Announcement

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Flaffer

Re: Announcement

#76 Post by Flaffer »

james23_uk wrote: Tue 10 Sep 2019, 9:51 pm
Flaffer wrote: Tue 10 Sep 2019, 9:25 pm
james23_uk wrote: Tue 10 Sep 2019, 8:17 pm Yeah two shows in Bournemouth looked very wrong, you're right about the Cardiff date, makes sense.
last two concerts there were pretty much sold out from what I could see, as in I was there
Hi Flaffer. Long time...

Better than the curtained-off Nightlife date then? ;)
Still two shows in Bournemouth seems unlikely?

Still been browsing forum but couldn’t log in and site wanted to use a captcha thingy to verify id which couldn’t do using phone or tablet as couldn’t drag answer into ‘box’. Just done this evening using laptop
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

agent doris

#77 Post by agent doris »

TwizzleUK wrote: Tue 10 Sep 2019, 11:13 pm The Ticketmaster listing I saw for O2 on Thu 28 May said tickets would be on sale at 10:00 tomorrow (Wed 11 September). Seems a bit soon after the potential Radio 2 announcement, an ddon't know if it'll only be "VIP packages" on sale tomorrow, be we shall see...
ROH tickets were available instantly when announced in 2016. At least we have the heads up on these ones!!

romy

#78 Post by romy »

I like this,we are all sitting in front of the radio,waiting,what is happening...Which guests on sunday?When is the single release?With video?Tour only uk?A new book?(Because of polaroids) Waiting for the answers....

Patrick Bateman

#79 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Pet Shop Boys have today unveiled their brand new single ‘Dreamland’, featuring Years & Years. The single was written by Chris Lowe and Neil Tennant with Olly Alexander who also duets with Neil Tennant on the track. The song was written in London and produced by Stuart Price at Hansa Studios in Berlin and The Record Plant in Los Angeles. The single is the first new music by Pet Shop Boys since their acclaimed ‘Agenda’ EP, released in February, and the first piece of new music to be released from their forthcoming new studio album.

The duo has also announced seven UK shows to open their first-ever greatest hits tour – Dreamworld: The Greatest Hits Live – in May/June 2020. Beginning on Thursday, May 28th at London’s O2, the tour will see PSB perform at arenas across the country, ending at Glasgow’s SSE Hydro on Saturday June 6th.

Tickets go on general sale at 10:00am (BST) on Friday 13th September

Pre-sale tickets go on sale today, Wednesday 11th September at 10:00am (BST)

romy

#80 Post by romy »

Got this mail,too...oh,thats a surprise..But when is the release of "Dreamland"?

matt74uk

#81 Post by matt74uk »

So the announcement email went out before the announcement on the radio? I'm still sat listening to Madonna?

tottenhammattspurs

#82 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Greatest Hits Tour. Hmmmm......🤔
is is and isnt isnt

Bulldog

#83 Post by Bulldog »

Patrick Bateman wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 8:32 am Pet Shop Boys have today unveiled their brand new single ‘Dreamland’, featuring Years & Years. The single was written by Chris Lowe and Neil Tennant with Olly Alexander who also duets with Neil Tennant on the track. The song was written in London and produced by Stuart Price at Hansa Studios in Berlin and The Record Plant in Los Angeles. The single is the first new music by Pet Shop Boys since their acclaimed ‘Agenda’ EP, released in February, and the first piece of new music to be released from their forthcoming new studio album.

The duo has also announced seven UK shows to open their first-ever greatest hits tour – Dreamworld: The Greatest Hits Live – in May/June 2020. Beginning on Thursday, May 28th at London’s O2, the tour will see PSB perform at arenas across the country, ending at Glasgow’s SSE Hydro on Saturday June 6th.

Tickets go on general sale at 10:00am (BST) on Friday 13th September

Pre-sale tickets go on sale today, Wednesday 11th September at 10:00am (BST)
But what does GHL mean? Were they only playing Potemkin tracks in previous tours?

NikacP0kac

#84 Post by NikacP0kac »

So no album title yet, but the release date WILL BE January 24th 2020.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

tottenhammattspurs

#85 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Oh my god this is good!!!
is is and isnt isnt

leesmapman

#86 Post by leesmapman »

Working title for the album is "Berlin". It won't be called that though.

Marie loves PSB

#87 Post by Marie loves PSB »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 8:36 am Greatest Hits Tour. Hmmmm......🤔
We agree! We won’t be going to this one. As mentioned before just buying the tickets will be a total nightmare for us. :down: The ROH was bad enough.
Last edited by Marie loves PSB on Wed 11 Sep 2019, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Patrick Bateman

#88 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Bulldog wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 8:38 amBut what does GHL mean? Were they only playing Potemkin tracks in previous tours?
They are contractually obliged to play DJ Culture.

Bulldog

#89 Post by Bulldog »

I smell a third GH next summer to wrap up the Price era.

Patrick Bateman

#90 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Bulldog wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 8:44 am I smell a third GH next summer to wrap up the Price era.
Yes. And we know the title too. :wink: