Disco 4 OS news & tracklisting & NO Integral single

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
davenjulieuk

Disco 4 OS news & tracklisting & NO Integral single

#1 Post by davenjulieuk »

Taken from OS...

Disco 4 Tracklisting

1. The Killers: Read My Mind (PSB Stars Are Blazing mix)
2. David Bowie with Pet Shop Boys: Hallo Spaceboy (PSB Extended mix)
3. Pet Shop Boys: Integral (PSB Perfect Immaculate mix)
4. Yoko Ono: Walking On Thin Ice (PSB Electro mix)
5. Madonna: Sorry (PSB Maxi-mix)
6. Atomizer: Hooked On Radiation (PSB Orange Alert mix)
7. Rammstein: Mein Teil (PSB There Are No Guitars On This mix)
8. Pet Shop Boys: I'm with Stupid (PSB Maxi-mix)

Pet Shop Boys are preparing the Parlophone release of the latest in their series of "Disco" remix albums. Chris and Neil were keen to collect on one album some of their remixes of other artists and their own recent remixes of PSB tracks. Accordingly, Disco 4 will include Pet Shop Boys' extended dance mixes of The Killers, Madonna, Yoko Ono, Rammstein, Atomizer and David Bowie, as well as a new extended mix of "Integral" and their maxi-mix of "I'm with Stupid". The album will be released on CD but not on digital download sites as digital release rights were not available from the artists concerned. Provisional release date is September 24th but this may change. Disco 4 follows on from Disco (1986), Disco 2 (1994) and Disco 3 (2003).

Pet Shop Boys would like to thank The Killers, Madonna, David Bowie, Yoko Ono, Rammstein and Atomizer for allowing their songs to appear on this album.

Reports of "Integral" being released as a single are inaccurate, although promo copies of Pet Shop Boys' "Perfect Immaculate mix" will be made available to club DJs and selected radio DJs.

What a letdown : ( :( :( :(
Miracles happen when you're around...

E-Mail Vampire

#2 Post by E-Mail Vampire »

Am not sodding buying it. No new tracks and no single what is the point of filming a video?

davenjulieuk

#3 Post by davenjulieuk »

would have been better including the mix of "Girls & Boys" the Kiki stuff :( and ONE new track might have been nice !!!

E-Mail Vampire

#4 Post by E-Mail Vampire »

Why not just Integral digital download only single with Dirty Tricks, Fugitive (7" Mix), China and two Integral mixes? Jesus what a shambles.

!

#5 Post by ! »

viewtopic.php?t=17163

I'm quite happy with it. Would have liked some new songs of course and change the electro mix and TANGOT mix of WOTI and Mein Teil for the extended dance mix and YAWYE mix.

E-Mail Vampire

#6 Post by E-Mail Vampire »

8 Tracks is a lame waste!

patrick

#7 Post by patrick »

Vomit.

davenjulieuk

#8 Post by davenjulieuk »

sorry i am soooo mad about this !!!! :evil:

So one new remix and we are expected to pay £12 for this !!!! :( :( :(

Whats the pont in paying out for the Yoko Ono, Rammstein and Atomizer Cd singles !!!

Cant believe the boys have done this....

!

#9 Post by ! »

Well, it saves me making a PSB remix collection anyway...

!

#10 Post by ! »

davenjulieuk wrote:So one new remix and we are expected to pay £12 for this !!!! :( :( :(
I seriously doubt it would cost £12. Normal albums don't cost that much anymore nevermind an 8-track remix collection.

DJ Pat

#11 Post by DJ Pat »

I posted that first!

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:12 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I owe everyone drinks, do I not?

I was convinced it was a hoax, and now...

Pet Shop Boys are preparing the Parlophone release of the latest in their series of "Disco" remix albums. Whereas previous albums in the series have mainly included remixes of PSB tracks by other artists and DJs, Chris and Neil were keen to collect on one album some of their remixes of other artists and their own recent remixes of PSB tracks. Accordingly, Disco 4 will include Pet Shop Boys' extended dance mixes of The Killers, Madonna, Yoko Ono, Rammstein, Atomizer and David Bowie, as well as a new extended mix of "Integral" and their maxi-mix of "I'm with Stupid". The album will be released on CD but not on digital download sites as digital release rights were not available from the artists concerned. Provisional release date is September 24th but this may change. Disco 4 follows on from Disco (1986), Disco 2 (1994) and Disco 3 (2003).

The full track-listing is as follows:
1. The Killers: Read My Mind (PSB Stars Are Blazing mix)
2. David Bowie with Pet Shop Boys: Hallo Spaceboy (PSB Extended mix)
3. Pet Shop Boys: Integral (PSB Perfect Immaculate mix)
4. Yoko Ono: Walking On Thin Ice (PSB Electro mix)
5. Madonna: Sorry (PSB Maxi-mix)
6. Atomizer: Hooked On Radiation (PSB Orange Alert mix)
7. Rammstein: Mein Teil (PSB There Are No Guitars On This mix)
8. Pet Shop Boys: I'm with Stupid (PSB Maxi-mix)

Pet Shop Boys would like to thank The Killers, Madonna, David Bowie, Yoko Ono, Rammstein and Atomizer for allowing their songs to appear on this album.

Reports of "Integral" being released as a single are inaccurate, although promo copies of Pet Shop Boys' "Perfect Immaculate mix" will be made available to club DJs and selected radio DJs. A politically-inspired video for the track is currently being edited and will be on You Tube and this site as soon as it is finished. The song was originally written as a protest against the proposed introduction of ID cards in the UK and the gradual erosion of personal freedom taking place in the current political climate; the video reflects this.

Last edited by DJ Pat on Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

le petit corbusier

#12 Post by le petit corbusier »

Heh. Now is when everybody goes mad. I'm quite happy with this, though, as I said on a previous thread, I miss Girls and Boys. Anyway it's a good collection, I think.

PS: I wouldn't complain for it just being an 8 track cd.The original Disco only had 6 and at least there isn't any Superchumbo crap in this release!
Last edited by le petit corbusier on Mon 06 Aug 2007, 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look left, then right
And run for your life

PopArt

#13 Post by PopArt »

It would have been better if it had included every remix they had ever done for another artist. Just including the recent ones (and only 8 tracks at that) is rather lame.

Then to have no Integral single is just gutting. It means we get nothing new. It would have made a great single, it really would.

The whole thing feels a little pointless.

Oh well, onwards and upwards. I guess we have a ballet to look forward to next year...!!!
I'm always waiting...

E-Mail Vampire

#14 Post by E-Mail Vampire »

Petition anyone?

8 tracks for whatever album is crap regardless! There is no value for money as will be about a tenner. If it had some new tracks (only 2) or Integral single for promo maybe but as it stands it is naff!

Eldritch

#15 Post by Eldritch »

How tragic.
Click click drone