Pet Shop Boys performing at Coachella USA in April 2014

For discussion and photos of PSB live performances.

ChoonHound

Re: Pet Shop Boys performing at Coachella USA in April 2014

#3 Post by ChoonHound »

"One of these things is not like the others..."
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

Cdrodkey

#4 Post by Cdrodkey »

Wow, that's kind of a big deal.

What they will need to do is have a US promo release or something to build momentum around this. I remember a few years ago, Gary Numan was to perform, and it was cancelled because of travel being halted because of the volcano in Iceland, but even just being on the bill gave him a lot of new credibility with certain sectors of the US indie scene/press that he has since been able to build upon.

And: Nas is still around?

Nickname

#5 Post by Nickname »

For them PSB is in the third category, according to the size of the letters.

NikacP0kac

#6 Post by NikacP0kac »

nickname wrote:For them PSB is in the third category, according to the size of the letters.
I think they're still the second category and all the rest in pretty tiny letters are then the third category. Makes more sense.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Nickname

#7 Post by Nickname »

NikacP0kac wrote:
nickname wrote:For them PSB is in the third category, according to the size of the letters.
I think they're still the second category and all the rest in pretty tiny letters are then the third category. Makes more sense.

OutKast, Muse, Arcade Fire are the first category for them, the big stars with big titles
The artists of the first line are in the second category for them, the size of the letters is smaller.
The artists of the second line are in the third category for them, the size of the letters is even more small.
The artists of the third line are in the fourth category for them, the size of the letters is tiny.
The artists of the fourth line are fifth category, the size of the letter is more tiny.

NikacP0kac

#8 Post by NikacP0kac »

nickname wrote:
NikacP0kac wrote:

OutKast, Muse, Arcade Fire are the first category for them, the big stars with big titles
The artists of the first line are in the second category for them, the size of the letters is smaller.
The artists of the second line are in the third category for them, the size of the letters is even more small.
The artists of the third line are in the fourth category for them, the size of the letters is tiny.
The artists of the fourth line are fifth category, the size of the letter is more tiny.
And Thursday is the big hit...over and out.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Young Offender

#9 Post by Young Offender »

There are several stages at the festival, so they will probably headline the electronic/dance stage?

Danimal

#10 Post by Danimal »

If they're going to release something in tandem with this, a limited edition of Electric bundled with a new 4-track EP of dance tracks (or perhaps Neil dueting with Springstein on The last to die) would hit the mark.

ChoonHound

#11 Post by ChoonHound »

PSB + Lana would be eff'ing awesome. Rent? What have I done to deserve this?? I'm not Scared?
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

ZiggyPSB

#12 Post by ZiggyPSB »

Coachella tickets sold out on Day 1.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017