Cicero - Love Is Everywhere Demo

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
One of the crowd

Cicero - Love Is Everywhere Demo

#1 Post by One of the crowd »

Dave has been posting some old demos on YouTube (and some lockdown live stuff)

Here’s his demo of the biggest hit, Love Is Everywhere

https://youtu.be/EYKb781o4Kk
Did Zoe Ball let something slip today? (31:01:24)

psbfannyc

Re: Cicero - Love Is Everywhere Demo

#2 Post by psbfannyc »

I wonder...is this the demo before he was produced by PSB? Or is this the "demo" with Chris Lowe's pre-production during the songwriting phase?

tottenhammattspurs

#4 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Why wasn’t Cicero huge? Four banging singles, a track on a successful film, the weight of PSB behind him. In hindsight I think there was little marketing and not enough money behind it all. Had he been signed by a major with a decent advance, I think he’d have been very successful. As it was it felt like the Boys lost interest pretty quickly.
is is and isnt isnt

Future Lover

#5 Post by Future Lover »

Well, the tracks weren't exactly Neil Tennant cowrites, and were pretty weak tbh. Great production obviously, but never got what they saw in him.

TallThinMan

#6 Post by TallThinMan »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Tue 30 Jun 2020, 5:37 pm Why wasn’t Cicero huge? Four banging singles, a track on a successful film, the weight of PSB behind him. In hindsight I think there was little marketing and not enough money behind it all. Had he been signed by a major with a decent advance, I think he’d have been very successful. As it was it felt like the Boys lost interest pretty quickly.
Bagpipes.
TIERGARTEN's debut album BREAKING POINT is out now: https://linktr.ee/tiergartenmusic

telys

#7 Post by telys »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Tue 30 Jun 2020, 5:37 pm Why wasn’t Cicero huge? Four banging singles, a track on a successful film, the weight of PSB behind him. In hindsight I think there was little marketing and not enough money behind it all. Had he been signed by a major with a decent advance, I think he’d have been very successful. As it was it felt like the Boys lost interest pretty quickly.
Because it's crap. Always wondered why PSB bothered with him, not worth the effort to try to listen to it.
----
You've got me all wrong

Bucky Goldstein

#8 Post by Bucky Goldstein »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Tue 30 Jun 2020, 5:37 pm Why wasn’t Cicero huge? Four banging singles, a track on a successful film, the weight of PSB behind him.
Les McQueen wrote: It's a sh*t business...
Never really got into Dave, but the extended mix of Love is everywhere is a banger. Nice cheeky nod back to the KLF's ...Obvious remix in the breakdown.
"...Purchase or hire thirty-eight ripe Spongs. Wheel them home, and shoot them. Then simply bake them, and eat them once. The end."

Spittingcat

#9 Post by Spittingcat »

I still enjoy the album.

Synthrobot

#10 Post by Synthrobot »

The bagpipes were terrible, but everything else was great. That Loving Feeling is a masterpiece, and Live For Today breaks my heart. Cicero has been shy to come back into the limelight, but now he's doing it, it's great to see him.
I recommend following him on Twitter (https://twitter.com/Dave_Cicero) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/cicero222).

Pod

#11 Post by Pod »

Future Boy is a decent album - I listen to it now and again. Love Cloud 9 and Then.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

jasminewok13

#12 Post by jasminewok13 »

he's very nice

Sent from my 5033X using Tapatalk

sonicbleep

#13 Post by sonicbleep »

GONE BYE BYE