Exact Setlist on the current gigs

For discussion and photos of PSB live performances.
Flaffer

Re: Exact Setlist on the current gigs

#16 Post by Flaffer »

Danger wrote:
Flaffer wrote:Neil sang In The Night during the 2 divided by zero/WDWLT bit IIRC. I heard it at O2 and on a Youtube clip
Can you post the link? I'm curious and I didn't notice in London.. :roll:
here you go sorry for the delay - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-JutD7XEW8 it's at about the 6.40 mark
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

Hillbilly

#17 Post by Hillbilly »

Two questions:
1) Why is there a keyboard at the left side of the stage? Nobody plays it, except for when the backing singers stand behind it during "Heart" and one of them touches it briefly (maybe in another song).

2) Why doesn't Neil mention Pete Gleadall when he presents the people on stage? Sure, he's not on stage but as the Musical Director I assume he stands with his machines behind the stage? I remember for the last tour Neil presented Peter Schwarz who was MD then.

Danger

#18 Post by Danger »

Hillbilly wrote:Two questions:
1) Why is there a keyboard at the left side of the stage? Nobody plays it, except for when the backing singers stand behind it during "Heart" and one of them touches it briefly (maybe in another song)..
I don't know, maybe to make a more complete stage. The bs stand behind it even for Pandemonium-Can You Forgive Her? and so probably for the first time of the setlist.
Hillbilly wrote:2) Why doesn't Neil mention Pete Gleadall when he presents the people on stage? Sure, he's not on stage but as the Musical Director I assume he stands with his machines behind the stage? I remember for the last tour Neil presented Peter Schwarz who was MD then.
Quite strange even for the last tour, Pete is been presented by Neil, I think that he deserves it 'cos is, at the end, the boss of the band :wink: -as MD-.

diana

#19 Post by diana »

The best song of the album - More than a dream - only a intro? Strange!

Dreaming of the Queen
visiting for tea
You and her and I
and Lady Di

Hillbilly

#20 Post by Hillbilly »

diana wrote:The best song of the album - More than a dream - only a intro? Strange!
I think it's the worst song on the album, so fine by me! :mrgreen:

Danger

#21 Post by Danger »

Flaffer wrote:here you go sorry for the delay - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-JutD7XEW8 it's at about the 6.40 mark
You're right guy, almost impossible to hear Neil singin' In The Night from the second row when Chris started his walking. :lol:

Lucy

#22 Post by Lucy »

Flaffer wrote:
Danger wrote:
Flaffer wrote:Neil sang In The Night during the 2 divided by zero/WDWLT bit IIRC. I heard it at O2 and on a Youtube clip
Can you post the link? I'm curious and I didn't notice in London.. :roll:
here you go sorry for the delay - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-JutD7XEW8 it's at about the 6.40 mark
I thought the 'in the night' vocals were just added in during WDWLT, because neil had walked off by then..

West End Boy

#23 Post by West End Boy »

I got question, don't want to open a whole new thread for it, so i thought it might fit in here. Hopefully someone who has been at one of their concerts this year can answer it:

Does Neil actually sing every song live at this tour? As I could see on the "Cubism in Concert" DVD, Neil can sing very well live (he sang basically every song live at that tour, didn't he?), but throughout the last couple of days I read lots of reviews concerning the current tour, and some of the people who wrote those reviews complained that Neil mimed a lot of songs. Now either these people didn't get the fact that he has an outstanding voice and his live singing sounds just pretty similar to the CD vesions of the songs, or he really wasn't singing live all the time.

Could somebody who has aleady been to one of the concets of the "Pandemonium Tour" give me any further information on this topic? Because as you know I plan on going to one of their concerts in Germany in december, and to me the fact that he really sings live is very important, so i'd really like to know that he is not miming the majority of the songs. I mean I really can't imagine him not singing live at a world tour, but i was actually a bit confused because a lot of people writing those reviews claimed he was miming, so i hope somebody in this forum can put things staight. Furthermore, Neil mimed or at least double-tracked basically every live TV performance featuring songs taken from the new album, which also made me have doubts about whether he sings live at those concerts...
From summer warmth to sudden cold

Danger

#24 Post by Danger »

Almost all the TV performances of every singer are in playback. But for what I've seen in London, Neil is still goin' on to play well live as for the last tour. Even if I think that one or two true backin' singers could be useful for some songs (West End girls or Always on my mind for example).

TheGardner

#25 Post by TheGardner »

yes, all tracks on the current tour are live! But for TV appearances nobody is allowed to sing live. All performances in TV shows are to backing tapes.

Danger

#26 Post by Danger »

TheGardner wrote:All performances in TV shows are to backing tapes.
Yes, it's much simple to set the performance in this way for a short apparence, playback gives less problem than a live perforamnce on TV shows.

Lucy

#27 Post by Lucy »

West End Boy wrote:I got question, don't want to open a whole new thread for it, so i thought it might fit in here. Hopefully someone who has been at one of their concerts this year can answer it:

Does Neil actually sing every song live at this tour? As I could see on the "Cubism in Concert" DVD, Neil can sing very well live (he sang basically every song live at that tour, didn't he?), but throughout the last couple of days I read lots of reviews concerning the current tour, and some of the people who wrote those reviews complained that Neil mimed a lot of songs. Now either these people didn't get the fact that he has an outstanding voice and his live singing sounds just pretty similar to the CD vesions of the songs, or he really wasn't singing live all the time.

Could somebody who has aleady been to one of the concets of the "Pandemonium Tour" give me any further information on this topic? Because as you know I plan on going to one of their concerts in Germany in december, and to me the fact that he really sings live is very important, so i'd really like to know that he is not miming the majority of the songs. I mean I really can't imagine him not singing live at a world tour, but i was actually a bit confused because a lot of people writing those reviews claimed he was miming, so i hope somebody in this forum can put things staight. Furthermore, Neil mimed or at least double-tracked basically every live TV performance featuring songs taken from the new album, which also made me have doubts about whether he sings live at those concerts...
yes it was all live. I saw them on this tour :D
no miming to any songs!

bands/singers often mime on tv, especially for a short performance as it is easier...

spooky

#28 Post by spooky »

Hillbilly wrote:Two questions:
2) Why doesn't Neil mention Pete Gleadall when he presents the people on stage? Sure, he's not on stage but as the Musical Director I assume he stands with his machines behind the stage? I remember for the last tour Neil presented Peter Schwarz who was MD then.
Peter Schwartz was only with them during the "Nightlife" Tour.

TheGardner

#29 Post by TheGardner »

for the protocol:

Love comes quickly and Being boring were missing on the Dour festival!

Gothboy

#30 Post by Gothboy »

TheGardner wrote:for the protocol:

Love comes quickly and Being boring were missing on the Dour festival!
Uh oh. :grumble: They better not drop these 2 for the US dates as I've never seen them.
Dymaxion Vehicle @ www.myspace.com/273476107