Are you going to the show in LAS VEGAS?

For discussion and photos of PSB live performances.
Message
Author
Shari
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue 08 Sep 2009, 2:44 am
Contact:

Re: Are you going to the show in LAS VEGAS?

#16 Post by Shari »

Nope, I agree that they are imperfect, but I feel the 'no pictures' thing is unreasonable... it alienates their core group (me, who has loved them since 1986 and SWORE Chris Lowe was going to fall in love with me and marry me... I was only 11 and too young to realize what was REALLY going on! They ARE entitled to be in crappy moods etc, but $100 per person for a 5 minute audience is a lot - it was a stretch for me but I wanted to do it. I'm glad you are happy with your choice, and I am happy with mine (which doesn't mean I might not stake out the Hard Rock Hotel looking for them :) ) I dreamed of getting a picture taken and framing it with a signed copy of actually record cover and putting it in my office for inspiration and I think anything less would have disappointed me... doesn't mean I love them any less, just means some loves are meant to happen from a distance. :) I don't understand the reason for no pictures (wanna ask for me? :) ) so its better I didn't go and continue to love them! (and my expectations of meeting them might be impossibly high... so therefore unrealistic!)

NanookHawaii
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat 26 Jul 2008, 8:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Are you going to the show in LAS VEGAS?

#17 Post by NanookHawaii »

Shari wrote:Nope, I agree that they are imperfect, but I feel the 'no pictures' thing is unreasonable... it alienates their core group (me, who has loved them since 1986 and SWORE Chris Lowe was going to fall in love with me and marry me... I was only 11 and too young to realize what was REALLY going on! They ARE entitled to be in crappy moods etc, but $100 per person for a 5 minute audience is a lot - it was a stretch for me but I wanted to do it. I'm glad you are happy with your choice, and I am happy with mine (which doesn't mean I might not stake out the Hard Rock Hotel looking for them :) ) I dreamed of getting a picture taken and framing it with a signed copy of actually record cover and putting it in my office for inspiration and I think anything less would have disappointed me... doesn't mean I love them any less, just means some loves are meant to happen from a distance. :) I don't understand the reason for no pictures (wanna ask for me? :) ) so its better I didn't go and continue to love them! (and my expectations of meeting them might be impossibly high... so therefore unrealistic!)
Too bad you were not at the 1986 signing in LA - when the queue was mostly filled with girls, and kisses were abundant! :wink: I have NO doubt that when an 11 year old girl asks for a kiss, Chris would have given it to you BACK THEN! :lol:

I had hugged my brothers! So I am happy with that :wink: And I am one of those rarities who's sincerely NEVER felt sexual attraction to the Boys - from the get go. Honestly! I would have LOVED to have Chris as my big brother! He's the type I would jump on and rough-tumble with as a kid (who played with boys too much, and NOT enough girls ...oh well! :lol: )

And I would have LOVED Neil as an older brother I could actually respect and listen to - especially when you'd listen to nobody else, least of all your parents and your teachers when I was attending Regina Pacis High. :twisted:

One of my high school best friend who was very religious and a Hindu told me, "...you adopted them as you brothers on the last Raksha Bandhan! You will never feel any romance towards them now!"

My response to her at the time was simple... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :mrgreen: BUT, twenty some years later... I HAVE to say Mallika was right! I never did EVER felt sexual attraction towards Neil and Chris, but had ALWAYS respected them and felt "obliged" (OH GOD! :lol: ) to honor them since!

I guess I am the exception - NOT the rule! Oh GOD... Amen! :pray:

Cheers!
Nanook
Karmaniye waa dhikaraste, Maa paleshu kadachanaa;
Dharmo rakshak rakshitah, Ahimsa Paramo Dharma.

Shari
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue 08 Sep 2009, 2:44 am
Contact:

Re: Are you going to the show in LAS VEGAS?

#18 Post by Shari »

Funny how you would say that you love them as brothers - I don't love them at all, not as people. I love their work :) I suppose I've met too many celebrities to expect that they would be anything like I think... Art Garfunkle yelled at me, TPain looked right through me, Bill OReilly bitched at me, (ok... that's not a stretch) and Hugh Jackman spent 10 minutes with me (for an interview) and spent the entire time looking in my eyes and (appearing to) truly paid attention to what I was saying and answered appropriately. And Akon hugged me... you just never know what you are going to get. My 'Chris' fantasies were mostly about someone taking me out of my crappy family situation and loving me. AND I was an anglophile even then!

I don't know them as people, but as artists, for whatever reason they write what they do, its speaks to me.... some of it echos my thoughts exactly! Its a magical thing that I think all of their 'core fans' experience in their own way. It seems that they appreciate the fans and that we come out to the tours, which is more than some.

It would interesting to see how everyone out there 'relates' to them and their music... many, I'm sure, relate to their struggles as gay men... or their opinions on politics... or love... as friends, potential lovers, artists... I'm sure most have a unique story - that would be an interesting group to compile! Ha... now that I say that, I might post in the main forum...

How long 'til Saturday? :)

alp3
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon 13 Mar 2006, 9:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Are you going to the show in LAS VEGAS?

