017, 8:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 12:39 am
Posts: 3516
I remember Chris being in My Guy. I think he did it for a laugh.

_________________
Prick up your ears.


Top
PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2017, 3:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 27 May 2007, 10:56 am
Posts: 567
Quote:
Oh my gawd !!! This thread really make a good start of 2017. I didn't know about Chris illustrated romantic novel carreer ! Now if somebody have the issues where he does appears, I would love to see that ! Or if somebody knows what issues he does appears maybe with some chance, somebody could find them ! Maybe eBay or something that sort....
I'm not sure how you could find out. I didn't know they actually stopped making "My Guy". If they were still around you could have asked them. I used to buy this magazine when I was at school.


Top
PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2017, 7:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat 08 Nov 2014, 10:25 pm
Posts: 37
Quote:
I remember Chris being in My Guy. I think he did it for a laugh.
Wouldn't that make a wonderful lyric - double meaning and all that :wink:


Top
PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan 2017, 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun 05 Aug 2012, 12:05 am
Posts: 66
https://youtu.be/fMnF452inXA
During their interview here, on Graham Norton, at around 4:40, Chris asks Graham, "Have you got My Guy there?" :lol:


Top
PostPosted: Sat 14 Jan 2017, 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed 27 May 2015, 11:07 pm
Posts: 1044
Quote:
https://youtu.be/fMnF452inXA
During their interview here, on Graham Norton, at around 4:40, Chris asks Graham, "Have you got My Guy there?" :lol:
Mentioned again at 7:41

_________________
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.


Top
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], joepsb and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited