Vancouver Show

For discussion and photos of PSB live performances.
VanPSBFan

Vancouver Show

#1 Post by VanPSBFan »

Well, it's 1:42 a.m. and I just got back from the show. It sucked.
NOT!!!!!!!! Seriously, it was the best show I have ever seen. Hands down.
The PSB sounded awesome-really loud!!! No real deviations in the set list, so
if you saw previous set lists it was pretty much the same, but still wicked.
There was a dj who played from 8-til 9 ish then the boys came on and just
rocked the joint.

The merchandise was pretty well laid out they had:
the grey t-shirts with dates on the back and PSB on the front, but no Vancouver dates lol
I bought a grey hoodie and a program. Black and white photos mostly, large and nice.
They had all kinds of t-shirts but I was too drunk to pay any attention to the rest.
Black mugs were available with lyrics on them, my sister bought one.

The show aside, I noticed a real comraderie amongst the fans tonight.
This is what shocked me the most, I thought there were gonna be some
serious wankers at the show. But there weren't. I met some awesome
people before the show and that really gave me hope.
I met a lovely couple behind me in line who gave me their signed lanyard!
I nearly started crying right then and there. I told them I couldn't take this
from them but they had two and didn't mind giving it to me. What angels.!!

During the show, I jumped around like a complete monkey and sang all the way through
every song, and now I am completely exhausted. Damn these concerts take alot out of you lol!!
I nearly forgot, they were very liberal with cameras as long as you didnt use the flash nobody cared.

We waited outside after the show but no sign of Neil and Chris after about an hour of waiting.
We were cold so we decided to head out home.

Honestly that was the best night I have ever had.
It happened so quick then it was over. PPSBD: Post pet shop boys depression setting in now.

Night all. :clap:

leahysb

Re: Vancouver Show

#2 Post by leahysb »

Your first line startled me - but it was a HUGE relief to read on to find you had a great time. Yeah, I can appreciate that PPSBD too. Good to read your report - and pleased that you had a ball.
... Che Guevara and Debussy to a disco beat ...

Corina

#3 Post by Corina »

Nice report indeed, I also enjoyed reading it. You are right, the almost instant comraderie amongst the fans at the PSB concerts is a really nice thing. There`s a great common affinity for them after all!

(...but... were you drunk?! :naughty: )
What remains in time
that didn't fade away?

NanookHawaii

#4 Post by NanookHawaii »

VanPSBFan wrote: During the show, I jumped around like a complete monkey and sang all the way through
every song, and now I am completely exhausted. Damn these concerts take alot out of you lol!!
I nearly forgot, they were very liberal with cameras as long as you didnt use the flash nobody cared.

We waited outside after the show but no sign of Neil and Chris after about an hour of waiting.
We were cold so we decided to head out home.

Honestly that was the best night I have ever had.
It happened so quick then it was over. PPSBD: Post pet shop boys depression setting in now.

Night all. :clap:
Does it feel more like 15 minutes than 90...? 8) Yeah, I know the feelings all too well! Between us the twittering petheads we invented the acronym PIBD - "Pet Induced Brain Damage"

Sorry that you were not able to "ambush" Neil and Chris on their way out the stage door! :wink: I think they are becoming REALLY conservative with greeting fans post-show since that hubbub at Barcelona, Spain during the European leg of the tour! :grumble:

And I agree with you on camera. I DON'T personally bring any to the venues, other than my cam-phone! BUT, my iPhone has no flash anyway, and I am too busy dancing and singing to really snap much of anything! So... no worries there!

BRAVO on the report!! I wish I was there dancing along with you! :dance:

Cheers!
Nanook in Denver
Karmaniye waa dhikaraste, Maa paleshu kadachanaa;
Dharmo rakshak rakshitah, Ahimsa Paramo Dharma.

VanPSBFan

#5 Post by VanPSBFan »

I think I've lost my voice lol. Just got up and everything hurts!

Yeah it seemed to just go for 15 minutes then it was over.

I admit, I had a few drinks before hand, to erm, calm my nerves. :oops:
My fist PSB show and I was really anxious.

