PSB to play 2nd date at O2- with Little Boots

For discussion and photos of PSB live performances.
BecciJ

PSB to play 2nd date at O2- with Little Boots

#1 Post by BecciJ »

Obviously they won't be wearing little boots (personally I would hazzard a guess at Chris in trainers and Neil in fancy shoes 8) ) but apparently, PSB will be doing a short set with Little Boots at 'Matter', the club at the O2 venue.

PSB and Little Boots will be headlining the 'SMIRNOFF: U.R. THE NIGHT' event in London, and if previous Smirnoff events are anything to go by (I have some friends who attended a Duran Duran Smirnoff event in Paris last year) then it should be rather good. :D

According to a certain music journalist (and ex-forum member :wink: ), PSB are headlining a "Co-created night" at Matter, which has a capacity 2500, and is at the exhibition bubble of the 02 (outside of the main arena) on Friday July 10. Apparently the place has a vibrating dance floor, which is always a bonus, I would think...!

There is currently an embargo on the news being published in the media for a day or so, but he tells me that PSB will be performing a special set for 30 mins max.

HOT CHIP and TOM MIDDLETON are also lined up to provide DJ sets, so it's all sounding like a very cool night. With regards to a collaboration between PSB and LB, the organisers have said so far, "obviously we are trying to arrange this but ultimately it will be down to the artists and their management".

There's not been any formal response in regards to a collaboration from either camp yet, but when our journo met LB last week at a party last week, she was unsure if anything was going to take place. So I guess it's a case of 'wait and see' for the moment. Fingers crossed, and all that! :wink:

Apparently, it seems like no tickets will be on sale in the traditional manner - instead, tickets can only be obtained via getting involved in creating the night itself, via Facebook groups etc. That sounds like it may create a bit of a buzz/panic (delete as approprite!) when it comes to getting in. I'm not quite sure how this will mean we fair as fans, but hey, lets hope that there's a few giveaways here and there and that we can manage to at least get a few tickets somehow. 8)

Anyhoo, just thought I'd pass the news along....

Ghost within this house

Re: PSB to play 2nd date at O2- with Little Boots

#2 Post by Ghost within this house »

Good old Bummer, eh?

PSB's Hot Chip Tweet now explained.
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

Naughty Zoot

#3 Post by Naughty Zoot »

Goodness, BecciJ .... Sherlock Holmes was never this thorough.

:up:

Hope it all unfolds as posited. Even close would be fine.
I like it here ~~ wherever it is ...

DavePSB

#4 Post by DavePSB »

In The Sun today..

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... 435298.ece

FANCY a free night of partying with THE PET SHOP BOYS?
The Brit-award winning duo are asking offering exclusive access to their Smirnoff: U.R. The Night gig on July 10 to folk who offer their creative input.

Tickets for the event – held at Matter nightclub at the O2 – can only be obtained by submitting original ideas for different aspects of the event from the warm-up boat party to music on the night and cocktail menu.

PSB star NEIL TENNANT said: “We’re looking forward to what should be a really great night with an amazing line-up of electronic music talent.”

Hot new singer LITTLE BOOTS will also be performing on the main stage, while HOT CHIP and cosmic Jedi TOM MIDDLETON will be spinning up a storm on the DJ decks.

For more information, including terms and conditions, on how to get involved, become a fan of Smirnoff: U.R. The Night at www.facebook.com/URthenight and submit your ideas.
Chris: "I don't really like MP3's. It's like having a 1 megapixel digital camera."

Click for PSB | Euphoric (rarely updated now)

maxboyd

#5 Post by maxboyd »

Naughty Zoot wrote:Goodness, BecciJ .... Sherlock Holmes was never this thorough.

Why do people critisize others for including detail in their posts? Not everyone talks in text mail format for those that can only handle 3 word sentences. I'm glad she included all the information she did. She took the time to list the event and other minor details surrounding it and gets slammed. I dont get it.
Se A Vida E
USA Pethead
You don't have to be in Who's Who to know What's What!

Ghost within this house

#6 Post by Ghost within this house »

maxboyd wrote:
Naughty Zoot wrote:Goodness, BecciJ .... Sherlock Holmes was never this thorough.

Why do people critisize others for including detail in their posts? Not everyone talks in text mail format for those that can only handle 3 word sentences. I'm glad she included all the information she did. She took the time to list the event and other minor details surrounding it and gets slammed. I dont get it.
Max, you are a Pet Shop Boys fan, right?

Did the word irony never appear on your radar?
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

Naughty Zoot

#7 Post by Naughty Zoot »

Ummm .. I realize I am frequently flip in my posts but I was being sincere here. This was more or a less a rumor @ the time it was posted - @ least as far as I knew - so I was trying to flatter Becci by complimenting her in depth reporting by comparing her to the renowned sleuth.

Becci - I hope you weren't offended.
Max & Ghost - I didn't mean to mislead you so I'll try to be a little more clear in the future.

Now that DavePSB - thanks! - has posted the Sun article I'm thrilled to see that Becci pretty much nailed it. Thanks again BecciJ !
Last edited by Naughty Zoot on Wed 20 May 2009, 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Firthy2002

#8 Post by Firthy2002 »

Confirmed on O/S.

Have done my part to (hopefully) get tix!
-=Firthy2002=-
------------------
My LJ

BecciJ

#9 Post by BecciJ »

Naughty Zoot wrote:Becci - I hope you weren't offended.
Now that DavePSB - thanks! - has posted the Sun article I'm thrilled to see that all Becci prety much nailed it. Thanks again BecciJ !
Not offended at all! I was just happy to pass along some info that I received from a certain BB which I thought you'd all find interesting. :wink:

Trixiemix

#10 Post by Trixiemix »

I had a go at entering........not that I ever win these things, so my chances are slim.......and none. Anyway good luck to all who enter.
Back to Trafalgar.........

Tom Angel

#11 Post by Tom Angel »

I click on the smirfnoff thing and nothing happens..can anyone help?
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

Kobalt Blew

#12 Post by Kobalt Blew »

You might need to download Flash Player 10 first, it should say this below the dark box if that's the case:

Please download Flash Player 10 to view this page.
previously Parlophoney.

Tom Angel

#13 Post by Tom Angel »

Thanks. I've tried that, but it still doesn't do anything. And I'm with trixie, I never seem to win these tihngs either, But it looks GREAT, another barfly type affair I reckon
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

maxboyd

#14 Post by maxboyd »

Naughty Zoot wrote:Ummm .. I realize I am frequently flip in my posts but I was being sincere here. This was more or a less a rumor @ the time it was posted - @ least as far as I knew - so I was trying to flatter Becci by complimenting her in depth reporting by comparing her to the renowned sleuth.

Becci - I hope you weren't offended.
Max & Ghost - I didn't mean to mislead you so I'll try to be a little more clear in the future.

Now that DavePSB - thanks! - has posted the Sun article I'm thrilled to see that all Becci prety much nailed it. Thanks again BecciJ !
No problem here either. I mistook your meaning which is easy to do sometimes in the context of blog comments.
Se A Vida E
USA Pethead
You don't have to be in Who's Who to know What's What!

Naughty Zoot

#15 Post by Naughty Zoot »

maxboyd wrote: No problem here either. I mistook your meaning which is easy to do sometimes in the context of blog comments.
Thanks, Max. I understand & no hard feelings on this end either.