PSB Vinyl: A Question

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
canveyboy

PSB Vinyl: A Question

#1 Post by canveyboy »

Hi guys,

I’m thinking of re-purchasing PSB albums on vinyl, having recently got back into vinyl. My vinyl LP’s were in the loft and are slightly cold damaged / water stained :( but just wanted to know if anybody can answer, do the current pressings of PSB albums come with their original inner picture sleeves? i.e does Introspective come with the yellow inner sleeve, does Actually come with the inner sleeve with Neil and Chris sitting in a dark room with broken wall etc? Or are they just plain white inner bags?

Thanks
Its taken me all of my life to find you

oakey

Re: PSB Vinyl: A Question

#2 Post by oakey »

The ones I have come with HQ glossy full colour inner sleeves, not sure whether they’re exactly the same as the originals as I only purchased the ones I did not have on vinyl (Bilingual, Nightlife, Release and Fundamental).

Tom Angel

#3 Post by Tom Angel »

I'll double check as I bought all the vinyl reissues, but as far as i can recall they are all as they were originally.

Please and Actually certainly are.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

oakey

#4 Post by oakey »

Fundamental does have a typo though on the inner sleeve, the I is missing (just says NTEGRAL), probably not the case on the original sleeve

canveyboy

#5 Post by canveyboy »

Thanks for your reply’s everyone! I feel more confident in ordering now. Just got to decide what to purchase first! Thanks for your help ;)

Cheers
Steve
Its taken me all of my life to find you

Pod

#6 Post by Pod »

Behaviour hasn’t got the classy red inner lining and release is not the original white vinyl, but otherwise they are decent.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

coufy

#7 Post by coufy »

I think, in case of Release, it was called a marble vinyl.
Pod wrote: Wed 17 Feb 2021, 11:57 pm Behaviour hasn’t got the classy red inner lining and release is not the original white vinyl, but otherwise they are decent.
Pet Shop Boys Technology
www.pet-shop-boys.eu

Harry

#8 Post by Harry »

Pod wrote: Wed 17 Feb 2021, 11:57 pm Behaviour hasn’t got the classy red inner lining and release is not the original white vinyl, but otherwise they are decent.
These Catalogue rereleases were handled very carefully by Farrow and are pretty faithful recreations of the original vinyl releases. Behaviour does have a lovely deep red inner sleeve.

Apart from ‘Ntegral’, which is only on the inner sleeve track listing, Release being black vinyl, some text referring to the remastering and some company logo changes they are faithful recreations.

They even went to the trouble of designing the hype stickers on the outside of the shrink wrap with an overarching PET SHOP BOYS CATALOGUE in the rerelease campaign’s Helvetica font, then for example ‘Pet Shop Boys Behaviour’ in the right font for the artwork. Deeply pleasing.
Heaven is possible,
AFTER ALL.

Harry

#9 Post by Harry »

canveyboy wrote: Wed 17 Feb 2021, 5:21 pm do the current pressings of PSB albums come with their original inner picture sleeves? i.e does Introspective come with the yellow inner sleeve, does Actually come with the inner sleeve with Neil and Chris sitting in a dark room with broken wall etc?
I wrote a long post but the short answer is yes, they all have their original inner sleeves with original artwork, a lot of it nicely remastered.

You can see Farrow preparing the artwork for the LPs on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BccZZlWDEIx ... faj130na2r
Heaven is possible,
AFTER ALL.

popfreak

#10 Post by popfreak »

My remaster has the red inner sleeve

Pod

#11 Post by Pod »

popfreak wrote: Thu 18 Feb 2021, 12:47 pm
My remaster has the red inner sleeve
It’s not the inner sleeve I’m talking about, it’s the inner lining of the outer sleeve. The original was red, the reissue is not.

Pod

#12 Post by Pod »

Harry wrote: Thu 18 Feb 2021, 11:44 am
Behaviour does have a lovely deep red inner sleeve.
It’s not the inner sleeve I’m talking about, it’s the inner lining of the outer sleeve. The original was red, the reissue is not.