I think Neil said something like it was nice to finally come to your
beautiful city. We talked to a roadie outside and he said the entire
team had an awesome three days in Vancouver. Yay!!!

NanookHawaii

#6 Post by NanookHawaii »

VanPSBFan wrote:I think I've lost my voice lol. Just got up and everything hurts!

Yeah it seemed to just go for 15 minutes then it was over.

I admit, I had a few drinks before hand, to erm, calm my nerves. :oops:
My fist PSB show and I was really anxious.

I think Neil said something like it was nice to finally come to your
beautiful city. We talked to a roadie outside and he said the entire
team had an awesome three days in Vancouver. Yay!!!

Aaawww.... next time try dancing sober, Buddy! :wink: I remained on the dry dock for the two concerts that I had attended, and thoroughly ENJOYED IT!

GLAD to hear the Roadies are having an awesome days in Vancouver! So... you may be deciding to stay afterall! :P

Cheers!
Nanook

bohemians.

#7 Post by bohemians. »

Last edited by bohemians. on Thu 11 Nov 2010, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yogi

#8 Post by Yogi »

Just joined and I want to comment on here since I did too went for the Vancouver concert, including the M&G. My seat was front row right in front of Chris.

M&G registration was to start from 4.45pm to 5.15pm with the M&G starting at 5:30pm - sharp as the instruction says. My friend (from Edmonton) was waiting in the alley at the back stage door at 4:30pm. I joined him at 4:45pm. We were the only two fans waiting there. By 5:10pm, I told him we'd better get in queue for the registration but he said, it's just a jog to the front. Let's wait for a couple of minutes. And like magic, a van slowed and stopped right beside us. I saw Neil sitting in the front passenger seat and I squealed! My friend shushed me, "Don't scare them!" We acted cool and said "Hi Neil" when Neil came out. My friend quickly asked if he could take a pic with us. I don't think he was into it but he obliged and took a pic with us!! :) They had a bunch of entourage with them. Chris came out and of course, said no thanks to a pic. He was standing just 1.5ft in front of me answering my friend's question (can't remember what). They all went in and we quickly jogged to the front. We went to the wrong end of the queue. Instead of the back, we were in front but the guys there first said it was ok. So, my friend & I were the first two.

Registration was late; so M&G started late. We were herded into the auditorium. Sound check was being done. And we were first to meet Neil & Chris. When they saw us, Chris exclaimed, "It's you two again!" We laughed and he just took my VIP laminate and sign it. He asked if I was from Vancouver. I asked for a hug and Chris said, "I don't do hugs". (I just read he hugged one of the members from Hawaii who relocated to Denver - lucky you!) My friend was talking to Neil. I asked if they had a good time clubbing last night (they twittered that they needed two IDs to get in). Neil said he got in with 1 ID. It was a very rushed 20 seconds M&G. I am so jealous of you guys who had at least a minute chatting with them. Before we knew it, the woman there showed us out. At first we thought that maybe it was because we saw them in the alley and hence our M&G was so short but the next group came out real fast after us. They too complained it was so fast and rushed.

So I guess, having a pic with Neil was a consolation.

I queued to buy the program (which to my opinion wasn't that impressive) but I was in the cash only line and I had my credit card. They didn't have signs saying this line is cash, this line is credit cards. I didn't want to queue again. We went to our seats and chatted with fans. The woman behind us said they were in a group of 3 in the M&G and they had a minute of chat with Neil & Chris.

After the concert, we didn't bother to wait for them. We saw the same van parked in the alley right outside the back stage door as we were walking back. My friend & I thought of ambushing the Boys again in the alley but we thought, "Nah". So I guess that's why VanPSBFan didn't see PSB going out to the bus.

Dipso

#9 Post by Dipso »

A 20-second meet and greet? :shock:

Can I ask how much that cost?
Prick up your ears.

billiejo

#10 Post by billiejo »

It seems a great shame that these expensive M & G's vary so much in time. However, you have all had something to treasure hopefully - here in Britain we have had no such opportunity :cry: I am not complaining because I have a second concert to look forward to at Christmas.

