PSB on radio 1

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Acelera

#31 Post by Acelera »

nickname wrote:The last PSB song with huge success was Go West (which it's not a PSB song) and the last PSB song with a little success was Se a vida é (another cover). It was the end of PSB career in popularity terms.
I wonder how Flamboyant got into the UK Top 10 then? :wink:

madhatter88

#32 Post by madhatter88 »

Acelera wrote:
nickname wrote:The last PSB song with huge success was Go West (which it's not a PSB song) and the last PSB song with a little success was Se a vida é (another cover). It was the end of PSB career in popularity terms.
It didn't- got to no 12- but Miracles did make top 10-just!

Acelera

#33 Post by Acelera »

madhatter88 wrote:
Acelera wrote:
It didn't- got to no 12- but Miracles did make top 10-just!
Thanks for the correction. Still pretty good for a 20 year old band though, isn't it?

As jamie1978 said, if they release better singles they'll do better. They do have a very faithful following, a big part of which will buy anything they put out. Perhaps we should have voted with our wallet and they would have returned earlier from their creative drought?