DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour 2022, 2023 & now 2024

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
psbfannyc

Re: DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour RESCHEDULED until 2022

#76 Post by psbfannyc »

While I really want to go out dancing again and want to be back to seeing concerts every week...and who knows what will happen this year with this crazy pandemic...I'm happy they moved it to 2022. I hope I will be in a position to be able to see them somewhere...

hotspotnot

Re: DREAMWORLD Greatest Hits Tour RESCHEDULED until 2021

#77 Post by hotspotnot »

Synthrobot wrote: Wed 03 Feb 2021, 11:22 am
Drico One wrote: Wed 03 Feb 2021, 10:53 am Given the advancing years of the fanbase, many who bought tickets last year will be dead by then - pandemic or not.

Or may simply have forgotten.

Drico.
:lol: On a serious note, I think now is the time for them to start thinking about some kind of live stream. A performance of their/our favourite b-sides, the sort of thing that would be commercially unsuccessful, but we as fans would love.

And what a way to compliment the greatest hits tour as these are the songs that were on the 'other side'.
They'll need to do something to boost ticket sales for the eventual tour. I imagine plenty of people went for the refund option after the first postponement and more will follow this time.

An online show would be great, but I'd actually just prefer a new album. Some new music in the summer or autumn, followed by a new album in early 2022.

psbfannyc

#78 Post by psbfannyc »

Also, I'm sure the New Order collaboration tour in the USA will now get rescheduled to 2022. So...I'm sure they are working on a new album now. I guess we will find out in the upcoming Annually!

TwizzleUK

#79 Post by TwizzleUK »

Synthrobot wrote: Wed 03 Feb 2021, 11:22 am :lol: On a serious note, I think now is the time for them to start thinking about some kind of live stream. A performance of their/our favourite b-sides, the sort of thing that would be commercially unsuccessful, but we as fans would love.

And what a way to compliment the greatest hits tour as these are the songs that were on the 'other side'.
I think this is a lovely idea: a "Besides" online tour. Who knows if it's the sort of thing they'd want to spend time on right now, but would be great if they could plan a small number of streamed performances of B-sides and deeper album cuts. Perhaps they could program arrangements themselves (as with the lockdown 'West End Girls'). Could be refreshing to have more minimal arrangements (like the Barfly gig) as an antidote to the no-doubt bombastic Dreamworld tour productions they have planned.

They could sell tickets online for us fans to access the live stream - as These New Puritans did recently, and Mogwai are doing in a couple of weeks (a live debut of their new album a few days prior to its release).

Incidentally, I decided last year that I was going to avoid all the forum topics and YouTube phone clips of anything related to the Dreamworld tour, as in the past by the time I've got to the actual live date, I already know almost all the songs that will be played, and what their arrangements will be. Didn't want any spoilers for what I might see at the 02. Never realised I'd be waiting over two years! I still hope the tracks/arrangements they had planned aren't revealed until the tour begins next year. So hopefully if they are good enough to plan some online performances it will will be different songs and arrangements that won't be spoilers for 2022!

ElectriCity

#80 Post by ElectriCity »

Live Stream is not Life. Period.

Wish

#81 Post by Wish »

So I guess Cork, Viborg and Oslo are just cancelled?

canveyboy

#82 Post by canveyboy »

TwizzleUK wrote: Wed 03 Feb 2021, 12:04 pm
Synthrobot wrote: Wed 03 Feb 2021, 11:22 am :lol: On a serious note, I think now is the time for them to start thinking about some kind of live stream. A performance of their/our favourite b-sides, the sort of thing that would be commercially unsuccessful, but we as fans would love.

I think this is a lovely idea: a "Besides" online tour. Who knows if it's the sort of thing they'd want to spend time on right now, but would be great if they could plan a small number of streamed performances of B-sides and deeper album cuts. Perhaps they could program arrangements themselves (as with the lockdown 'West End Girls'). Could be refreshing to have more minimal arrangements (like the Barfly gig) as an antidote to the no-doubt bombastic Dreamworld tour productions they have planned.

They could sell tickets online for us fans to access the live stream - as These New Puritans did recently, and Mogwai are doing in a couple of weeks (a live debut of their new album a few days prior to its release).

Incidentally, I decided last year that I was going to avoid all the forum topics and YouTube phone clips of anything related to the Dreamworld tour, as in the past by the time I've got to the actual live date, I already know almost all the songs that will be played, and what their arrangements will be. Didn't want any spoilers for what I might see at the 02. Never realised I'd be waiting over two years! I still hope the tracks/arrangements they had planned aren't revealed until the tour begins next year. So hopefully if they are good enough to plan some online performances it will will be different songs and arrangements that won't be spoilers for 2022!
This is a great idea but they are not allowed to travel are they? The tier restrictions mean that Neil and Chris can’t meet up I guess?

