Final results of poll on choices for an imaginary PSB "Ballads" album

All Geowayne's polls and results.
geowayne

Final results of poll on choices for an imaginary PSB "Ballads" album

#1 Post by geowayne »

The final results are in for my poll this past week, in which I asked my site visitors to choose the 12 Pet Shop Boys songs written or co-written by Neil and Chris that they would include on an imaginary Ballads compilation. And the 12 songs that received the most votes are:

* "Being Boring," picked by 62.6% of the voters,
* "King's Cross," picked by 54.8%,
* "Jealousy," chosen by 46.2%,
* "Dreaming of the Queen," selected by 42.4%,
* "It Couldn't Happen Here," picked by 41.6%,
* "Do I Have To?" also chosen by 41.6%,
* "It Always Comes as a Surprise," picked by 41.4%,
* "You Only Tell Me You Love Me When You're Drunk," selected by 36.8%,
* "Only the Wind," tapped by 36.6%,
* "Later Tonight," chosen by 34.1%,
* "Liberation," picked by 33.8%, and
* "King of Rome," selected by 33.5%.

A pretty good album, wouldn't you say, even if it is imaginary? To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey Results" options in the top navigation bar or click the appropriate link on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the week ahead is something of a "flipside" to the one that I ran week-before-last, using the exact same set of songs. If you recall, two weeks ago I asked you to pick the PSB single that had reached (or had come closest to reaching) your "lifetime hearing quota." But this time I'm asking you to pick the single that is, in your opinion, the biggest earworm -- the one that, after hearing (or even after just thinking about it) is the most difficult to get out of your head. (This could be true right now or at any time in the past.) In other words, while the earlier survey dealt with songs you're not very interested in hearing again, this week's question concerns songs that (if you're anything like me) you actually become somewhat desperate to hear again, or at least keep "replaying" in your mind because of their "earwormy" quality. So please mull this over and, when you're ready, make your choice right there on my home page. And thanks so much to Richard A. for suggesting this question!

Thanks as well to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have a great week ahead!

ZiggyPSB

Re: Final results of poll on choices for an imaginary PSB "Ballads" album

#2 Post by ZiggyPSB »

Imagine of more than a couple of songs that topped the polls of the lifetime hearing quota, also topped the polls of most earwormy?
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

geowayne

Re: Final results of poll on choices for an imaginary PSB "Ballads" album

#3 Post by geowayne »

ZiggyPSB wrote: Sun 21 Jan 2018, 7:20 pm Imagine of more than a couple of songs that topped the polls of the lifetime hearing quota, also topped the polls of most earwormy?
It's distinctly possible! Only time will tell!