Pet Shop Boys on VHD (Video High Density)

Q&As about collecting and collections, items and value of PSB related material. Discuss new and old PSB collector items.
deekay

Pet Shop Boys on VHD (Video High Density)

#1 Post by deekay »

On Discogs there is a listing for ‘Television’ by Pet Shop Boys in the VHD format (a Japanese-only release) which I understand was more expensive, better quality, but ultimately less successful than Laserdiscs which also pre-dated the DVD format. Over the last 15 or so years I have only seen this item advertised maybe 2 or 3 times on various websites which leads me to the question of approximately how many were actually produced. My guess would be they would’ve had to have made at least 100 to make it viable. As far as I know it wasn’t a promo. On various forums the existence of this item is either unknown or hazy at best. Is anybody able to share some more information about it other than that which is already on the Discogs page?

agent doris

Re: Pet Shop Boys on VHD (Video High Density)

#2 Post by agent doris »

Here it is:
Attachments
A3192EC2-76D1-4FDA-AB88-FB915823B9FA.jpeg
A3192EC2-76D1-4FDA-AB88-FB915823B9FA.jpeg (99.98 KiB) Viewed 5536 times

deekay

Re: Pet Shop Boys on VHD (Video High Density)

#3 Post by deekay »

That’s a very nice item and should be in the top 300 PSB items in www.psb-catalogue.com for sure. With the autographs it would be worth a lot more. Any idea how many were made?