Robbie Williams new album info

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
shaunh7

Robbie Williams new album info

#1 Post by shaunh7 »

I've got this of another forum...
The new album.

Title: 1974;
Out: Sept 18th, 2006;

First Single: Rudebox, on the radio from August 2006;
Rudebox

Listen a preview of Rudebox on Pete Tong's show on BBC Radio One: you have to click on "Listen Live" then go to the minute 18 of the show.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/petetong/in ... l?focuswin

The Album includs the following tracks:
Rudebox
Lovelight
The Actor
The 80's
The 90's

Collaboration with:
The Pet Shop Boys
Stephen Duffy
Manu Chou
William Orbit
and Mark Ronson

!

Re: Robbie Williams new album info

#2 Post by ! »

shaunh7 wrote:The Pet Shop Boys
William Orbit
This might be the first Robbie Williams album I get!

That "Rudebox" track is a bit shit though, if it's the RW one of course.

gareth

#3 Post by gareth »

Sounds good - looking forward to this one
Furious angels will bring you back to me

drunk14

#4 Post by drunk14 »

Only five tracks???
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

E-Mail Vampire

#5 Post by E-Mail Vampire »

Where is the cover version that Neil said about?

Lleonard Pler

#6 Post by Lleonard Pler »

I guess that "the album includes the following tracks" is not the same as "the album only includes 5 tracks", is it?

It could be an interesting album. I might get it, I'm sure that the RW & PSB collaborations will sound great. I hope there are least 3 or 4 tracks done with the PSB.

I'd say that either 'The Actor' and 'Lovelight' (or maybe both) are produced by the PSB.

The Rudebox in the BBC stream is a Dub. It has some CASIO sounds. I like the few vocal moments.

BlueSwan

#7 Post by BlueSwan »

"Rudebox" is rather interesting, but could this really be the actual single version? Hardly any RW vocals on it. Well, it's gonna be interesting.
http://www.soundcloud.com/blueswan (Blue Swan tracks, my solo tracks and remixes)

http://soundcloud.com/groups/inspired-by-pet-shop-boys (A collection of various artists PSB covers, PSB remixes and original songs inspired by PSB - anyone interested can contribute tracks)

Burj

#8 Post by Burj »

the only vocals you hear of RW is the lyrics to another track by a black act in the 80s but I can't remember who

UPDATE

I think it was Boops! by Sly & Robbie, who were Grace Jones's session guys.
Last edited by Burj on Thu 29 Jun 2006, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lleonard Pler

#9 Post by Lleonard Pler »

Note the "Dub" attached to the title in the radio stream. It's not meant to be the radio version of the track. Madonna also released a Dub of her 'Hung up' before releasing the proper song.

TeCHno PoP

#10 Post by TeCHno PoP »

Is it an Official info? Cos Robbie's latest album is not so old, and the official site don't say anything about this mini album or EP. It's sound like a fake rumour.

!

#11 Post by ! »

TeCHno PoP wrote:Is it an Official info? Cos Robbie's latest album is not so old, and the official site don't say anything about this mini album or EP. It's sound like a fake rumour.
It's not a mini album/EP, they're just some of the tracks that might be on the album. He's done 2 tracks with Pet Shop Boys, a cover and a brand new one, from what I can gather.

E-Mail Vampire

#12 Post by E-Mail Vampire »

The thing that confuses me is that Ghost/A Place To Crash is done for an August release and they are both from Intensive Care and not this new dance album

TeCHno PoP

#13 Post by TeCHno PoP »

E-Mail Vampire wrote:The thing that confuses me is that Ghost/A Place To Crash is done for an August release and they are both from Intensive Care and not this new dance album
Ghost/A Place To Crash will be the new single? Is it a double A side, or they both will be released on separate singles?
I'm happy for Ghosts, but A Place... is a very weak song.

TeCHno PoP

#14 Post by TeCHno PoP »

! wrote:
TeCHno PoP wrote:Is it an Official info? Cos Robbie's latest album is not so old, and the official site don't say anything about this mini album or EP. It's sound like a fake rumour.
It's not a mini album/EP, they're just some of the tracks that might be on the album. He's done 2 tracks with Pet Shop Boys, a cover and a brand new one, from what I can gather.
If it has only 5 tracks, it's an EP.

joncool5

#15 Post by joncool5 »

TeCHno PoP wrote:
! wrote:
If it has only 5 tracks, it's an EP.
It doesn't have 5 tracks!!!!!!!
"In the North-west it rains and it rains. And yet we managed to produce the industrial revolution, trade union movement, the Communist Manifesto and even the goddam computer. Down south, where the sun never sets, you took all our money and what did you produce? Chas and f**king Dave." TONY WILSON