US PopArt

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
FreshDebesh

US PopArt

#1 Post by FreshDebesh » Tue 03 Oct 2006, 5:27 pm

I remember reading a while back that the US release of PopArt would have the 7 inch mixes for Heart and I wouldn't normally do this kind of thing. So anyways, to my surprise today, I went to the Virgin Megastore in Union Square in NYC and found the US PopArt for 17 bucks on sale. Sure enough, I'm listening to it now, and they fixed the mixes! Finally, I have a studio remaster of the Heart 7 inch!

landwijn

#2 Post by landwijn » Tue 03 Oct 2006, 5:28 pm

I just was searching the forum if anyone had mentioned this already...so thank you for reading my mind :-)
Don't dream of life ; Live your dream!

dVTB

#3 Post by dVTB » Tue 03 Oct 2006, 5:39 pm

Wow, great to hear!

VinnyM27

Re: US PopArt

#4 Post by VinnyM27 » Tue 03 Oct 2006, 9:42 pm

FreshDebesh wrote:I remember reading a while back that the US release of PopArt would have the 7 inch mixes for Heart and I wouldn't normally do this kind of thing. So anyways, to my surprise today, I went to the Virgin Megastore in Union Square in NYC and found the US PopArt for 17 bucks on sale. Sure enough, I'm listening to it now, and they fixed the mixes! Finally, I have a studio remaster of the Heart 7 inch!
That's interesting. I didn't think they would change a single thing. So, was it worth it? Honestly, I can't buy anymore double copies of CDs anymore! I have three editions of "Fundamental"!

FreshDebesh

#5 Post by FreshDebesh » Tue 03 Oct 2006, 10:34 pm

VinnyM27 wrote:
FreshDebesh wrote:I remember reading a while back that the US release of PopArt would have the 7 inch mixes for Heart and I wouldn't normally do this kind of thing. So anyways, to my surprise today, I went to the Virgin Megastore in Union Square in NYC and found the US PopArt for 17 bucks on sale. Sure enough, I'm listening to it now, and they fixed the mixes! Finally, I have a studio remaster of the Heart 7 inch!
That's interesting. I didn't think they would change a single thing. So, was it worth it? Honestly, I can't buy anymore double copies of CDs anymore! I have three editions of "Fundamental"!
It was worth it for me. Heart is one of my favorite songs and to have a studio remaster of the single mix is worth it. I think it fits better with the other single mixes as well. If you don't really care for the fixed mixes, then its not worth it at all.

boozik

#6 Post by boozik » Wed 04 Oct 2006, 8:48 am

can someone post the right link to this item on Amazon? Thay have many POPART listings, and I don't know which one is the current US release. Thanks! :D
Thank you for choosing boozik.

herts101

#7 Post by herts101 » Wed 04 Oct 2006, 8:51 am

Is this the one to buy from Amazon?

The release date is 2006 but the description still refers to it being an import??

Is there no 3CD edition in the US - can't remember what the plans were around this.

- Sorry boozik, you got in just ahead of me :)

Darkmoon

#8 Post by Darkmoon » Wed 04 Oct 2006, 11:41 am

Is the version of Heart different on Discography?

dVTB

#9 Post by dVTB » Wed 04 Oct 2006, 12:15 pm

I think FreshDebesh meant to say that the version of Heart on the US PopArt is the same as the one on Discography, only remastered, just like all other old singles were remastered for PopArt.

landwijn

#10 Post by landwijn » Wed 04 Oct 2006, 2:00 pm

pjhewlett wrote:Is this the one to buy from Amazon?

The release date is 2006 but the description still refers to it being an import??

Is there no 3CD edition in the US - can't remember what the plans were around this.

- Sorry boozik, you got in just ahead of me :)
That's the one I ordered because of the Capitol label..I assume it is the right one
Don't dream of life ; Live your dream!

gomorrah

#11 Post by gomorrah » Wed 04 Oct 2006, 2:19 pm

this is great to hear! thanks, Debesh. :)
I wooooooooooooooood if I cooooooood...

lucienchardon

#12 Post by lucienchardon » Wed 04 Oct 2006, 6:43 pm

Thanks for the tip. I also got mine at Virgin for $17 which is a pretty good deal. I like the sticker that comes on the outside and it's also interesting that there is a pic/description of Fundamental in the inlay.

TheGardner

#13 Post by TheGardner » Wed 04 Oct 2006, 7:03 pm

Debesh,

could you tell us exactly, which versions are on the discs?

- exact tracktimes
- exact track order
- exact catalogue numbers

Please!
PSB news on WhatsApp?
Just send Hello! I Want To Join The Party.

TheGardner

#14 Post by TheGardner » Wed 04 Oct 2006, 10:23 pm

just heard:

Flamboyant and Normally (7inch mixes) also different to the European release!!!
PSB news on WhatsApp?
Just send Hello! I Want To Join The Party.

FreshDebesh

#15 Post by FreshDebesh » Thu 05 Oct 2006, 12:41 am

I haven't checked the second cd but I was thinking that Flamboyant might be a different version. Thanks for backing me up on that clarification dVTB. I just call the Discography version of Heart the 7 inch mix as thats where it originally appeared in 1988. Steffen, I'll see if I can get that info to you soon.