PSB Prom repeated tonight Radio 3

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Sandy Shaw

PSB Prom repeated tonight Radio 3

#1 Post by Sandy Shaw »

Heading home now!
What's for supper?

Patrick Bateman

Re: PSB Prom repeated tonight Radio 3

#2 Post by Patrick Bateman »

I *hate* the Gordon Brown section.

Sandy Shaw

#3 Post by Sandy Shaw »

Patrick Bateman wrote:I *hate* the Gordon Brown section.
What is it you hate? Do you feel that GB is not sincere?
He recorded the apology specially for the Boys - it was issued in writing originally.
What's for supper?

Sandy Shaw

#4 Post by Sandy Shaw »

I sat in my kitchen and had a good cry this evening. Chrissie's brilliant vocals have possibly been turned up in the mix, I was certainly aware of hearing them more clearly than in the Hall itself and when I streamed the concert online in in internet cafe in the summer.

The Turing piece hit me just has hard as on first listen, it is a fitting tribute to Turing's thoughts and feelings, and certainly stirs mine.
What's for supper?

Sandy Shaw

#5 Post by Sandy Shaw »

Sorry double post.
What's for supper?

Trixiemix

#6 Post by Trixiemix »

Sandy Shaw wrote:I sat in my kitchen and had a good cry this evening. Chrissie's brilliant vocals have possibly been turned up in the mix, I was certainly aware of hearing them more clearly than in the Hall itself and when I streamed the concert online in in internet cafe in the summer.

The Turing piece hit me just has hard as on first listen, it is a fitting tribute to Turing's thoughts and feelings, and certainly stirs mine.
What a great night that was! Neil appeared to be looking out for familiar faces as he commented to a few
fans that he had spotted them in the audience. Great memories......and have a very happy Christmas ;0)
Back to Trafalgar.........

Patrick Bateman

#7 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Sandy Shaw wrote:What is it you hate? Do you feel that GB is not sincere?
He recorded the apology specially for the Boys - it was issued in writing originally.
I find it jarring. Here's this rather dreamy, often romantic piece.....and then Gordon Brown pipes up.

Sandy Shaw

#8 Post by Sandy Shaw »

Trixiemix wrote:
Sandy Shaw wrote:I sat in my kitchen and had a good cry this evening. Chrissie's brilliant vocals have possibly been turned up in the mix, I was certainly aware of hearing them more clearly than in the Hall itself and when I streamed the concert online in in internet cafe in the summer.

What a great night that was! Neil appeared to be looking out for familiar faces as he commented to a few
fans that he had spotted them in the audience. Great memories......and have a very happy Christmas ;0)
Thanks you too Trixie! I have had a fab "up" year thanks to good friends and PSB! ;-)
Last edited by Sandy Shaw on Thu 25 Dec 2014, 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
What's for supper?

Sandy Shaw

#9 Post by Sandy Shaw »

Patrick Bateman wrote:
Sandy Shaw wrote:What is it you hate? Do you feel that GB is not sincere?
I find it jarring. Here's this rather dreamy, often romantic piece.....and then Gordon Brown pipes up.
What if he gave you an apology for his apology- would that help? ;-)
What's for supper?

MikeyC

#10 Post by MikeyC »

For the lovely Brits here: What needs to happen in order for ALL those thousands of innocent gay men to get an official pardon??

PopArt

#11 Post by PopArt »

I agree, all of the innocent gay men who were prosecuted under these laws need to receive a pardon. I'm amazed it hasn't happened yet, actually.

As for A man from the future, it sounds even better listening to it six months after seeing it live. A real triumph for the Boys!
I'm always waiting...

Sandy Shaw

#12 Post by Sandy Shaw »

It is unusual to receive a pardon when "rightly convicted" at the time. It would take a lot of campaigning to try to extend the Turing case to other gay men.
What's for supper?

MikeyC

#13 Post by MikeyC »

Sandy Shaw wrote:It is unusual to receive a pardon when "rightly convicted" at the time. It would take a lot of campaigning to try to extend the Turing case to other gay men.
Then campaigning we shall do!

All those men are guilty of no crime. And in 2014 -- soon to be 2015 -- it's a disgrace that their guilt still stands.

Sandy Shaw

#14 Post by Sandy Shaw »

MikeyC wrote:
Sandy Shaw wrote:It is unusual to receive a pardon when "rightly convicted" at the time. It would take a lot of campaigning to try to extend the Turing case to other gay men.

All those men are guilty of no crime. And in 2014 -- soon to be 2015 -- it's a disgrace that their guilt still stands.
Many men can apply to have convictions disregarded under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 but I am in for campaigning for pardons!
What's for supper?

MikeyC

#15 Post by MikeyC »

Sandy Shaw wrote:
MikeyC wrote:

Many men can apply to have convictions disregarded under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 but I am in for campaigning for pardons!

Although the deceased cannot apply for anything, and they deserve to have their records wiped clean as well.