NYE in NSW for PSB... Come With Me? :-)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
RaciePSB

NYE in NSW for PSB... Come With Me? :-)

#1 Post by RaciePSB »

Hi All!

I am SOOOO excited I can hardly breathe! I have two tickets to the New Years Eve extravaganza to be held on Glebe Island, Sydney, Australia. The Pet Shop Boys will be performing live from 7.30- 9.30. I will find the link to post, though I'm sure you've already heard all about it! Initially I bought 'V.I.P.' tickets for Marquee seating, then realised that although I'd have a spectacular view, with exquisite culinary delights and champagne on tap, I would be far from the stage. So I have changed my tickets to ones that are within the first five rows.. as close to the stage as it is possible to be! What could be better than that? I ask you!

Wow!

Perhaps, for you this is just another concert.. But for me this is a dream come true. Despite being obsessive about the PSB for more than half of my life, I've never managed to get to a concert and see them live. I've come close.. as in had bought tickets to two separate events, only for disaster to strike, then due to an unfortunate series of events, was unable to make it to those concerts! It was the stuff of nightmares, and in fact has induced some terrible bad dreams over the years!

And so here I am, desperately hoping that it's going to be 'third time lucky'. I could not bear to miss this concert! I absolutely can't wait.. am SOOO excited!! My life will be complete when I've danced to 'Always On My Mind' sung live. Oh the Euphoria! :-))))

So yeah.. I have these two tickets. There are people I could take, who might enjoy it very much. But I would sooner go with somebody who *gets* it! Who feels even a little of what I do, about seeing the PSB live.

If there are any interested parties, please get in touch with me as soon as possible and we will sort something out!

PS I make no apologies for the melodrama of this post.. and in fact this is the toned down version!!

I get excited, (and, I hope,) You get excited, toooo!
Rachel
Happily PSB-obsessed since 1986

Corina

Re: NYE in NSW for PSB... Come With Me? :-)

#2 Post by Corina »

Well done, Racie!! And don`t forget to take pictures for us here.
What remains in time
that didn't fade away?

Padster

#3 Post by Padster »

Hi Racie, we forget how lucky we have been in the UK to see and meet the boys.

Hope you have a fantastic night and they do the Austrailian New Year proud!!!

territorygal

#4 Post by territorygal »

Goodonya Racie!

My tale of woe at not being able to attend the show is in 'the other thread'. <sigh>

But I hope you and whoever you're taking have a wonderful time! :)
And everything about tonight feels right and so young
And anything I'd want to say out loud will be sung
It's in the music...

Vince

#5 Post by Vince »

What a way to celebrate NYE :) Have fun!!!
H.A.P.P.I.N.E.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.
S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.

My Poems:
http://wordsunchained.blogspot.com/

nikkib

#6 Post by nikkib »

Racie

I know exactly where you are coming from I am a pom who is emigrating next month and will have to adjust to not many concerts etc, especially in WA.

have a good one if it had been a year later would have joined you but thats not to say we will not meet up when they finally come to their senses and tour Oz!!!

territorygal

#7 Post by territorygal »

Depending on where you're heading to in WA, you might not miss out on the whole 'concert scene'. Lots of acts stop in Perth. Darwin, not so much..
It's in the music...

Deschanel

#8 Post by Deschanel »

Hey Racie, have a blast and tell us about it, okay? Happy Christmas and I *know* you'll be having a lovely New Year! Best to you, xo. :)

Very

#9 Post by Very »

Great news, Racie! I've seen the Pets twice and these were among the best times of my life! :dance:
Madrid / Bucharest 2007

nikkib

#10 Post by nikkib »

territorygal wrote:Depending on where you're heading to in WA, you might not miss out on the whole 'concert scene'. Lots of acts stop in Perth. Darwin, not so much..
Heading to Perth and hope to meet new Petheads!!!

RaciePSB

#11 Post by RaciePSB »

nikkib wrote:Racie

I know exactly where you are coming from I am a pom who is emigrating next month and will have to adjust to not many concerts etc, especially in WA.

have a good one if it had been a year later would have joined you but thats not to say we will not meet up when they finally come to their senses and tour Oz!!!
Hi Nikki! Perth huh? A man? A job? Kids driving you crazy? ..whatever is bringing you, you picked a lovely place! I went there earlier in the year, it's a bit like Brisbane actually. And only a few hours from Bali, Singapore, etc. :-) Anyways, best of luck with the move! We love poms over here. :-)
Rachel

RaciePSB

#12 Post by RaciePSB »

Deschanel wrote:Hey Racie, have a blast and tell us about it, okay? Happy Christmas and I *know* you'll be having a lovely New Year! Best to you, xo. :)
Wow, Sean!! :-D ! How's your precious wee Aoife and her baby brother? Will you be with them at Christmas? And Yeah.. I can confidently say that New Years Eve 2011 will be THE best night of my entire life.. Better than giving birth (sorry kids), better than flying a Qantas 747 into Bangkok airport at sunrise (I'm talking pre-nine/eleven), Better than dancing completely starkers on top of a BBQ table on Bundaberg beach (on the night of my 40th birthday - 'It's a Sin' blaring from speakers of my cruddy old car!) Oh yeah! ..Better than all the Belgian chocolate in the entire world.. better than EVERYTHING! OMG I am SOOOOOO excited! You've no idea. OMG !

xxxRacie :-)
Last edited by RaciePSB on Sat 24 Dec 2011, 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rachel

RaciePSB

#13 Post by RaciePSB »

What the heck happened there?? Erk.. Why is the picture so HUUUUGGE? And how do I get rid of it??? Somebody help me! Bev.. where are you? I have MASSIVE 10 inch wrinkles.. somebody DO something, quick!!

OMG.

Serves me right for going so OT. Sorry guys!
Rachel

territorygal

#14 Post by territorygal »

Cute kiddo! ;)
It's in the music...

No Muscle Mary

#15 Post by No Muscle Mary »

Hope you find someone to go with you Racie. I would except Id already ordered two tickets. Couldn't get a babysitter in Sydney on NYE so a mate is going with me. Hopefully, PSB will convert him :)
Churlicious