PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
le petit corbusier

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#151 Post by le petit corbusier »

Got my copy from Amazon this morning. Very impressed with the image and sound. Finally PSB in 1080p. I'm just sorry that no Electric performance was included as a bonus instead of Rock in Rio (which I haven't watched from this Blu-ray yet, but watched the performance on Youtube back in the day). I also love their commentary audio track on other releases and I'm a bit disappointed this one doesn't have one.

Anyway, very happy and impressed with what I got. And Amazon delivered the package in pristine condition, by the way, and had no problem pulling out the discs.

Now, I can't wait for Agenda and Literally to arrive from the official PSB store.
Look left, then right
And run for your life

drunk

#152 Post by drunk »

East End Bhoy wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2019, 7:46 pm Mine is still to be despatched by Amazon, expected delivery date 20th April!
I had same problem. I cancelled the order and reordered it & it arrived today. Maybe worth considering if you have Amazon Prme as it's currently listed as delivery by tomorrow (14th).
Endless thoughts & questions keep me awake

alig

#153 Post by alig »

Currently #1 on Amazon Germany's music dvds.
"John 3:16."

Paulo

#154 Post by Paulo »

I watched the blu-ray last night and I am very impressed with the picture quality. It brought back memories of seeing them in Singapore a few weeks back.

I was a little underwhelmed by the sound however. I listed to the 5.1 DTS-HD track and it seemed to lack a bit of bass. Also the live drumming which sounded so awesome live seemed to be lost in the mix.

I am wondering what track everyone is listening to on the blu-ray - the 5.1 DTS or 2.0 stereo track??

I might re-watch it and try the stereo track. Hopefully that will sound a bit better.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great release. It's great to finally see a PSB concert in 1080p. But the mix just didn't sound right to me.

greenmile

#155 Post by greenmile »

Oh look, Take That's new tour has an opening that involves a globe turning round with them in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6PoQ_G1tLA

(I kid of course, although interesting the similarities between PSB & Take That at the moment, both using Es Devlin for their live shows and Stuart Price as their producer.)

alig

#156 Post by alig »

Paulo wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019, 12:06 am I watched the blu-ray last night and I am very impressed with the picture quality. It brought back memories of seeing them in Singapore a few weeks back.

I was a little underwhelmed by the sound however. I listed to the 5.1 DTS-HD track and it seemed to lack a bit of bass. Also the live drumming which sounded so awesome live seemed to be lost in the mix.

I am wondering what track everyone is listening to on the blu-ray - the 5.1 DTS or 2.0 stereo track??

I might re-watch it and try the stereo track. Hopefully that will sound a bit better.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great release. It's great to finally see a PSB concert in 1080p. But the mix just didn't sound right to me.

DTS is high def. So it should sound better than 2.0.

Marie loves PSB

#157 Post by Marie loves PSB »

alig wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2019, 6:23 pm
Marie loves PSB wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2019, 2:46 pm
raggatwin wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2019, 1:55 pm I'm slightly disappointed by the card sleeve....wanted something more substantial...
I agree! - mine is creased all down the spine. I am finding the DVD's fiddly to get out as well. Sorry, this is going to sound silly - has anyone had any problems with trying to play the Blu Ray version? It takes me around 4-6 times trying to get it to go. It is like that on a few other Blu Ray DVD's so, I am now wondering if our Blu Ray DVD player has actually "had it".

Other that the trouble of starting the DVD I have been watching some of it and I am really impressed with it and the all colours look fab as does the sound. :up:

This DVD came from Rough Trade and on time. :D
Have you downloaded the latest firmware?
Many thanks for letting me know you all can play the Blu Ray DVD ok. :D Yes, I have downloaded the latest firmware - thank you. It is still just as bad as it was. :( I think our DVD player has had it.

alig

#158 Post by alig »

Marie loves PSB wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019, 12:15 pm
Marie loves PSB wrote: Fri 12 Apr 2019, 2:46 pm

I agree! - mine is creased all down the spine. I am finding the DVD's fiddly to get out as well. Sorry, this is going to sound silly - has anyone had any problems with trying to play the Blu Ray version? It takes me around 4-6 times trying to get it to go. It is like that on a few other Blu Ray DVD's so, I am now wondering if our Blu Ray DVD player has actually "had it".

Other that the trouble of starting the DVD I have been watching some of it and I am really impressed with it and the all colours look fab as does the sound. :up:

This DVD came from Rough Trade and on time. :D
Many thanks for letting me know you all can play the Blu Ray DVD ok. :D Yes, I have downloaded the latest firmware - thank you. It is still just as bad as it was. :( I think our DVD player has had it.
Have the same problem occasionally. Get a dvd cleaner disc. The lens might have built up dust.

Marie loves PSB

#159 Post by Marie loves PSB »

alig wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019, 12:51 pm

Have the same problem occasionally. Get a dvd cleaner disc. The lens might have built up dust.
Many thanks. :D I didn't think of that one alig. I have got one and will have a go. :up:

billiejo

#160 Post by billiejo »

Mine arrived on Friday and have hidden it for a surprise viewing tonight. I have tested it (after a fiddle removing from sleeve) and all looks spectacular so far. Look forward to tonight. Also was surprised that there is an hour of "Rio" which I already have and look forward to seeing this also.

leesmapman

#161 Post by leesmapman »

I'm watching the Live In Rio concert now. There's a guy with a Nirvana shirt singing with West End Girls. The death of grunge couldn't be symbolized any better.

onzio

#162 Post by onzio »

Paulo wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019, 12:06 am Don't get me wrong, it's a great release. It's great to finally see a PSB concert in 1080p. But the mix just didn't sound right to me.
I agree with you, the sound is very flat, lacks of dynamics. Neil's voice in particular is buried and compressed. The picture quality instead is terrific!!!
Anyway, great release. :clap:
The Onzio on Spotify
The Onzio on YouTube
Expressing passion, explaining pain
This is my kind of music

Tom Angel

#163 Post by Tom Angel »

Love comes quickly is majestic. Love the bells!

Is the Rio show not simply the Super show again, but in Rio?
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

Marie loves PSB

#164 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Marie loves PSB wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019, 2:45 pm
alig wrote: Sun 14 Apr 2019, 12:51 pm

Many thanks. :D I didn't think of that one alig. I have got one and will have a go. :up:

Oh, dear stupid DVD player! :grumble: "It cannot support this function" (pressing the play button!). It had a good clean as well. New DVD player time.

Paulo

#165 Post by Paulo »

Marie loves PSB wrote: Tue 16 Apr 2019, 1:46 pm Oh, dear stupid DVD player! :grumble: "It cannot support this function" (pressing the play button!). It had a good clean as well. New DVD player time.
If you can afford it you might as well get a blu-ray player, even if it's just to see the boys is high def :lol: