How do u think of PSB playing on personal parties for money?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Greendrake

How do u think of PSB playing on personal parties for money?

#1 Post by Greendrake »

I was shocked with this.

Russian showbiz girl Ksenia Sobchuck (DOM-2 reality show leader) was going to have PSB playing on her marriage on July, 1st. Her fiance intended to pay them $200,000.
In the long run, event did not happen due to both Ksenia canceled her marriage and PSB refused to play just because they had to play on Live 8 Moscow the next day.

On july 1st I saw Ksenia visiting the hotel in Moscow where PSB stayed.

Poor boys :?.

shamelessbehave

#2 Post by shamelessbehave »

I don´t know if that´s PSB style...U2 played at Ronaldo and girlfriend "wedding" I think, as well as other artists.
http://www.myspace.com/shamelesssilvia

"It´s fundamental that we do only exist in our own universe. When you like Pet Shop Boys, you are in our world. This is absolutely crucial to our entire outlook...what we do has an incredibly strong identity and applies only to us. It´s a case of not recognising the existence of anybody else!". Neil Tennant.

shaunh7

#3 Post by shaunh7 »

I wouldn't blame them for doing it, I would!!!!

BlueSwan

#4 Post by BlueSwan »

For $200.000 they ought to play AND give blow-jobs to the wedding guests.
http://www.soundcloud.com/blueswan (Blue Swan tracks, my solo tracks and remixes)

http://soundcloud.com/groups/inspired-by-pet-shop-boys (A collection of various artists PSB covers, PSB remixes and original songs inspired by PSB - anyone interested can contribute tracks)

glennjridge

#5 Post by glennjridge »

I would be surpised if they ever did that. something about them tells me they would feel like a sellout playing a marriage or private even if it was for a alot of money.

but then again, they did write shameless.

Zeus On The Loose

#6 Post by Zeus On The Loose »

They obviously would do it. They travel all around the world to play no budget concerts in a tent and make $30.000. Why wouldn't they play at someone's wedding for 200K?
Does cameos only.

Kirk Mack

#7 Post by Kirk Mack »

Bands schill themselves out a lot more than the general fan may think. They would absolutely do it if the money is right...

Aaron

#8 Post by Aaron »

Kirk Mack wrote:Bands schill themselves out a lot more than the general fan may think. They would absolutely do it if the money is right...
Kirk Mack does it voluntarily...

Kirk Mack

#9 Post by Kirk Mack »

I HAVE played quite a few weddings..... :roll:

glennjridge

#10 Post by glennjridge »

just came back from a wedding. when my sister in law came down the walkway to the alter holding her 2 year old I was supposed to take her from her and carry her to the reception area in case she acted up during the rest of the ceremony.in doing so however, as I grabbed the little girl I accidentally got a handful of my sister in laws dress and pulled the front down causing an exposure. tragic.

jamie1978

#11 Post by jamie1978 »

Of course the PSB's would play at a private function, if the money was right. Acts of considerably greater stature certainly do.

tweety

#12 Post by tweety »

Well they're certainly playing at my wedding, without a doubt.
"At one time singers had to use musicians to accompany them. Since synthesizers came along, singers can now play with themselves"

http://petshopboys.proboards58.com

joncool5

#13 Post by joncool5 »

Doubt they'd do it but I said that about Live 8...
"In the North-west it rains and it rains. And yet we managed to produce the industrial revolution, trade union movement, the Communist Manifesto and even the goddam computer. Down south, where the sun never sets, you took all our money and what did you produce? Chas and f**king Dave." TONY WILSON

Aaron

#14 Post by Aaron »

Kirk Mack wrote:I HAVE played quite a few weddings..... :roll:
How many have you had now, Kirky?

Hattom

#15 Post by Hattom »

I didn't know this kind of thing went on - but since it seems it does, I guess it raises the question: which of their songs would be most appropriate to weddings?

A Red Letter Day?
It Always Comes As A Surprise?
Tonight Is Forever?

...Love Is A Catastrophe?!