#19 Post by alp3 »

Just got some good tix to the show. Can't wait!

User avatar
Young Offender
Posts: 1280
Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Are you going to the show in LAS VEGAS?

#20 Post by Young Offender »

They started the no picture thing for the fundamental tour, i saw them in l.a. two nights at the wiltern and also at the book signing at the virgin megastore in hollywood just before the concert.

Security told everyone at the signing "NO Pictures allowed", before the wiltern show and after the wiltern show they signed stuff for fans outside of the back stage door and again security yelled "No pictures allowed".

I was able to get back stage at the second night at the wiltern talking with both of them at the same time and me and my friend asked them if we can take a picture and chris walked away and neil posed for pictures with both of us.

When I got backstage for nightlife tour in l.a. after the show they let us take pictures with them also.

Also for Release tour they let us take pictures with them before the show, this no picture thing sucks.

billiejo
Posts: 1124
Joined: Wed 09 Aug 2006, 9:02 am
Contact:

Re: Are you going to the show in LAS VEGAS?

#21 Post by billiejo »

I suppose the no pics thing depends on the mood they are in, the way they are approached and whether they are having a bad hair day or whatever!!!

User avatar
Young Offender
Posts: 1280
Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Are you going to the show in LAS VEGAS?

#22 Post by Young Offender »

Does anyone know what time the meet and greet is scheduled to start in vegas?

I'm going to a hockey game at the mgm that starts at 6 then need to rush over to the hard rock, hockey games are usually 3 hrs, plus time to walk to car and drive to the hard rock.

User avatar
Young Offender
Posts: 1280
Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Are you going to the show in LAS VEGAS?

#23 Post by Young Offender »

Just got this email fromthe Hard Rock, Nice to see the boys on an email.

http://view.hardrockspecials.com/?j=fe9 ... 7d731c&r=0

alp3
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon 13 Mar 2006, 9:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Are you going to the show in LAS VEGAS?

#24 Post by alp3 »

Maybe just me, but I find it hard to believe that the boys didn't want pics at M&G.
C'mon...even Andrew Eldritch don't mind a pic or two. More like Concert Maps doesn't want fans to delay the M&G process right down to what the boys will and will not sign. I'd be pissed if the organizers started hustling us.

User avatar
BecciJ
Posts: 764
Joined: Sat 02 Jun 2007, 9:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Are you going to the show in LAS VEGAS?

#25 Post by BecciJ »

alp3 wrote:Maybe just me, but I find it hard to believe that the boys didn't want pics at M&G.
C'mon...even Andrew Eldritch don't mind a pic or two. More like Concert Maps doesn't want fans to delay the M&G process right down to what the boys will and will not sign. I'd be pissed if the organizers started hustling us.
I was talking to Neil before the US M&Gs and when this was mentioned he said that with the amount of people who were attending some of the M&Gs it would not be feasible in terms of time to take pics with everybody. I THINK he said there was more than 100 VIPs at some of the gigs scheduled, but I may have misheard. So that is the official reason...

User avatar
Mikki73
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri 05 Jun 2009, 5:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Are you going to the show in LAS VEGAS?

#26 Post by Mikki73 »

Just chatting with a friend who's at the LA gig right now. She estimated around 100 people or so for the M&G. She also said that this has to have been the quickest M&G so far that she's been to on this tour. They pretty much hustled people through, only letting them have a couple minutes with the Pets. I would have to agree with Neil's statement about it not being feasible to let everyone have a photo op with them.
Don't like much really, do I?
But what I do like I love passionately

Shari
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue 08 Sep 2009, 2:44 am
Contact:

Re: Are you going to the show in LAS VEGAS?

#27 Post by Shari »

I think if its not feasible, don't do it. Have less people at the M&G. We're the hard core fans, they should respect us as we respect them.

I spoke to the Concert Maps people, they definitely said it was the PSBs who set that.

alp3
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon 13 Mar 2006, 9:27 pm
Contact:

Re: Are you going to the show in LAS VEGAS?

#28 Post by alp3 »

Just came back from the gig in LA

M&G was indeed about 100 pple. We arrived late and ended up being in the back of the pack. I must say, it pays to be in the back. Cos while they did hustle the 2/3rds of the line, when it was down to 15 pple or so, we had more time with the Boys. Now I wished I had a camera. :cry:

User avatar
Young Offender
Posts: 1280
Joined: Tue 28 Oct 2003, 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Are you going to the show in LAS VEGAS?

#29 Post by Young Offender »

alp3 wrote:Just came back from the gig in LA

M&G was indeed about 100 pple. We arrived late and ended up being in the back of the pack. I must say, it pays to be in the back. Cos while they did hustle the 2/3rds of the line, when it was down to 15 pple or so, we had more time with the Boys. Now I wished I had a camera. :cry:
I was near the front of the M & G probably like 20th, it was very rushed, no more than 1-2 minutes a quick hello and sign your laminate and maybe something else and that was it.

User avatar
TheMatrix
Posts: 441
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 8:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Are you going to the show in LAS VEGAS?

#30 Post by TheMatrix »

Can somebody give me the set list for Vegas? Thanks.
Stay the course or change it up?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest