Inner Sanctum - 3sat

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Marie loves PSB

Re: Inner Sanctum - 3sat

#76 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Disco. wrote: Fri 04 Jan 2019, 4:57 pm Discography is up to #79 on I-Tunes in the U.K. Thats a bit strange, has the show been on any U.K channels ? Does any U.K residents know this ?

From what I know it hasn't been shown on any UK channels. (I have been trying to find it for ages). It is a shame and I do not know why. Germany knew how to celebrate the New Year! 8) Perhaps UK fans have been watching the YouTube one.

Disco.

#77 Post by Disco. »

Well, something has happened it’s at #34 now and #16 in Germany and #12 in the Netherlands.
Last edited by Disco. on Mon 07 Jan 2019, 6:11 am, edited 4 times in total.

Hillbilly

#78 Post by Hillbilly »

I watched this show on Youtube and thought it was really great! I'm looking forward to the complete thing on DVD, with songs you had never heard live before. Sounds very interesting with "In the Night", "Burn" and of course "Enigma".

I really liked that most songs here, even in this edited broadcast, are not very often performed live, and those who are worn-out got new arrangements so they all sounded fresh. Also it was nice to see the extra musicians on stage.

Skickat från min G8341 via Tapatalk

RMC

#79 Post by RMC »

In the UK the album is on the front page offer of albums at great prices it’s £5.99

oakey

#80 Post by oakey »

RMC wrote: Sun 06 Jan 2019, 6:27 pm In the UK the album is on the front page offer of albums at great prices it’s £5.99
For that you can get 50 2nd hand copies for you to rip yoursellf :-)

Disco.

#81 Post by Disco. »

Most likely not !

le petit corbusier

#82 Post by le petit corbusier »

Vocal main synth riff sounds weird. And Love comes quickly has lost that huge bass. About time for a new live DVD, anyway.

Enviado desde mi Mi A2 mediante Tapatalk

Look left, then right
And run for your life

Old Soak

#83 Post by Old Soak »

Thanks for the heads up on YouTube availability, I'll get the DVD on the strength of that. Always like it when they update an arrangement, keeps the old songs fresh. Liked the additional musicians on stage for a change.
And at the end/ Your funny Uncle staring / At all your friends / With military bearing

Rocky

#84 Post by Rocky »

That moment when you see yourself in the crowd - not just one, but 3 times :shock: :lol: has anyone else on here seen themselves?

Marie loves PSB

#85 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Rocky wrote: Fri 11 Jan 2019, 9:35 pm That moment when you see yourself in the crowd - not just one, but 3 times :shock: :lol: has anyone else on here seen themselves?
Yes, very hard to see but, on one of the Nottingham Youtube ones I can see myself.

Marie loves PSB

#86 Post by Marie loves PSB »

One thing I do not get about this tv showing is the opening credits. - It is raining and you can hear thunder and they are saying PSB at the ROH etc... The concert was done through quite a long heat wave last summer so, sorry I am being really petty here but, it has ruined it. Or is that the PSB irony?

Actually

#87 Post by Actually »

Is it just me or does anyone else think Always on my mind is starting to sound a little, shall I say, diluted? It starts off ok live with that magical brass riff but then I feel Neil's vocals turn it into something quite dire. I must admit having been at one of the first batch of ROH shows in 2016 and after hearing all the stompers It's a sin, Left to my own devices, Go West then Domino dancing then Neil says "We have one more song to do" I was ecstatically surprised it was another stomper... but felt afterwards it was a bit of an anti climax for an encore although fading into The Pop Kids reprise was a good twist. I think Stuart Price's production of Always on my mind has become weaker to comparisons of earlier productions. I love hearing them sound different to each other but think Always on my mind deserves a bigger sound....hence an anticipated live version of Always on my mind/in my house with all the whistles blowing & fireworks!!!!
I'm too weak to be strong

greenmile

#88 Post by greenmile »

Marie loves PSB wrote: Sun 13 Jan 2019, 11:21 am One thing I do not get about this tv showing is the opening credits. - It is raining and you can hear thunder and they are saying PSB at the ROH etc... The concert was done through quite a long heat wave last summer so, sorry I am being really petty here but, it has ruined it. Or is that the PSB irony?
There was bad weather on the Friday night of this run. I know because my flight to London was cancelled because of it and I ended up spending the night in Dublin Airport!

Did manage to get a flight first thing the next morning and made it to the Saturday night show as planned.

It was also raining the Sunday morning as I got soaked because I didn't bother bringing a jacket with me because of the heat wave!

Marie loves PSB

#89 Post by Marie loves PSB »

greenmile wrote: Mon 28 Jan 2019, 7:48 pm
Marie loves PSB wrote: Sun 13 Jan 2019, 11:21 am One thing I do not get about this tv showing is the opening credits. - It is raining and you can hear thunder and they are saying PSB at the ROH etc... The concert was done through quite a long heat wave last summer so, sorry I am being really petty here but, it has ruined it. Or is that the PSB irony?
There was bad weather on the Friday night of this run. I know because my flight to London was cancelled because of it and I ended up spending the night in Dublin Airport!

Did manage to get a flight first thing the next morning and made it to the Saturday night show as planned.

It was also raining the Sunday morning as I got soaked because I didn't bother bringing a jacket with me because of the heat wave!
Thank you for letting me know greenmile. I didn't know this. Sorry, to hear about your flight and getting soaked. We went on the Wednesday - a very hot day and the heat made it too much.