Support act for 2006 tour.

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
i probably would

Support act for 2006 tour.

#1 Post by i probably would » Mon 10 Oct 2005, 11:05 pm

Just seen the video for domino dancing by west end girls and it's ok. What do ya all think if they supported the boys on their next tour?

Zeus On The Loose

#2 Post by Zeus On The Loose » Mon 10 Oct 2005, 11:09 pm

I think it would be better if West End Girls were the headline act, really.
Does cameos only.

i probably would

#3 Post by i probably would » Mon 10 Oct 2005, 11:18 pm

Good idea - Way back Neil did say that one day the Pet Shop Boys would change their line up! I keep playing their version of domino dancing and I like it more each time I hear it. Of course Neil and Chris are gods but they can't go on forever and we could have found their replacements :idea:

glennjridge

#4 Post by glennjridge » Tue 11 Oct 2005, 12:25 am

do people still like opening acts? I just find them usually an ok at best pleasant distraction. I dont think I have ever come across a opening band that made me say,wow, they should headline someday.

I dont want appetizers I just want to get straight to the steak.

Trixiemix

#5 Post by Trixiemix » Tue 11 Oct 2005, 12:58 am

glennjridge wrote:do people still like opening acts? I just find them usually an ok at best pleasant distraction. I dont think I have ever come across a opening band that made me say,wow, they should headline someday.

I like the expression 'straight to the steak' :lol:
Opening acts.....this reminds me of when the 'Release' tour was doing the rounds and I went along to Brixton Academy in London. The guy doing the support was not very good (voice was ok, but thats it) and PSB were late. I don't think this guy expected to be on so long and by the end of his act the audience were just about gnawing their own tongues in despair.
As for 'West end Girls' well it would be quite a good 'novelty' warm up before the REAL thing appeared.
Back to Trafalgar.........

Syncratic

#6 Post by Syncratic » Tue 11 Oct 2005, 1:13 am

Actually it's an awful video. I hate smug vidoes that try sooo hard to be cheeky, knowing and smug. There's probably more chance of Hear'Say supporting the Boys.

Flaffer

#7 Post by Flaffer » Tue 11 Oct 2005, 8:21 am

Trixiemix wrote:.....this reminds me of when the 'Release' tour was doing the rounds and I went along to Brixton Academy in London. The guy doing the support was not very good (voice was ok, but thats it) and PSB were late.
wasn't the support Tiga doing a Dj Set and no-one else, or is my mind playing tricks
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

bookshopboy

#8 Post by bookshopboy » Tue 11 Oct 2005, 8:24 am

Flaffer wrote:
Trixiemix wrote:.....this reminds me of when the 'Release' tour was doing the rounds and I went along to Brixton Academy in London. The guy doing the support was not very good (voice was ok, but thats it) and PSB were late.
wasn't the support Tiga doing a Dj Set and no-one else, or is my mind playing tricks
I was thinking about that recently. I'm sure Tiga did a set before PSB at Brixton for the Release tour.

And for the "Uni" tour, they have that god-awful "ARE Weapons" band...... :roll: :lol:

Trixiemix

#9 Post by Trixiemix » Tue 11 Oct 2005, 9:31 am

Flaffer wrote:
'Tiga' ? Maybe, but I remember by the time most had gathered at the front and PSB were overdue on stage everyone around me wanted this guy off ! It was mind gnawing at the time. Didn't he sing ? Oh well, it's a bit of a haze now.
Back to Trafalgar.........

psb-freak

#10 Post by psb-freak » Tue 11 Oct 2005, 9:52 am

As support band they would be ok. :D I´m going to see PSB live next year anyway.
Interviewer:
-What would you tell someone about yourself if you wanted to impress them?

Chris:
-I´ve got a 12-inch plonker.

joncool5

#11 Post by joncool5 » Tue 11 Oct 2005, 10:10 am

A.R.E Weapons was funny as the PSB fans were too polite to say anything!! If it had been any other band they would have been bottled off but as PSB have a fairly sophisticated audience everyone was quiet and patient!!
"In the North-west it rains and it rains. And yet we managed to produce the industrial revolution, trade union movement, the Communist Manifesto and even the goddam computer. Down south, where the sun never sets, you took all our money and what did you produce? Chas and f**king Dave." TONY WILSON

Piotrek

#12 Post by Piotrek » Tue 11 Oct 2005, 10:21 am

glennjridge wrote:do people still like opening acts? I just find them usually an ok at best pleasant distraction. I dont think I have ever come across a opening band that made me say,wow, they should headline someday.

I did see REM earlier this year, and Bright Eyes were the support. I must say that although they didn't match the might of REM, they were actually pretty good.

Chrispsb

#13 Post by Chrispsb » Tue 11 Oct 2005, 10:30 am

I'd like to see Brainstorm as the support.

mindboy

#14 Post by mindboy » Tue 11 Oct 2005, 10:54 am

Erasure! :lol: :wink:
Chris Heath: Why you're surfing?
Chris Lowe: Coz we can!
Neil Tennant: Exactly. :D
(Performance commentary during What have I done to deserve this??)

Chrispsb

#15 Post by Chrispsb » Tue 11 Oct 2005, 10:56 am

*lol*