Could the next studio album, be their last ???

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
bookshopboy

#16 Post by bookshopboy » Fri 07 Oct 2005, 2:28 pm

Henrik Powers wrote:
bookshopboy wrote:This is a stupid overly pessimistic thread.

Neil and Chris are not that old. They'll probably retire when Neil reaches 65 so he can get a state pension and free bus pass.
And , who are u to judge...
I can judge as much as I like...

Vince

#17 Post by Vince » Fri 07 Oct 2005, 2:42 pm

Such speculation is completely unnecessary.
H.A.P.P.I.N.E.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.
S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.

My Poems:
http://wordsunchained.blogspot.com/

DJ Pat

#18 Post by DJ Pat » Fri 07 Oct 2005, 3:35 pm

Nah they will carry on for at least two more albums I reckon.

Zeus On The Loose

#19 Post by Zeus On The Loose » Fri 07 Oct 2005, 4:44 pm

There's been a thread like this in between albums ever since Very.
Does cameos only.

Henry X

#20 Post by Henry X » Fri 07 Oct 2005, 4:49 pm

I think before the internet came out a lot of us would think each album was going to be the last one. Well, at last, I thought that in each release of theirs since "Very" till... well, "Nightlife". I don´t know what to think, actually. I suppose this next one won´t be the last one... but nearly. :?

Nickname

#21 Post by Nickname » Fri 07 Oct 2005, 5:15 pm

Henry X wrote:I think before the internet came out a lot of us would think each album was going to be the last one. Well, at last, I thought that in each release of theirs since "Very" till... well, "Nightlife". I don´t know what to think, actually. I suppose this next one won´t be the last one... but nearly. :?
Of course, I would like this one wasn't the last one but it's a coming back to the essence. This detail could be a good one to think it's going to be the last one (the album PSB did for their dead, apart). But it's only speculation (forums need a little bit of that).

Kris

#22 Post by Kris » Fri 07 Oct 2005, 6:04 pm

Neil and Chris are rare creatures in the music industry in that they actually genuinely seem to love what they do. It's not a case of "right, time to make another album, let's drag ourselves into the studio, yawn" like most bands - they actually seem to be constantly writing and experimenting in the studio because they love writing songs.

Only when they lose that enthusiasm will the end arrive and there's no evidence of that yet when you consider all the projects they've worked on since the start of the new millennium.

I think there are a few albums left in the boys yet. :)
Passion, love, sex, money, violence, religion, injustice and death. More on that story later.

stew

#23 Post by stew » Fri 07 Oct 2005, 6:16 pm

If it was the last and they knew it then they would not have done POPART yet would they?

I just mean if this was the last album why bother putting all the effort into a greatest hits just before album I mean the collection of hits would be missing 2-3 songs would it not?

Nah the boys are too good at what they do and they aint that old really I mean look at meatloaf he is like the same age had heart problems and still doing bloody touring and new albums....

I cant see them doing a last album for another 5 - 10 years my self !!!!

its perfect lifestyle for them now now and music is their life

anyone agree

Janet Street-Porter

#24 Post by Janet Street-Porter » Fri 07 Oct 2005, 7:38 pm

It's a piquant question. They are a pop group and pop groups tend to only last a short time. They are pretty much unique in the length of time they've been around - I don't count rock groups who just endure for ever and ever.

It must be annoying when you bring out a single as magnificent as Miracles which struggles to get airplay because you are a couple of 50 year old men in a pop group while U2's latest bore fest is on heavy rotation because The Edge has always looked that old and Bono still hasn't run out of hair dye.

glennjridge

#25 Post by glennjridge » Fri 07 Oct 2005, 8:23 pm

I dont like this kind of topic simply because Its the kind of negative talk that would make THEM think they are on the way out and near the end of their career.(not that I think they read this forum). its like over reacting and telling someone this birthday might be their last in a way, only in this case the business sense.ie last CD. they have alot more CD's in them I defiently believe.

Very

#26 Post by Very » Fri 07 Oct 2005, 9:16 pm

the last before the last one before the last maybe :mrgreen:
Madrid / Bucharest 2007

BlueSwan

#27 Post by BlueSwan » Sat 08 Oct 2005, 7:17 am

I honestly think they've got 3-4 more albums in them!
http://www.soundcloud.com/blueswan (Blue Swan tracks, my solo tracks and remixes)

http://soundcloud.com/groups/inspired-by-pet-shop-boys (A collection of various artists PSB covers, PSB remixes and original songs inspired by PSB - anyone interested can contribute tracks)

psb-freak

#28 Post by psb-freak » Sat 08 Oct 2005, 10:52 am

They have tons of unreleased songs left and they write new songs all the time. So it´s endless row of songs every time they release new album. Maybe they could use some old demos. Like Budadabadabadabadum. :D
Interviewer:
-What would you tell someone about yourself if you wanted to impress them?

Chris:
-I´ve got a 12-inch plonker.

Pani

#29 Post by Pani » Sat 08 Oct 2005, 10:56 am

Could be ...

Somebody should've done a poll right
out of it. Image

XTZ1969

#30 Post by XTZ1969 » Sat 08 Oct 2005, 11:27 am

:?:
Last edited by XTZ1969 on Sun 12 Sep 2010, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.