Buying Yes Etc - Limited - in Canada

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Artistica

Buying Yes Etc - Limited - in Canada

#1 Post by Artistica » Thu 09 Apr 2009, 12:00 am

Still trying to get my hands on Yes Etc here in Canada (Toronto) - it seems like ebay from $25 + shipping seems to be the best option, even though it seems a bit much.

The HMV Flagstore states that they were supposed to receive it this Tuesday (April 8 ) the latest, but now they are saying that the shipment has been delayed with no estimated date. The album (2CD Limited) shows in their systems at $19.99.

And THIS I would say is a bit much:

http://www.amazon.ca/Yes-Pet-Shop-Boys/ ... 241&sr=8-5

$65.99 AND "Temporary Out of Stock".

Did anyone have better luck than me?

Minimalizm

Re: Buying Yes Etc - Limited - in Canada

#2 Post by Minimalizm » Thu 09 Apr 2009, 12:03 am

Why don't you try Amazon uk?

D.J.

#3 Post by D.J. » Thu 09 Apr 2009, 1:16 am

You can order it from CDWOW.com. I got all my copies there. It's 10.99 pounds with free shipping anywhere. It takes 7-10 days to receive the CD. They have sales all the time. Then it drops to 9.99 pounds. That's when I bought mine :D

Bruno Republic

#4 Post by Bruno Republic » Thu 09 Apr 2009, 5:48 am

Artistica wrote:Still trying to get my hands on Yes Etc here in Canada (Toronto) - it seems like ebay from $25 + shipping seems to be the best option, even though it seems a bit much.

The HMV Flagstore states that they were supposed to receive it this Tuesday (April 8 ) the latest, but now they are saying that the shipment has been delayed with no estimated date. The album (2CD Limited) shows in their systems at $19.99.

And THIS I would say is a bit much:

http://www.amazon.ca/Yes-Pet-Shop-Boys/ ... 241&sr=8-5

$65.99 AND "Temporary Out of Stock".

Did anyone have better luck than me?
That link is for the Japanese edition, so no wonder it's so expensive.

Amazon lists the double disc version with a release date of April 15 for only $15.99 here:

http://www.amazon.ca/Yes-Coll-Ltd-Shop- ... 382&sr=1-1

Artistica

#5 Post by Artistica » Thu 09 Apr 2009, 3:26 pm

Minimalizm wrote:Why don't you try Amazon uk?
Unfortunately I did - ended up losing money with currency conversion and credit card interest and never received my item:

http://www.petshopboys-forum.com/viewto ... =1&t=20784

Artistica

#6 Post by Artistica » Thu 09 Apr 2009, 3:28 pm

To D.J and Bruno Republic: Thanks for the links! I will check them out this evening and see how far I get :D

German PSB

#7 Post by German PSB » Thu 09 Apr 2009, 3:54 pm

Bruno Republic wrote: Amazon lists the double disc version with a release date of April 15 for only $15.99 here:

I also orderes the canadian 2-CD Edition.
Why don't you go with that?
It's released 15/04, plus it's a really good price.

Bruno Republic

#8 Post by Bruno Republic » Thu 09 Apr 2009, 5:15 pm

German PSB wrote: I also orderes the canadian 2-CD Edition.
Plus it's probably the UK or EU edition anyway... for less than what it sells for over there. :)

Rorie

#9 Post by Rorie » Fri 10 Apr 2009, 9:40 am

It is the UK Edition being brought over here by EMI Canada, most likely with an EMI Canada sticker put on it.

weirdalfan1980

#10 Post by weirdalfan1980 » Fri 10 Apr 2009, 4:47 pm

Artistica, did you list your address/ postal code correctly when you ordered from AMAZON.CO.UK? I think you didnt and they sent it back for that reason. I never had a problem and got my Yes/ect for 26$ canadian, I live in Midland, 2 hours north of you.
Yo, Mr. Dopeman, you think your slick;
Ya sold crack to my sister, and now she's sick.
But if she happens to die, because of your drug;
Im puttin' in your culo, a .38 slug!

Artistica

#11 Post by Artistica » Sat 11 Apr 2009, 5:55 pm

weirdalfan1980 wrote:Artistica, did you list your address/ postal code correctly when you ordered from AMAZON.CO.UK? I think you didnt and they sent it back for that reason. I never had a problem and got my Yes/ect for 26$ canadian, I live in Midland, 2 hours north of you.
Sorry if I find your reply a bit upsetting, because if you read my post carefully (I opened a special thread on Amazon.co.uk) I pointed out that I DOUBLE-CHECKED that my address including postal code and everything required was entered correctly.

In fact, I have been successful in ordering and receiving items from Amazon.co.uk in the past - to the very same address. I have been at home 24/7 and could not have missed the mail delivery guy either.

What I am thinking is this: They did not have enough of the YES ETC CDs and had to re-call some due to the misprinted booklet. Since I've heard from others who ran into the same snag with those crooks from Amazon.co.uk I do believe they messed up big time, and that is just BAD BUSINESS.
Do not TOUCH my credit card unless you have the product ready to ship.

Artistica

#12 Post by Artistica » Sat 11 Apr 2009, 5:59 pm

German PSB wrote:
Bruno Republic wrote: Amazon lists the double disc version with a release date of April 15 for only $15.99 here:

I also orderes the canadian 2-CD Edition.
They seem to have pushed their estimated release date from the 15th to the 14th, which makes sense seeing Tuesday being a new release day in Canada... what I think I will do is phone HMV on Tuesday morning, and if they don't have it, check if Amazon.CA indeed has it in stock, and if yes possibly get it from them... seems cheaper than CDWOW.

What however pains me the most is that now I will never have a chance in hell of getting a copy with the misprinted booklet (I love weird rarities). :(
Unless if someone has an extra copy, I am willing to paypal them...

weirdalfan1980

#13 Post by weirdalfan1980 » Sun 12 Apr 2009, 2:59 pm

Artistica wrote:
weirdalfan1980 wrote:Artistica, did you list your address/ postal code correctly when you ordered from AMAZON.CO.UK? I think you didnt and they sent it back for that reason. I never had a problem and got my Yes/ect for 26$ canadian, I live in Midland, 2 hours north of you.
Sorry if I find your reply a bit upsetting, because if you read my post carefully (I opened a special thread on Amazon.co.uk) I pointed out that I DOUBLE-CHECKED that my address including postal code and everything required was entered correctly.

In fact, I have been successful in ordering and receiving items from Amazon.co.uk in the past - to the very same address. I have been at home 24/7 and could not have missed the mail delivery guy either.

What I am thinking is this: They did not have enough of the YES ETC CDs and had to re-call some due to the misprinted booklet. Since I've heard from others who ran into the same snag with those crooks from Amazon.co.uk I do believe they messed up big time, and that is just BAD BUSINESS.
Do not TOUCH my credit card unless you have the product ready to ship.

Thats really funny you ordered yours on February 28th, me March 2nd, I got mine suucessfully, so amazon there had bad business there. Why dun you try Amazon.co.uk, third party? Thats how im getting Dusty Springfield last album before she died/

weirdalfan1980

#14 Post by weirdalfan1980 » Sun 12 Apr 2009, 3:02 pm

Artistica, try shop here, you will have better sucess

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... 879&sr=8-1

EricMontreal22

#15 Post by EricMontreal22 » Tue 14 Apr 2009, 10:22 am

OK I've had my copy pre ordered from amazon.ca for ages but now it has no release date... anyone know what's up :(