I paid £10 to watch The Divine Comedy Live at The Barbican which was live streamed and took place a few weeks before the tiers were introduced. There were a few scattered socially distanced fans at the venue but that can’t happen right now.
So it would have to be done like the West End girls lockdown version with Neil and Chris in their respective homes. But that’s not live though? 🤔 Can they do the same set up and do it live? With them in separate places?
Its taken me all of my life to find you

psbfannyc

#83 Post by psbfannyc »

Wish wrote: Wed 03 Feb 2021, 12:22 pm So I guess Cork, Viborg and Oslo are just cancelled?
I am sure...they just can't make it public yet because of the whole thing with cancellation insurance...or lack thereof as I have been told and so many local and federal politics involved...but along with the first wave of huge festivals being cancelled across the planet for 2021 and now the global tours including our PSB...the public cancellation of Cork, Viborg and Oslo for 2021 is only a matter of time.

tottenhammattspurs

#84 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

canveyboy wrote: Wed 03 Feb 2021, 12:47 pm

This is a great idea but they are not allowed to travel are they? The tier restrictions mean that Neil and Chris can’t meet up I guess?

I paid £10 to watch The Divine Comedy Live at The Barbican which was live streamed and took place a few weeks before the tiers were introduced. There were a few scattered socially distanced fans at the venue but that can’t happen right now.
So it would have to be done like the West End girls lockdown version with Neil and Chris in their respective homes. But that’s not live though? 🤔 Can they do the same set up and do it live? With them in separate places?
I paid for the Divine Comedy gig too. Was hesitant in paying £10 for something I couldn’t actually go to but it turned out to be worth every penny. Neil Hannon has rescheduled those Barbican gigs too. Got mine for the Absent Friends and Victory show.
is is and isnt isnt

Gabby

#85 Post by Gabby »

psbfannyc wrote: Wed 03 Feb 2021, 11:39 am Also, I'm sure the New Order collaboration tour in the USA will now get rescheduled to 2022. So...I'm sure they are working on a new album now. I guess we will find out in the upcoming Annually!
I'm actually hoping they will reschedule the Unity Tour. Here in Ontario, Canada the pandemic response is being horribly mishandled by the provincial government (and the Feds aren't a great deal better), so at the rate things are going my age group wont be seeing vaccines until probably when the tour is scheduled to kick off in Toronto. That's too close a call for my liking, and I've serious reservations about going even if I'd just received my vaccine at that time.

I'll take the postponed Unity Tour option for my 50th birthday please.

canveyboy

#86 Post by canveyboy »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Wed 03 Feb 2021, 1:05 pm
canveyboy wrote: Wed 03 Feb 2021, 12:47 pm

I paid for the Divine Comedy gig too. Was hesitant in paying £10 for something I couldn’t actually go to but it turned out to be worth every penny. Neil Hannon has rescheduled those Barbican gigs too. Got mine for the Absent Friends and Victory show.
Ah, yeah it was well worth the tenner and I watch it back quite often! You’re so lucky to have tickets to the gigs. I wanted to go and see A Short Album About Love & Casanova but they sold out! They’re my 2 favourite albums! ;)
Its taken me all of my life to find you

TwizzleUK

#87 Post by TwizzleUK »

canveyboy wrote: Wed 03 Feb 2021, 12:47 pm This is a great idea but they are not allowed to travel are they? The tier restrictions mean that Neil and Chris can’t meet up I guess?

I'd imagine the latency of the Internet makes it impossible for Neil and Chris to perform live remotely simultaneously. Alternative pseudo live alternatives are possible:
  • Chris records his live performance of the music; then Neil sings over it in a live stream.
  • Chris records his live performance of the music; Neil records his vocals over Chris's music, then the combined pre-recorded performance is broadcast as a quasi-live stream, more like a Peel session type recording.
Lots of creative possibilities there for something exclusive approximating a live performance/stream working with and around the limitations currently place.

Sage

#88 Post by Sage »

What would be nice, in my opinion, is if they aimed to tour the places that have Covid under control.
We're already having live concerts here in Australia. They were meant to come here but as typical we're the bottom rung of places to perform at for PSB.

Honestly I have been reading that Covid won't go away at all. Even with vaccines there are mutations, and places that don't manage to get case numbers down eventually transmit to other places that would have otherwise eliminated it completely.

I hope they start thinking outside of the box. Do a virtual multimedia concert like other artists have? Or just scrap live performances and do some massive special release. Not a bloody ballet or soundtrack, but maybe a remix/collab/experimental project?

It's sad that tour is getting pushed back. I was imagining they'd do it for a year, get it out of their system and then come out with another brand new shining album.

What even is the Dreamworld Greatest Hits Tour?
I remember Neil saying it's a presentation of different hats, but we didn't really see that in the Hyde Park performance.
I also remember them saying they're keeping the same backing singers/session musicians from the Super tour. Which to me seems extremely stale. The "pop kids" (Christina Hizon, Simon Tellier and Afrika Green) are okay but I think a new crew would be much more exciting.

Spittingcat

#89 Post by Spittingcat »

We're already having live concerts here in Australia.
Taking the tour to, say, Australia this year would involve multiple periods of quarantine for all staff involved... and might not be welcomed by all. International travel is a 2022 thing really, sadly.
The "pop kids" (Christina Hizon, Simon Tellier and Afrika Green) are okay but I think a new crew would be much more exciting.
I want to see them as part of the act again, personally, but with a different setlist. They worked so well for the Inner Sanctum shows.

Tom Angel

#90 Post by Tom Angel »

I feel the until there are Zero cases and Zero cases of covid then there should be no gigs, plays, festivals or anything that brings people together. The risk is too great.

Giving up worldwide gigs is a small price to pay for saving one life.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls