Neil Tennant announces new book

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Sandy Shaw

Re: Neil Tennant announces new book

#377 Post by Sandy Shaw » Sun 02 Dec 2018, 1:06 pm

psbfannyc wrote:
Fri 30 Nov 2018, 9:09 am
This just get's more camp...

https://fabersocial.co.uk/2018/11/29/le ... nd-a-poem/
Yes!

Neil ''spent time at the printer''. The free enclosure from Faber for those who thought they had been able to order the special edition implied that Neil had produced all copies of this print but I thought that was too good to be true!
What's for supper?

rashomon

#378 Post by rashomon » Sun 02 Dec 2018, 6:01 pm

pretty much past caring now ... but has anyone received the regular signed copy from Coles?

I rang them can't remember when and they were still waiting for their allocation to come in ...
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

PSB-90

#379 Post by PSB-90 » Sun 02 Dec 2018, 8:34 pm

Also still waiting on Coles. Likewise rang ages ago and was told the same thing. Bizarre really.

Marie loves PSB

#380 Post by Marie loves PSB » Mon 03 Dec 2018, 2:58 pm

Ditto as above! (Coles).

I have e-mailed a couple of times. The last once must have been about three weeks ago. I was told that they have them instore (handy!) and that they have had their first batch in. I will been receiving mine in a couple of weeks. (It has gone that). Please e-mail them as if more of you do this it may make them get their finger out.

I am so fed up with it now. :roll: What have we done to deserve this? I have ordered many books but this one...…..

PSB-90

#381 Post by PSB-90 » Tue 04 Dec 2018, 12:29 am

Spoke to Coles again today. The bloke said one batch has already been despatched (based on date ordered) but they can't send the rest until Neil has signed them! Wut?! I thought that was all done ages ago, at the beginning of this never-ending saga. It's now more than a month since publication day - it's crazy. In fact, I'm starting to smell a rat. Can anyone confirm that they HAVE actually received a book from Coles??

df118junkie

#382 Post by df118junkie » Tue 04 Dec 2018, 2:09 am

PSB-90 wrote:
Tue 04 Dec 2018, 12:29 am
Spoke to Coles again today. The bloke said one batch has already been despatched (based on date ordered) but they can't send the rest until Neil has signed them! Wut?! I thought that was all done ages ago, at the beginning of this never-ending saga. It's now more than a month since publication day - it's crazy. In fact, I'm starting to smell a rat. Can anyone confirm that they HAVE actually received a book from Coles??

Nope

Marie loves PSB

#383 Post by Marie loves PSB » Tue 04 Dec 2018, 9:28 am

PSB-90 wrote:
Tue 04 Dec 2018, 12:29 am
Thank you for chasing it up PSB-90."Something" isn't right here is it? I don't think Coles' are dodgy btw as I had ordered another signed book from them when I ordered Neil's book and it arrived very quickly. I think this has been organised very poorly. Perhaps Neil should have got them signed well before they were released etc... If they had been done we would have had them all and we would not even of known. I know I ordered mine quite late so.......

"I've got a book that's getting on my nerves"!.

PSB-90

#384 Post by PSB-90 » Tue 04 Dec 2018, 10:50 am

You're welcome Marie. No, I don't really see how Coles could be dodgy either, they seem perfectly reputable, and interesting to hear that your other book arrived normally - but as you say it just feels like something isn't quite right. Oh well, just have to wait and see...

ChromeBeat

#385 Post by ChromeBeat » Tue 04 Dec 2018, 10:17 pm

So a month after publication, and a month following the dispatch of the numbered limited editions, my replacement book has finally turned up, along with the promised refund. I’m surprised that Neil didn’t incscribe something more than his name after presumably signing nearly 1000 books. Now keeping eye on eBay to see if some dodgy Hermes delivery bloke is flogging a few hundred limited editions, although it looks like they may have just delivered multiple copies to a few lucky customers, presumably to save on costs.

herts101

#386 Post by herts101 » Wed 05 Dec 2018, 5:56 pm

Well - what a strange surprise this afternoon.

Having had a refund last week and an email telling me a standard signed copy would be shipped, a signed special edition (no 428) arrived today!

Utterly bizarre! But I’m a happy man today!
Fingers crossed the rest of you have the same situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marie loves PSB

#387 Post by Marie loves PSB » Tue 11 Dec 2018, 5:16 pm

*I wonder if we will get our book in time for Christmas*? Still no word from Coles. It is not good enough! :shock: :evil:

Pod

#389 Post by Pod » Wed 12 Dec 2018, 7:45 pm

Love is a bourgeois contract? The trucker and his mate?
Oh dear...
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

df118junkie

#390 Post by df118junkie » Sat 15 Dec 2018, 12:09 pm

Coles just emailed me, cancelled my order, and refunded. They did not receive the signed copies as expected. I have ordered a cheap copy via Amazon so I can keep my limited edition sealed.