London O2 Arena: 21/12/09

For discussion and photos of PSB live performances.
Sturgio

Re: London O2 Arena: 21/12/09

#31 Post by Sturgio » Thu 24 Dec 2009, 12:28 pm

Very good gig and a great set of songs. Love the version of two divided by zero.

However, there were too many people standing near the front who just stood there doing nothing or trying to film the concert on cameras. I made a point of dancing with carefree abandon to knock into a few of them to mess up their filming. Why do I want to see a camera screen in front of me for 2 hours?!

bobblekat

#32 Post by bobblekat » Thu 24 Dec 2009, 12:33 pm

pauldj wrote:
An absolutely fabulous show. I had already attended the summer concerts, and yet, got emotional and had goose bumps all over again!
[...]

I have no idea how, the music at moments became literally mesmerizing and touching. One example: Kings Cross. Absolutely stunning.
I have to agree, the middle section was actually hugely emotional for me, I felt a little stupid, but I cried all the way through Do I have to? and Kings Cross - it was simply stunning!!! :D

And to think I nearly didn't go, I would have missed out on SOOOO much.
I went fishing with Salvador Dali; he used a dotted line.

speee

#33 Post by speee » Sat 26 Dec 2009, 10:10 am

Just come back to Italy from my London vacation including the O2 concert.
Wonderful show! The best I've seen from the boys.
Feel very proud that almost everyone on the first row carried the PSB balloon I designed.
Greetings to every fan I had the chance to meet.
spEE.

spuddybuddyuk

#34 Post by spuddybuddyuk » Sun 27 Dec 2009, 5:22 pm

Had a nightmare journey getting there.Left home(Dorset) at 1pm and got to holiday inn express near o2 at 9pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stuck in traffic for 8 hours!!!!!!!!!!!

Got to the o2 9:30pm so missed the beginning but what a concert.I loved every minute.Everyone near us was really enjoying it and singing along.can't wait for the dvd :D

pauldj

#35 Post by pauldj » Wed 30 Dec 2009, 3:44 pm

speee wrote:Just come back to Italy from my London vacation including the O2 concert.
[...]
Feel very proud that almost everyone on the first row carried the PSB balloon I designed.
Oh! I had the feeling there was an army of us (Italians) over there.
Was yours the balloon with the Bing Crosby line? (..btw was is misspelled?) :-)

Ciao
Paolo

speee

#36 Post by speee » Fri 01 Jan 2010, 3:05 pm

Yes there were tons of italian fans there.
misspelled? really? You wrote Bing Crosby the same way it was printed on the balloons.
Maybe you're referring to the fact it was "are you listening to US" and not "ME".
That was intentional because pictures of Neil and Chris were on the same balloon.
spEE.

Ellie

#37 Post by Ellie » Fri 01 Jan 2010, 5:07 pm

speee wrote:Just come back to Italy from my London vacation including the O2 concert.
Wonderful show! The best I've seen from the boys.
Greetings to every fan I had the chance to meet.
spEE.
Your balloons were great, thanks for giving them to us! I was in the front row over to the left with some friends and we were waving them around all the way through the concert. We've still got our balloons too, although they're going down now. During It Doesn't Often Snow at Christmas, my friend tried to hold her balloon still so that Neil could read it and we think he did!

It was a totally amazing concert (even though I'd already seen the one in June and lots of youtube videos so I knew what to expect!) I think it's the best show PSB have ever done and probably the best show I've ever seen! Just so colourful, energetic, unusual and beautiful - I love Es Devlin's style. The choreography and the mash-up style production of the songs is wonderful too and there is such good attention to detail all the way through. I'm really, really looking forward to the DVD, partly because it's the same concert I was at as well!

I also loved how the confetti after It's a Sin was stars rather than rectangles like before. We were right in the middle of it when it all rained down, which was amazing and I collected a big handful of stars afterwards and put them in my bag.

psb-freak

#38 Post by psb-freak » Fri 01 Jan 2010, 5:31 pm

I have about 10 pieces of the confetti from those 3 shows I went to in Sweden and Finland. Pics from the show`?
Interviewer:
-What would you tell someone about yourself if you wanted to impress them?

Chris:
-I´ve got a 12-inch plonker.

CeejayD

#39 Post by CeejayD » Mon 22 Feb 2010, 7:31 pm

psb-freak wrote:I have about 10 pieces of the confetti from those 3 shows I went to in Sweden and Finland. Pics from the show`?
kind lady operating pc by stage gave me the set list off the monitor! yay!

we had weird seats!.......right on the side of the standing area, great view but missed most of the visual effects!