Did you see me coming? Ralphi R

Archive for quick access to detailed information about the band.
York Minster

Did you see me coming? Ralphi R

#1 Post by York Minster »

I heard another PSB song in public today. It's a rarity. At the gym they played the Ralphi Radio Edit of Did you see me coming?. And I must say, it fit right in with the total crap awful dance remixes they usually play. Neil's voice over a bouncy thin beat doesn't do much for me. If I didn't know any other PSB music, and this was the first I heard, I would dismiss it as "crap gym music". Why not play the PSB version edit or unicorn kid mix. It's still kind of exciting to hear it in public though. My gym almost never plays any PSB, but for some reason plays Erasure's Sunday Girl. Not like the jocks give a damn about any of it. With the type of people at my gym I wonder why they don't play rock.
And tryin' to figure out what happened to 'Germaine Propaine'
"He couldn't have fell off that hard" Ain't no way
"What happened to the way you was rappin' when you was scandalous
That Canibus turned into a television evangelist"
Plus he raps with his regular voice [BOOSH! BOOSH!]
[BOOSH! BOOSH!] (What was that?) Pet Shop Boys

kennytosh

Re: Did you see me coming? Ralphi R

#2 Post by kennytosh »

I don't think it's a bad remix (though not amazing) but it's probably the most "mainstream" sounding club mix than any of the others. I've been tempted numerous times to put the Unicorn Kid remix on a mix CD to play in my work but Unicorn Kid's music is so harsh sounding that it's not the best to play in public (I personally love his stuff). Similarly with the PSB mix, it's not really the kind of sound most people think of when they think of remixes.

EDIT: Speaking of Unicorn Kid, I just remembered that he played an instrumental version of his remix when he supported PSB in Glasgow last year. It was magical, even though I seemed to be the only person in the first few rows that was getting into it

whateverman42

#3 Post by whateverman42 »

As of now, 17 of the 49 topics on the front page have been created by Firth of Forth (I have time to kill...). Maybe some restraint? We all have opinions on PSB, but we don't air every one for public consumption. Just... I dunno, there's a lot of people who post and a lot who just read and its a bit unfair for your voice to be so abundant. But I won't say anything about it again, just my two cents.

York Minster

#4 Post by York Minster »

And if I didn't post there would be only 32 topics to read in the same period. Like Drico said whateverman, my posts would be lost in the sea if there was the amount of people in here that were in here a year ago. And some of my posts, such as PSB Types and Song Game are popular enough. A post like this is going to appeal only to people who are deep into the boys and have all the mixes. For those that don't they will likely ignore this, or open and close it. Not a big deal. Many of my posts are general and see a lot of discussion, such as PSB song with best bass or best B-sides from an album.

It is my opinion that not enough people are creating topics, and that as soon as they do, I'll sit back an relax ; ) So quit complaining about me and start your own threads. Or else I feel a post about the merits of the DYCMC fake Abercrombie version coming on!

And btw, what DO you think about this remix?

York Minster

#5 Post by York Minster »

As you may also know, it's exciting to hear ANY PSB track outside of the super common 80s songs on US radio or in public in the US. I get excited, you should get that way too.

Posh Boy

#6 Post by Posh Boy »

FirthofForth wrote:As you may also know, it's exciting to hear ANY PSB track outside of the super common 80s songs on US radio or in public in the US. I get excited, you should get that way too.
Yes, it's all too rare these days :(
"Your boring face I love it"

kennytosh

#7 Post by kennytosh »

FirthofForth wrote:As you may also know, it's exciting to hear ANY PSB track outside of the super common 80s songs on US radio or in public in the US. I get excited, you should get that way too.
I think it's rare just about anywhere. I remember bumping into a friend of mine in a store a few weeks ago and we were chatting away, catching up on how we've been. We were talking about gigs we had been to and, literally a few seconds after mentioning that PSB was the last gig I went to, Did You See Me Coming? (the original) came on the in-store radio. It was awesome.

York Minster

#8 Post by York Minster »

That is awesome. I kind of always assumed they got a lot more airplay in the UK than the US. And of course they do in terms of interviews and special concerts and such. But I hear of many new fans who until recently didn't know many of the classics or it was Flamboyant or Robbie who got them into the boys. I would have assumed if they lived in the UK they would have heard many PSB songs over the years.