Texas?

For discussion and photos of PSB live performances.
h1976s

Texas?

#1 Post by h1976s » Thu 18 Jun 2009, 12:49 pm

It's strange that the boys aren't playing any dates in Texas at all. They Usually play Dallas and Houston, and on Fundy they played Austin. May not be able to see them at all this time unless I can make it to LV or something. :-(

NJTom

Re: Texas?

#2 Post by NJTom » Thu 18 Jun 2009, 1:31 pm

I guess they lost money on the Texas shows last time, tho they did book suprisingly big venues. You never know something may open up in a suitable venue.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Half my brain tied behind my back, just to make it fair."

TheGardner

#3 Post by TheGardner » Thu 18 Jun 2009, 2:31 pm

can't believe that 'losing money in the past' could be the reason!
Can somebody check who's playing in the theatres in Houston and Dallas between Sep. 27 and Oct. 10

or maybe these are dates, which aren't confirmed yet! The States tour ends aprupt on Sep. 26 in Vegas - just at a Location, which is near enough to jump over to Texas and then to Mexico... So let's see, maybe I'll get some more US venues!
...tonight he's working in the midnight shift, arriving at ten
learning how slowly twelve can turn into seven AM...

maxboyd

#4 Post by maxboyd » Fri 19 Jun 2009, 3:49 am

TheGardner wrote:can't believe that 'losing money in the past' could be the reason!
Can somebody check who's playing in the theatres in Houston and Dallas between Sep. 27 and Oct. 10

or maybe these are dates, which aren't confirmed yet! The States tour ends aprupt on Sep. 26 in Vegas - just at a Location, which is near enough to jump over to Texas and then to Mexico... So let's see, maybe I'll get some more US venues!
Oh your right ... where the hell is Mexico. They alwasy to got Mexico.
Se A Vida E
USA Pethead
You don't have to be in Who's Who to know What's What!

Your Funny Uncle

#5 Post by Your Funny Uncle » Fri 19 Jun 2009, 1:14 pm

PSB have a really big following in Mexico. I wonder how many Texans were at last night's Manchester gig? I know there were at least four Mexicans.
We are star stuff which has taken its destiny into its own hands. The loom of time and space works the most astonishing transformations of matter. We are a way for the universe to know itself.

TheGardner

#6 Post by TheGardner » Fri 19 Jun 2009, 4:04 pm

hehehe! Guess you got him... :D

I'm sure they will play Mexico City again on this tour!

territorygal

#7 Post by territorygal » Sun 21 Jun 2009, 2:04 pm

And to think that all those years living in Texas, they were performing right on my doorstep. :cry:
And everything about tonight feels right and so young
And anything I'd want to say out loud will be sung
It's in the music...

Pet Shop Girl

#8 Post by Pet Shop Girl » Tue 21 Jul 2009, 4:10 am

I have a lot of friends that are from there and were telling me how rare it is for the boys to skip over such a huge state in the US. They have always played in Texas on each North American tour, so is quite a rarity. Texas is right on top of Mexico, so to say they have a big following there and not in Texas is a bit strange.

TheGardner

#9 Post by TheGardner » Tue 21 Jul 2009, 7:29 am

just see this small 3-days gap between Sep. 26th and Oct. 1st - so there still is hope a bit!
Danger, what day is Monterrey????

Danger

#10 Post by Danger » Tue 21 Jul 2009, 5:52 pm

TheGardner wrote: Danger, what day is Monterrey????
Here I am :lol: Monterrey gig (still to be confirmed) is scheduled for 29/09. So there are only 2 days between Las Vegas and the first Mexican gig, I fear too few to play another concert.
But remember that they've forgotten to play in this tour in Italy, Greece, Norway, Austria and East Europe (only 2 gigs in Russia)... :cry: :x So I'm not so surprised if they will not play in Texas :wall:

Pet Shop Girl

#11 Post by Pet Shop Girl » Wed 22 Jul 2009, 2:43 am

I thought it was five days before Mexico that they had left after Vegas. Texas is a much larger state then Nevada, so does not make sense to skip over such a big place. But they are going to Florida during what is known as hurricane season and Florida gets hit mostly each year with storms. Texas gets them every 10 or 20 years. Anyway, will be interesting to see. Andrea, have they played in those countries each tour?

Danger

#12 Post by Danger » Wed 22 Jul 2009, 1:26 pm

Pet Shop Girl wrote:Andrea, have they played in those countries each tour?
Not in each tour but often:
- Nightlife Tour: they played in Norway, Austria, Czech Republic and in Greece (2 nights in Athens), Poland, Hungary and Baltic countires (durin' the 2000 summer leg),
- Release Tour: they played in Greece and Italy,
- Fundamental Tour: they played in a lot of countries in East Europe in 2006 or in 2007 and then in Italy and Norway,

territorygal

#13 Post by territorygal » Wed 22 Jul 2009, 9:23 pm

And everything about tonight feels right and so young
And anything I'd want to say out loud will be sung
It's in the music...

Pet Shop Girl

#14 Post by Pet Shop Girl » Thu 23 Jul 2009, 4:24 am

Well Andrea, will just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

kimphilby

#15 Post by kimphilby » Fri 24 Jul 2009, 10:05 am

Pet Shop Girl wrote:I have a lot of friends that are from there and were telling me how rare it is for the boys to skip over such a huge state in the US. They have always played in Texas on each North American tour, so is quite a rarity. Texas is right on top of Mexico, so to say they have a big following there and not in Texas is a bit strange.
Texas and Mexico may be relatively close, geographically, but one is a hardcore Republican state populated by bigots, the other is an amazing country populated by more liberal minded, easy going folk who LOVE quality pop music.