Rumor: Electric tour continues late March

For discussion and photos of PSB live performances.
markrobertnolan

Re: Rumor: Electric tour continues late March

#16 Post by markrobertnolan » Wed 11 Dec 2013, 1:01 pm

NO. DEFINITELY NOT LOVE IS A BOURGEOIS CONSTRUCT...... and I am unanimous in that!

markrobertnolan

#17 Post by markrobertnolan » Wed 11 Dec 2013, 1:02 pm

It spoils otherwise a 5 star album!

le petit corbusier

#18 Post by le petit corbusier » Wed 11 Dec 2013, 1:04 pm

They should play Inside a dream. It would sound massive live.
Look left, then right
And run for your life

BrilliantPSB

#19 Post by BrilliantPSB » Thu 12 Dec 2013, 2:34 am

I would love IN HIS IMAGINATION
Neil Tennant has a great voice, Chris Lowe has great silence.

One of the crowd

#20 Post by One of the crowd » Thu 12 Dec 2013, 10:22 am

The "Electric" album is crying out to be played live in full, followed by an hour of classics and fan favourites
One of the crowd has left the building

joe stalin

#21 Post by joe stalin » Thu 12 Dec 2013, 12:56 pm

Electric at Glastonbury 2014 anyone ? Headlining Sunday night on Pyramid stage ?

Blogo

#22 Post by Blogo » Thu 12 Dec 2013, 2:56 pm

joe stalin wrote:Electric at Glastonbury 2014 anyone ? Headlining Sunday night on Pyramid stage ?
Delusions of Grandeur...
Listen without prejudice

TheGhostOfMyself

#23 Post by TheGhostOfMyself » Sun 15 Dec 2013, 3:49 pm

Thinking practically here.........we're now 3 months away from the tour starting again and we've seen nothing in the way of dates being released, tickets go on sale or any other publicity.

Do their concerts normally sell out/hit break even in 3 months when one of those has Christmas and the January "lets try not to spend any money this month" in them?

The only festivals I can see happening in March are central Europe and Miami.....

MikeyC

#24 Post by MikeyC » Mon 16 Dec 2013, 12:50 am

TheGhostOfMyself wrote:Thinking practically here.........we're now 3 months away from the tour starting again and we've seen nothing in the way of dates being released, tickets go on sale or any other publicity.

Do their concerts normally sell out/hit break even in 3 months when one of those has Christmas and the January "lets try not to spend any money this month" in them?

The only festivals I can see happening in March are central Europe and Miami.....

Maybe they're planning a "BEYONCE" and just showing up in a city to play a concert, with no advance warning or promotion! :lol:

Danger

#25 Post by Danger » Mon 16 Dec 2013, 4:36 pm

I think it's becoming a bit too late to announce gigs for March, maybe the tour will kick off again in last spring around May or June...Generally tickets are on sale 2-3 months before the gigs...

petheadNOR96

#26 Post by petheadNOR96 » Mon 16 Dec 2013, 9:44 pm

My guess is that they`ll announce dates around New Year`s...
Call the police, there`s a madman around

West End Boy

#27 Post by West End Boy » Mon 16 Dec 2013, 11:17 pm

Third week of January. 3-4 UK gigs in smaller venues, several non-festival performances in mainland Europe (ca. 15-22 concerts), starting around late May / early June. Slightly different setlist, revved-up visuals and a more coherent show concept overall. This is what I realistically expect for the first half of 2014.

Although the thing with the reworked show concept probably borders on wishful thinking. I only just watched the "Pandemonium" DVD a couple of days ago and immediately had to think of what a crazy mess the "Electric" show was compared to the elaborate and well-conceived spectacle that was "Pandemonium". An entertaining mess, without a doubt, but a mess nonetheless: Curtain! Lasers! Minotaurs! Singing in beds! More lasers! Pogo sticks! Erm... lasers anyone!?
Tyrants and kings both meet the same fate, strung up at your city gate.

Danger

#28 Post by Danger » Tue 17 Dec 2013, 9:18 am

West End Boy wrote:Although the thing with the reworked show concept probably borders on wishful thinking. I only just watched the "Pandemonium" DVD a couple of days ago and immediately had to think of what a crazy mess the "Electric" show was compared to the elaborate and well-conceived spectacle that was "Pandemonium". An entertaining mess, without a doubt, but a mess nonetheless: Curtain! Lasers! Minotaurs! Singing in beds! More lasers! Pogo sticks! Erm... lasers anyone!?
I'm agree the Electric tour is been without a concept instead of the previous one divided in well released chapters. Even the Fundamental Tour (although more simple for stage setting) was more harmonic. But I don't think that they will change in depth the show maybe some changes but more or less it will be like the last one.

petheadNOR96

#29 Post by petheadNOR96 » Sat 21 Dec 2013, 4:52 pm

Anybody who has any suggestions/ideas/rumors of possible 2014 tour city`s?
I`m dying of curiosity!
Looking everyday at Norwegian ticket sites for a future PSB gig in Oslo to pop up. (Electric was #1 over here, we have a good amount of Petheads in Norway and they haven`t had a non-festival gig on Norwegian soil since 2007, so why not?) That is one of my Christmas wishes this year.
Hoping for the best and fingers crossed!

Hoping also that they will return to London on a decent time for me to travel over there...
Call the police, there`s a madman around

Danger

#30 Post by Danger » Mon 23 Dec 2013, 3:41 pm

petheadNOR96 wrote:Anybody who has any suggestions/ideas/rumors of possible 2014 tour city`s?
For sure they will plain in Swiss, Spain, Holland where they did not play this year (only 1 festival gig in Spain) and I hope Italy. They generally play in Northern Europe so maybe you'll have a chance.