Welcome to you Yogi

Yogi

#11 Post by Yogi »

Paid USD89.50 (or something) for the whole VIP package.

20 seconds M&G plus front row seats! :)

VanPSBFan

#12 Post by VanPSBFan »

So, because of you lot from Alberta, I had to sit in the dress circle?
Just playin. Thats so cool you got to meet them. I missed getting the vip package cause
I was too busy to even be on the internet.
So, when you bought the vip package, did you choose your seats?
How did the thing work? Cause next time, I aint sittin in the dress circle lol!
Funny thing is I met quite a few people from Alberta and all over the place, not just Vancouver.
You wouldnt happen to be from "the Albert Contingent" I met on the second floor? And we all waited outside
after the show?

Yogi

#13 Post by Yogi »

VanPSBFan wrote:So, when you bought the vip package, did you choose your seats?
How did the thing work? Cause next time, I aint sittin in the dress circle lol!
Funny thing is I met quite a few people from Alberta and all over the place, not just Vancouver.
Actually, I was busy on the day of the presale and I got my friend in Alberta to buy the tickets, LOL!! You can't choose the seats but we got front row. Another woman from the M&G got the seat behind us and two guys from the US (M&G too) were like a couple of rows back. So, I think it's up to the computer and luck.

The show was supposed to be sold out but I met two determined couple who waited at the box office to buy tickets while the M&G was going on. Actually, the people I met at the box office all got tickets so I guess it wasn't completely sold out "as advertised" :)

NanookHawaii

#14 Post by NanookHawaii »

Yogi wrote:And like magic, a van slowed and stopped right beside us. I saw Neil sitting in the front passenger seat and I squealed! My friend shushed me, "Don't scare them!" We acted cool and said "Hi Neil" when Neil came out. My friend quickly asked if he could take a pic with us. I don't think he was into it but he obliged and took a pic with us!! :)
YOU are so... very lucky, Yogi! I am HAPPY for you that you've got a chance to take a picture with Neil, even when Chris would not! Congrats!!! That's an experience most of us don't have anymore.
Yogi wrote:Registration was late; so M&G started late. We were herded into the auditorium. Sound check was being done. And we were first to meet Neil & Chris. When they saw us, Chris exclaimed, "It's you two again!" We laughed and he just took my VIP laminate and sign it. He asked if I was from Vancouver.
Oooohhh... That is SO... Chris Lowe! He's so upbeat and excited over small things that may not even mean much coming from anyone else (except of course... Neil!), which really gives me an uplifting feelings each time I see them! :up:
Yogi wrote: I asked for a hug and Chris said, "I don't do hugs". (I just read he hugged one of the members from Hawaii who relocated to Denver - lucky you!)
Mea Culpa! That was me who managed to GIVE them hugs, NOT ask for one :wink:
Yogi wrote: My friend was talking to Neil. I asked if they had a good time clubbing last night (they twittered that they needed two IDs to get in). Neil said he got in with 1 ID. It was a very rushed 20 seconds M&G. I am so jealous of you guys who had at least a minute chatting with them. Before we knew it, the woman there showed us out. At first we thought that maybe it was because we saw them in the alley and hence our M&G was so short but the next group came out real fast after us. They too complained it was so fast and rushed.
Sheess!! 20-seconds Meet & Greet... I'd be having Andy's head on a silver plate for that...! :evil: (Well... NOT really, Andy! Don't worry!) It's a TOTAl outrage! You guys PAID for the bloody Meet & Greet pass to be with with them, and this is NOT a signing where you just get signed and move on! :grumble:
Yogi wrote: So I guess, having a pic with Neil was a consolation.
That's a memory and momento you'll treasure for life! :D

GREAT report! Thank you for sharing your experiences with us! NOW I don't feel we were so rushed at Los Angeles with approx. 90 seconds Meet & Greet!

Cheers!
N

Yogi

#15 Post by Yogi »

Andy was sooooooooooo serious as he counted us in groups and herded us in. He acted as if he could bite your head off if you were to give a slight protest.