PSB - Vaccination

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
londonnoise

Re: PSB - Vaccination

#31 Post by londonnoise »

I was lucky enough to work in the United Arab Emirates about 25 years ago.
To even get entry at that time for more than a few days I had to have a series of inoculations including one particularly painful one ... ahem "À l’arrière" (excuse my French).
I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect countries to try and protect themselves and their citizens until this situation gets a lot better (and I believe it will).

Spittingcat

#32 Post by Spittingcat »

Thanks for the link Patrick. I know what the EU vaccine roll out is. We would have gone our own way with vaccinations even if still a member, like we so often did, as members. Other countries could have as well. Hungary belatedly has. Germany pumped funds into vaccine production, hence the Pfizer vaccine (first and still best of class) that so many of us Brits have received. Should they have gone it alone rather than use joint procurement? Well, I’d argue yes, but with so many other countries sharing land borders with it, ensuring all the countries in the region receive the vaccine together makes some sense I suppose, even if it delays German citizens being vaccinated. Not the call I’d have made, but that’s down to the German government, it was their choice to opt into the EU scheme.

Patrick Bateman

#33 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Spittingcat wrote: Tue 16 Feb 2021, 12:02 am Thanks for the link Patrick. I know what the EU vaccine roll out is. We would have gone our own way with vaccinations even if still a member, like we so often did, as members. Other countries could have as well. Hungary belatedly has. Germany pumped funds into vaccine production, hence the Pfizer vaccine (first and still best of class) that so many of us Brits have received. Should they have gone it alone rather than use joint procurement? Well, I’d argue yes, but with so many other countries sharing land borders with it, ensuring all the countries in the region receive the vaccine together makes some sense I suppose, even if it delays German citizens being vaccinated. Not the call I’d have made, but that’s down to the German government, it was their choice to opt into the EU scheme.
Not very impressive that, when faced with the greatest challenge in its history, the EU is performing significantly worse than a corrupt, incompetent national government. I wonder if Neil has discussed this with Femi. :think:

Spittingcat

#34 Post by Spittingcat »

And, I repeat, just as with the Euro, and Schengen, and countless other EU initiatives we have sidestepped over the years, we didn’t need Brexit to do our own thing as regards any aspect of healthcare or public health, including vaccine rollout.

NotInvisible

#35 Post by NotInvisible »

Patrick Bateman wrote: Tue 16 Feb 2021, 6:40 pmNot very impressive that, when faced with the greatest challenge in its history, the EU is performing significantly worse than a corrupt, incompetent national government.
I don't think anyone who isn't New Zealand should be casting stones here - especially the morons who thought Brexit was a bright idea.

cupoftea

#36 Post by cupoftea »

I don't think anyone who isn't New Zealand should be casting stones here - especially the morons who thought Brexit was a bright idea. :wall:

Lol Brexit is an amazing idea, and thank goodness we have left, anyone wanting to remain were the morons.

Patrick Bateman

#37 Post by Patrick Bateman »

NotInvisible wrote: Wed 17 Feb 2021, 1:31 pmI don't think anyone who isn't New Zealand should be casting stones here - especially the morons who thought Brexit was a bright idea.
Please explain why the EU has failed the greatest challenge in its history then.

boyjohn

#38 Post by boyjohn »

Patrick Bateman wrote: Wed 17 Feb 2021, 10:10 pm
NotInvisible wrote: Wed 17 Feb 2021, 1:31 pmI don't think anyone who isn't New Zealand should be casting stones here - especially the morons who thought Brexit was a bright idea.
Please explain why the EU has failed the greatest challenge in its history then.
It's great that the UK is doing well, but using that as a tool for EU bashing is pretty low, even for you.

Plus the UK ranks 5th in the world for total deaths per capita during the pandemic. They didn't exactly have a world class response to this thing.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

Pod

#39 Post by Pod »

I don’t think there are many countries going to come out of this pandemic with much credit to be honest.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

londonnoise

#40 Post by londonnoise »

Because Mark Zuckerberg knows everything there is to know, huh? :wall:

Axonthenet

#41 Post by Axonthenet »

I’ve been lucky last year when in march I had the Sars-Cov-2. We knew almost nothing about it, I was Vertical scared when my mother was hospitalized with pneumonia and I was at home alone fearing that we could get worse... it was a nightmare.

I am a photographer but I still collaborate with a local retirement home for some side projects.
When they asked me if I wanted to receive the Pfeizer vaccine, i was a bit afraid. I think it’s normal, it’s new, but I think you have to trust in science and medicine. So I had my second shot three days ago and everything went well.

Here in Italy we have a lot of people declaring they don’t want to be vaccinated because there have been not enough experimentation... they write things like “I prefer to die of natural causes instead of this sh*t they want to inject”. So I think here a lot of time has to pass before we can see a glimmer of normality, hoping the vaccine will do its work against the virus and its new variants.
-------------------------------------------------
Axonthenet official blog
http://axonthenet.splinder.com

psbfannyc

#42 Post by psbfannyc »

Axonthenet wrote: Fri 19 Feb 2021, 2:43 pm I’ve been lucky last year when in march I had the Sars-Cov-2. We knew almost nothing about it, I was Vertical scared when my mother was hospitalized with pneumonia and I was at home alone fearing that we could get worse... it was a nightmare.

I am a photographer but I still collaborate with a local retirement home for some side projects.
When they asked me if I wanted to receive the Pfeizer vaccine, i was a bit afraid. I think it’s normal, it’s new, but I think you have to trust in science and medicine. So I had my second shot three days ago and everything went well.

Here in Italy we have a lot of people declaring they don’t want to be vaccinated because there have been not enough experimentation... they write things like “I prefer to die of natural causes instead of this sh*t they want to inject”. So I think here a lot of time has to pass before we can see a glimmer of normality, hoping the vaccine will do its work against the virus and its new variants.
Nice to see you Axonthenet after all this time. Welcome back. Peace.

Future Lover

#43 Post by Future Lover »

I live in a country where 10% of the population was vaccinated already, and a vaccine with a shit ton of side-effects would've been public knowledge by now. They seem to be perfectly safe, and I hope mine will happen soon enough.

Axonthenet

#44 Post by Axonthenet »

psbfannyc wrote: Fri 19 Feb 2021, 4:05 pm Nice to see you Axonthenet after all this time. Welcome back. Peace.
Thank you!
I’ve never gone away, actually. I read the forum almost everyday, I just haven’t nothing interesting to say 😜
-------------------------------------------------
Axonthenet official blog
http://axonthenet.splinder.com