Aurally 4 sale the CD that never saw the light

For forum users to offer their items for sale, and also to share their wanted requests with other forum users.
SIN

Re: Aurally 4 sale the CD that never saw the light

#16 Post by SIN »

I must be seeing things differently to other people....

Same pictures, same description, so to me same bootleg as what was attempted to be sold here on this forum.

Wish

#17 Post by Wish »

I think they mean this one.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pet-Shop-Boys ... 2420661811
Obviously, cheap copy

SIN

#18 Post by SIN »

Of course.....

a bootleg and a bootleg of a bootleg in competed ebay search.

Bruno Republic

#19 Post by Bruno Republic »

Public service announcement: If it's a proper CD and not a CDR (and it appears to be from the images), there's no way only 5 copies were made. First, the setup costs for making the glass master, printing, etc. are such that it's totally impractical, working out to a hundred bucks or more per disc. Anyone who has put in the investment to get it to that point would have pressed more, because once that's out of the way, the actual cost of the discs are almost insignificant. So, silver CDs only become practical if you're making a few hundred copies or more. Go to any CD manufacturer and ask for a quote and you'll find the same thing.

Second, I can't imagine any CD manufacturing facility which would take a job for only five discs, for the same reasons.

Finally... the trouble with boots is that anyone can make them and pass them off as genuine, since they're not legit in the first place. All they need to do is rip the audio from a bunch of youtube videos, throw together a simple cover, and call it "Aurally 5". No guarantee of quality.