Australia

For discussion and photos of PSB live performances.
Greendrake

Re: Australia

#46 Post by Greendrake » Sun 08 Jun 2014, 4:27 pm

Just back from the 3rd show in Sydney. What a nice surprise at the end of it! When Vocal faded out and the lights were turned on (which normally means that it's time to "row that boat home"), they started playing Absolutely Fabulous (single version)! Everyone really appreciated that and started dancing!

On the second show they did not bother saying "good night" and getting out to be back and play "encores" — just continued without that (or their engineers forgot to pause before starting playing Being Boring). It was also amazing to see one of them popping onto the stage to check something with Chris and talk to him when he was playing the song!

fatherless one

#47 Post by fatherless one » Mon 09 Jun 2014, 12:36 pm

I was very very honoured to go back stage and meet Neil and Chris after the show while the boys were winding down last night (Sunday night), very casual and relaxed conversation, two very down-to-earth (and busy) gentlemen.

Presets DJ set was enjoyable too, and the venue being relatively small made the show that much more personal and enjoyable.

Till next time lads : )

RaciePSB

#48 Post by RaciePSB » Thu 27 Aug 2015, 8:14 am

If they had a heart they would come back and put me out of my misery. (From having missed them. I have Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome to this day because that New Years Eve in Sydney!)
Rachel
Happily PSB-obsessed since 1986

No Muscle Mary

#49 Post by No Muscle Mary » Mon 21 Sep 2015, 4:32 pm

Haven't been on the forum since I started this thread. Had an epic night at the Electric gig in Sydney, followed by the best view of the Opera House in the city to watch the lights of Vivid festival that night.
Thankfully, have now moved back to Ireland so getting to see the boys will be so much easier (funny how that becomes a factor in where you choose to live, haha)
Churlicious

RaciePSB

#50 Post by RaciePSB » Thu 05 Nov 2015, 7:07 am

No Muscle Mary wrote:Haven't been on the forum since I started this thread. Had an epic night at the Electric gig in Sydney, followed by the best view of the Opera House in the city to watch the lights of Vivid festival that night.
Thankfully, have now moved back to Ireland so getting to see the boys will be so much easier (funny how that becomes a factor in where you choose to live, haha)

I wish I'd met you while you were still living in Australia, NMMary. Then I could come and visit you in Ireland when there just so happens to be a PSB concert on! ;-)

Lucky, Lucky You!

Those spoiled devotees who live in the UK.. I just don't think they truly appreciate how lucky they are!

*sigh*

:-)
Rachel
Happily PSB-obsessed since 1986