News: Neil & Dan Fresh

Archive for quick access to detailed information about the band.
Nickname

News: Neil & Dan Fresh

#1 Post by Nickname »

Dan Fresh - 12 September '05
Neil has provided the chorus vocals on a new song, "Throw", by Drum &Bass producer/DJ Dan Fresh. The song will feature on Dan Fresh's album, "Escape From Planet Monday", due for release early next year.
Fresh co-produced the Pet Shop Boys' single, "Miracles", with Adam F back in 2003.

raggatwin

#2 Post by raggatwin »

Interesting. 1,2 1,2 jungle cru....
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

joncool5

#3 Post by joncool5 »

Getting down with the kids (Or is drum n' bass a middle-aged thing now as Goldie and Roni Size must be getting on)

raggatwin

#4 Post by raggatwin »

Roni Size is about 35, Goldie is at least 40. My cursory listen of the BP soundtrack evidenced some little dnb licks here and there.
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

jamie1978

#5 Post by jamie1978 »

Drum and Bass is terribly mid-nineties.

Bowie jumped on tha bandwagon two years too late in 1997. Neil is a whole decade late.

Flaffer

#6 Post by Flaffer »

Penduluum seem very good, based on what I've heard of theirs. Are they D'n'B ?
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

raggatwin

#7 Post by raggatwin »

drum and bass is still happening. I was at an event the other night. Just because the media aren't talking about dosen't mean there isn't a scene. As far as pendulum go i think their most popular tracks are the ones that have been remixed by Adam F.

Kris

#8 Post by Kris »

jamie1978 wrote:Drum and Bass is terribly mid-nineties.

Bowie jumped on tha bandwagon two years too late in 1997. Neil is a whole decade late.
Bit harsh. Didn't Roni Size win the Mercury Music prize in '97 or '98? Plus, PSB's sole flirtation with drum and bass came in 1996 with Betrayed, which I think is a brilliant song.
Passion, love, sex, money, violence, religion, injustice and death. More on that story later.

raggatwin

#9 Post by raggatwin »

and lest we forget the proto junglist of the Altern 8 mix of Music 4 Boys

psb-freak

#10 Post by psb-freak »

Good news. I didn´t manage to open the official site. Had some problems with it.
Interviewer:
-What would you tell someone about yourself if you wanted to impress them?

Chris:
-I´ve got a 12-inch plonker.

Zeus On The Loose

#11 Post by Zeus On The Loose »

raggatwin wrote:and lest we forget the proto junglist of the Altern 8 mix of Music 4 Boys
That wasn't proto-junglist, it was breakbeat. It was jungle that was meta-breakbeat.

Anyway, just because there are still events etc. doesn't mean it's still happening because it simply isn't. I bet there are ballroom dancing events too, that doesn't mean anyone cares about it.
Does cameos only.

raggatwin

#12 Post by raggatwin »

no one really cares for handbag house you listen to either dear. :lol: btw there is a clear line from hardcore through to drum n bass...

Leeds City Boy

#13 Post by Leeds City Boy »

Flaffer wrote:Penduluum seem very good, based on what I've heard of theirs. Are they D'n'B ?
viewtopic.php?t=8263

Sort of, though their fantastic album has a very house feel to it.

jamie1978

#14 Post by jamie1978 »

Its not 1995 anymore.

Jungle makes me feel queasy.

Zeus On The Loose

#15 Post by Zeus On The Loose »

raggatwin wrote:no one really cares for handbag house you listen to either dear. :lol: btw there is a clear line from hardcore through to drum n bass...
I don't listen to handbag house at all but noone cares about dance music these days anyway, not even me in partricular.
Does cameos only.