It's Alright 10" - Rare Mispress Version

Archive for quick access to detailed information about the band.
simondaw2000

It's Alright 10" - Rare Mispress Version

#1 Post by simondaw2000 » Sun 01 Jan 2006, 1:19 pm

Hi

I'm new to the list, but have liked PSB on and off since the 85 release of West End girls. I wanted to tell you all about the very rare mispressed 10" of It's Alright that I have put up for sale on eBay.

According to TheGardner, this is only the second copy of the mispressed 10" that has come to his attention. Instead of the alternative mixes, it contains the standard 7" version and the Extended DISCO Mix. More details here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 4815604243

I have decided to try and sell it to get some funds to start filling in the gaps that I have in my collection. I look forward to being on this forum and hope you don't mind the blatant advertisement!

Simon

Janet Street-Porter

#2 Post by Janet Street-Porter » Sun 01 Jan 2006, 2:06 pm

You don't happen to have a promo of Fundamental lying around, do you?

simondaw2000

#3 Post by simondaw2000 » Sun 01 Jan 2006, 2:12 pm

Unfortunately, No.

Simon

i probably would

#4 Post by i probably would » Sun 01 Jan 2006, 5:42 pm

I also have a copy of this "mispressing" not sure how many there are in the world?

Happy new year to everyone!

Joemoz

Re: It's Alright 10" - Rare Mispress Version

#5 Post by Joemoz » Sun 01 Jan 2006, 6:07 pm

simondaw2000 wrote:Hi

I'm new to the list, but have liked PSB on and off since the 85 release of West End girls. I wanted to tell you all about the very rare mispressed 10" of It's Alright that I have put up for sale on eBay.

According to TheGardner, this is only the second copy of the mispressed 10" that has come to his attention. Instead of the alternative mixes, it contains the standard 7" version and the Extended DISCO Mix. More details here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 4815604243

I have decided to try and sell it to get some funds to start filling in the gaps that I have in my collection. I look forward to being on this forum and hope you don't mind the blatant advertisement!

Simon
Actually advertising on the main forum is against the rules now that you ask. There's a for sale/wanted forum for that sort of thing.
It was a cough that carried him off. It was a coffin they carried him off in.

One of the crowd

#6 Post by One of the crowd » Sun 01 Jan 2006, 8:43 pm

i probably would wrote:I also have a copy of this "mispressing" not sure how many there are in the world?

Happy new year to everyone!
I was the first to bring it to The Gardners attention, so there are at least 3 of us.

Where did you get yours from?

i probably would

#7 Post by i probably would » Sun 01 Jan 2006, 10:07 pm

was the first to bring it to The Gardners attention, so there are at least 3 of us.

An ex g/f of mine won a load of stuff from a local radio station - SGR FM - it's a commercial radio station in east anglia, uk. Can't remember what other stuff she won but I can remember her giving it to me and I can remember trying to be pleased but I'd already bought it and I didn't want to seem ungrateful!

I have played it a few times but it's in good nick, I really have no idea how much it might be worth today.

simondaw2000

#8 Post by simondaw2000 » Sun 01 Jan 2006, 10:17 pm

One of the crowd wrote:I was the first to bring it to The Gardners attention, so there are at least 3 of us.

I bought mine from a small independent record shop when it was first released. I never listened to it at the time. It's only now, when I was going through all my vinyl and transferring it to CD, that I realised that I had a mispress. I quickly got myself a standard copy and am now looking to sell the mispress.

I managed to end up with quite a few strange pressings from that shop, especially ZTT stuff. I always assumed they were normal until I started looking at lazlo's discographies on the net!

Simon

StevePSB
Site Admin

#9 Post by StevePSB » Sun 01 Jan 2006, 11:18 pm

Joemoz wrote: Actually advertising on the main forum is against the rules now that you ask. There's a for sale/wanted forum for that sort of thing.
To clarify -

It's not against forum rules as they are written, but a For Sale / Wanted forum was created specifically for this need, so items for sale / wanted should be posted in there.

Posts of this nature made in any other forum will get moved though. ;)

Nice item, btw. Didn't know of it until this thread.

StevePSB

Technotrancemix

#10 Post by Technotrancemix » Mon 02 Jan 2006, 2:30 am

Does this mean I've got to check the matrix numbers on mine..?

One of the crowd

#11 Post by One of the crowd » Mon 02 Jan 2006, 10:30 am

I got mine from Camden Market a good few weeks before release.

I never realised I had a mispress until I won a bunch of tunes on Ebay and I had a "real" copy of the 10"

Chris,

Im afraid youre gonna have to open your copies!!! :wink:
One of the crowd has left the building

DJAMIX

#12 Post by DJAMIX » Mon 02 Jan 2006, 1:32 pm

simondaw2000 wrote: I have decided to try and sell it to get some funds to start filling in the gaps that I have in my collection.
I was just wondering: if you sell that one to fill some gaps in your collection, wouldn't that sale be another gap in your collection? Or would you have 2 copies? :wink:
One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)

Technotrancemix

#13 Post by Technotrancemix » Mon 02 Jan 2006, 1:43 pm

One of the crowd wrote:Im afraid youre gonna have to open your copies!!! :wink:
None of mine were originally sealed anyway. I do have to nwrap them after putting resealable protectors on them though :doh:

simondaw2000

#14 Post by simondaw2000 » Mon 02 Jan 2006, 2:15 pm

DJAMIX wrote:I was just wondering: if you sell that one to fill some gaps in your collection, wouldn't that sale be another gap in your collection? Or would you have 2 copies? :wink:
No, I only have the one copy. For me, a 'gap in my collection' means that I don't have a copy of a particular track or remix. I don't collect all releases in all formats. I try to get a track firstly on CD, or on vinyl if it doesn't exist on CD.

Simon

DJAMIX

#15 Post by DJAMIX » Mon 09 Jan 2006, 9:46 pm

It didn't sell, did it?
One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)