Forum Rules  |   Forum Contacts  |   Problems registering?  |   Official Website

Search found 555 matches

by df118junkie
Sun 08 Oct 2017, 9:09 pm
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: Music Collector Magazine
Replies: 2
Views: 597

Re: Music Collector Magazine

Funnily enough, I just bought a couple of these (although I've had the PSB issue since it came out). The highest I can find is No. 33.
by df118junkie
Tue 05 Sep 2017, 8:26 am
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: The Loving Kind
Replies: 45
Views: 5053

Re: The Loving Kind

Vocal is fabulous. Further evidence of how Andrew Dawson destroyed what could have been a great album (except for the atrocious lyrics to Winner) Do we know yet if this is the first demo of Vocal, without any input from Dawson? The problem, I think, is that the sound of his productions is too strip...
by df118junkie
Mon 04 Sep 2017, 11:44 pm
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: The Loving Kind
Replies: 45
Views: 5053

Re: The Loving Kind

Vocal is fabulous. Further evidence of how Andrew Dawson destroyed what could have been a great album (except for the atrocious lyrics to Winner)
by df118junkie
Sun 20 Aug 2017, 9:37 pm
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: Could we get Disco remasters with FL discs?
Replies: 42
Views: 3428

Re: Could we get Disco remasters with FL discs?

A Disco remaster/further listening would be the perfect excuse to add all the tracks that have never seen an official digital release.
by df118junkie
Mon 07 Aug 2017, 3:39 am
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: Reissues project
Replies: 1983
Views: 183486

Re: Reissues project

Interesting story on Geowayne's site regarding Little Black Dress: http://www.geowayne.com/newDesign/otherartists/blackdress.htm Yet another "sample connection" (as revealed in Issue 20 of their fan club publication Literally) is the fact that Neil and Chris originally wrote this song around an exc...
by df118junkie
Fri 04 Aug 2017, 3:43 am
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: Anyone got a spare £11,994?
Replies: 15
Views: 1914

Re: Anyone got a spare £11,994?

PETHEAD72 wrote:
Thu 03 Aug 2017, 10:43 am
df118junkie wrote:
Wed 02 Aug 2017, 1:56 am
Hahaha. I've still got my PSB 1 and PSB 2 plates I had back in the '90s. $25 for each personal plate at the time.
Actual legal ones 118?,or ones you got made yourself?!,lol
Legal
by df118junkie
Wed 02 Aug 2017, 1:56 am
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: Anyone got a spare £11,994?
Replies: 15
Views: 1914

Re: Anyone got a spare £11,994?

Hahaha. I've still got my PSB 1 and PSB 2 plates I had back in the '90s. $25 for each personal plate at the time.
by df118junkie
Wed 05 Jul 2017, 12:58 am
Forum: Collector Discussion
Topic: PSB Autograph Forgeries
Replies: 15
Views: 1489

Re: PSB Autograph Forgeries

It's good enough for a car rental...
by df118junkie
Thu 29 Jun 2017, 4:00 am
Forum: Collector Discussion
Topic: PSB Autograph Forgeries
Replies: 15
Views: 1489

Re: PSB Autograph Forgeries

agent doris wrote:
Wed 28 Jun 2017, 2:24 pm
ArtHist wrote:
Wed 28 Jun 2017, 1:01 pm
Can anyone confirm whether these signatures are legit? Bought at auction- but at a low price- which makes less confident of their legitimacy. Came with a CoA- but again are those really worth the paper they're printed on.ImageImage Image
Look 100% genuine to me
Agreed - 100% legitimate
by df118junkie
Fri 16 Jun 2017, 1:36 pm
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: Pet Shop Boys CD tracks, found only on non-PSB compilations
Replies: 22
Views: 2555

Re: Pet Shop Boys CD tracks, found only on non-PSB compilations

SIN wrote:
Thu 15 Jun 2017, 3:10 pm
Always On My Mind (Phil Harding Remix) also appears on Classic Cuts 37 : CC 037 compilation CD.
This is on the Always on my mind US promo CD...and should therefore be eliminated from this category.
by df118junkie
Wed 14 Jun 2017, 12:54 am
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: Reissues project
Replies: 1983
Views: 183486

Re: Reissues project

Those track-listings look amazing. There are several tracks there that I've never even heard of like Playing In The Streets, Kazak (demo) and Reunion (Electro Mix). Hope they are really coming out in July. Never heard of those either. It will be very interesting to hear them! :up: But... No "You've...
by df118junkie
Mon 29 May 2017, 1:47 pm
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: Reissues project
Replies: 1983
Views: 183486

Re: 2017: "New Batch" of reissued & remastered albums w/ Further Listening albums

Just received this ! So since nobody else seems particularly excited by this...how does the remaster sound? Have you got a 1999 LP to compare it with? Yes - I have an unplayed original (or two). I haven't played the remaster yet. I guess the fact that the product has been pressed and is just awaiti...
by df118junkie
Fri 26 May 2017, 10:07 am
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: Reissues project
Replies: 1983
Views: 183486

Re: 2017: "New Batch" of reissued & remastered albums w/ Further Listening albums

Tom Angel wrote:
Fri 26 May 2017, 9:09 am
When you say just received this - where did you order it from? Ir is it a promo?
Pre-order through Amazon.com in January. It's not a promo.
cron