I flit

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Elbagarpie

I flit

#1 Post by Elbagarpie »

So have the PSBs released anything good since 2001? I'm not being sarcastic, I genuinely don't know.

Ghost within this house

Re: I flit

#2 Post by Ghost within this house »

Yes, they have.
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

Bulldog

#3 Post by Bulldog »

They had their career nadir in 2000-2001, almost everything since then has been good to great.

Flaffer

#4 Post by Flaffer »

Strange to find the soundtrack to Closer To Heaven as a yardstick, but the answer is yes
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

Pod

#5 Post by Pod »

Bizarre question.
Yes, that is all.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

agent doris

#6 Post by agent doris »

Elbagarpie wrote: Mon 02 Apr 2018, 4:48 pm So have the PSBs released anything good since 2001? I'm not being sarcastic, I genuinely don't know.
Simple answer is to have a listen..,

Greendrake

#7 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

retrofuturist

#8 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

I can understand the question. If I were a fairweather fan, I would have given up on Pet Shop Boys around that time.

As it was, around the time of Nightlife and Release I stopped importing the CD singles as soon as they were released, and tried instead to pick them up on special in bargain bins or online.

I still don't think I have the full set of Home And Dry singles, although the US 2CD edition of Release which I bought at the time left that largely redundant.

To reiterate the above answers, yes, things have been much better since then, although Super is a rather misleading title for their most recent album.

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

Disco.

#9 Post by Disco. »

retrofuturist wrote: Fri 06 Apr 2018, 12:08 am Greetings,

I can understand the question. If I were a fairweather fan, I would have given up on Pet Shop Boys around that time.

As it was, around the time of Nightlife and Release I stopped importing the CD singles as soon as they were released, and tried instead to pick them up on special in bargain bins or online.

I still don't think I have the full set of Home And Dry singles, although the US 2CD edition of Release which I bought at the time left that largely redundant.

To reiterate the above answers, yes, things have been much better since then, although Super is a rather misleading title for their most recent album.

No, it's not :grumble: :D
Retro. :)

retrofuturist

#10 Post by retrofuturist »

Haha... #Triggered
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

leesmapman

#11 Post by leesmapman »

They haven't been better right now. I think 2006's Fundamental album is one of their best albums and in 2013 they released another highlight in their career with Electric.

Pod

#12 Post by Pod »

retrofuturist wrote: Fri 06 Apr 2018, 6:33 am Haha... #Triggered
Oh dear...
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Drico One

#13 Post by Drico One »

Elbagarpie wrote: Mon 02 Apr 2018, 4:48 pm So have the PSBs released anything good since 2001? I'm not being sarcastic, I genuinely don't know.
The least you could have done is brought a chocolate orange.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

Elbagarpie

#14 Post by Elbagarpie »

I now quite like them again. This Social Media stuff is fun to bounce around to and some of their old stuff was okay. :twisted: Plus, most of the clique just reunited on my FB...my arpie quoted 'I came across a cache of old photos' and I was crying. I made some amazing friends on these pages.

I kinda wanted to write my emotional journey from Tuesday, (traversing Plymouth Hoe in gorgeous sunshine as though it were a music video) whilst rediscovering Bilingual: Further Listening (2001). Or is that too old fashioned and not enough about remixes...? There are remixes of Discoteca towards the end of that album.

Drico, my darling I'm so sorry! They ARE out there but I can't remember how to link images anymore! https://www.google.com/search?q=chocola ... B5_R4aj9M:

Get some vitamin D in that attic! x

York Minster

#15 Post by York Minster »

I still like Closer to Heaven Soundtrack and demos. Others may not feel similar, but My Night is one of their absolute best. Techno euphoria with Hague production.

Did you guys know that nothing. No no nothing. Is tabooooooooooooooooooo
And tryin' to figure out what happened to 'Germaine Propaine'
"He couldn't have fell off that hard" Ain't no way
"What happened to the way you was rappin' when you was scandalous
That Canibus turned into a television evangelist"
Plus he raps with his regular voice [BOOSH! BOOSH!]
[BOOSH! BOOSH!] (What was that?) Pet Shop Boys