Spinning vinyl

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Future Lover

Re: Spinning vinyl

#16 Post by Future Lover »

There's a 10 hour video of a cat riding a roomba in front of a Christmas tree. Some people like the sight of a vinyl spinning, and I'm pretty sure they chose these exact vinyls for their white labels, so yeah. Just a silly compilation, I wouldn't overthink it.

Drem

#17 Post by Drem »

If they'd put an actual vynil compilation of these tracks on sale on their site, they'll get an instant order from me. Maybe not only from me, if LP's artwork would be something more creative and picturesome than "Super", "Agenda", "Inner sanctum" and "Say it to me"/"I don't wanna" were. Some of my most favourite tracks are presented here, I think "Suburbia" and "Rent", being only two singles in the list, could be replaced with lesser known gems such as "The Survivors" and "To speak is a sin".
"I think it’s an amazingly good album, I’ve got to be honest with you. It’s one of the albums I feel most proud of. But for people who don’t really know us, and have a sort of an idea about us, ‘Electric’ is more what the Pet Shop Boys are meant to be."
(Neil Tennant, speaking about "Elysium" on the eve of "Electric" release.)

Synthrobot

#18 Post by Synthrobot »

I like it. It's just Chris playing his tunes (although he isn't really as the sound doesn't always synch up).
Some great song choices.

leesmapman

#19 Post by leesmapman »

Peak vinyl fetishism.
I will make videos of CDs playing in a CD player soon.

PSBForTheMasses

#20 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

Similiar to these vnyl versions. there is a surge of Youtube posts from early PSB catalogue in the last two months (actually during Covid 19 times). For example, there are nearly ten different "West End Girls" posts under different names, like, "Greatests Hits", "I Love 80s", "Best 80 Songs", "Classics" etc. all tied to official PSB channel and all posted since March; as far as I checked, no difference between the versions. Aka for Always On My Mind (Best Covers, 80s Covers, Christmas No 1s etc), It's A Sin and What have I done to deserve this? (best duets, best 80s) again all tied to PSB channel (and posted by Rhino mostly). Today I found a new One More Chance version published just yesterday by YZX music, whoever they are.

I think PSB are trying to reach a much larger audience than their usual Petheads, capitalizing on their success in US charts in 80s. and I hope they achieve what they want. For instance total views of Aha are close to 2 billion (daily average is nearly -gasp- 900K thanks to Take On Me) while the daily average views of PSB channel are around 250k, and total 450 million. This is a ridiculous difference (I mean why A-ha is so popular, probably due to Pitbull cover).
Last edited by PSBForTheMasses on Sat 23 May 2020, 3:52 am, edited 5 times in total.

billjermaine

#21 Post by billjermaine »

This would've worked better on Vimeo (had they an official channel) where 320kbps audio playback is supported. It's ridiculous Youtube reduces to 126kbps, or whatever it is, and won't even give you the choice to adjust as they do for video quality.

I do love this as a concept. It kind of works best when you don't know the tracklist and you leave it playing while you go do the cooking or something. I stood at the kitchen sink, my kilobytes played ..

Xakrij

#22 Post by Xakrij »

leesmapman wrote:
Wed 20 May 2020, 7:07 pm
Peak vinyl fetishism.
...and I will make videos of mp3s playing in an iPod or Zune (!) :shock:
Shot in the fatal cause of 'frock-and-droll'

leesmapman

#23 Post by leesmapman »

Xakrij wrote:
Sat 23 May 2020, 4:54 am
leesmapman wrote:
Wed 20 May 2020, 7:07 pm
Peak vinyl fetishism.
...and I will make videos of mp3s playing in an iPod or Zune (!) :shock:
Next-level vlogging!