It Couldn't Happen Here (remastered) on YOUTUBE

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
TwizzleUK

Re: It Couldn't Happen Here (remastered) on YOUTUBE

#16 Post by TwizzleUK »

Please ban him permanently. His comments are toxic.

Greendrake

#17 Post by Greendrake »

I certainly condemn the use of swear words towards interlocutors and totally agree that it alone should warrant a vacation mandate.

However, what frustrates me here is that it's not the (admittedly rare) use of those words that most people expressing discontent with Sage's participation are unhappy about. Rather, it's the attitude. They find his messages "unnecessary", "hateful", "obnoxious", "upsetting", "toxic", making them "angry" etc. regardless of whether swear words are used.

I would have totally no issues with those sentiments if this place was sort of a private club where only certain views, attitudes and styles of communication were welcome. But it seems to me that this place has been positioning itself as a public forum respecting free speech (within clear limits such as the use of swear words) and with no inclination towards favouring any specific views, behaviour patterns or flavours of civilised communication styles.

It seems to me that quite a few members who have expressed discontent with Sage's attitude are attempting to drag this place from a free speech platform into the private club category. I find such a promptitude to curtail the right for civilised nonconformity extremely obnoxious itself.

Spittingcat

#18 Post by Spittingcat »

You can have free speech, and have all opinions aired, without being rude to people just for posting a link.

Greendrake

#19 Post by Greendrake »

Spittingcat wrote: Sun 21 Mar 2021, 1:36 am You can have free speech, and have all opinions aired, without being rude
You certainly can.

There has to be, however, a clear objective test as to whether something is "rude". The use of swear words towards forum members is an example of such a test. Otherwise, "rude" is whatever anyone just feels so. Heck, the mere omitting of ", sir" or ", ma'am" could be seen as rude by some, sir.

Marie loves PSB

#20 Post by Marie loves PSB »

y3potential wrote: Sat 20 Mar 2021, 1:40 pm
Marie loves PSB wrote: Sat 20 Mar 2021, 12:25 pm
y3potential wrote: Sat 20 Mar 2021, 9:52 am

Changed it for you. You need to understand though that Sage has upset so many members here. Some of whom have left and started another group..
I am so sorry y3potential! :oops: I didn't mean you at all. You didn't need to change anything on here. I meant the t*** word Sage put on here! It isn't nice to see. I totally understand what you meant about Sage upsetting other members on here. I don't blame you posting what you did. :)

Thank you x
No Problem Y3potential. x :D

Synthrobot

#21 Post by Synthrobot »

Scottydog wrote: Sat 20 Mar 2021, 3:56 pm
Synthrobot wrote: Sat 20 Mar 2021, 1:32 pm I for one am SICK and TIRED of reading Sage’s critical and rude comments. I tried the button to contact admins but am reading this on a mobile device. I think it’s time for a ban. It makes me angry that in a lovely music discussion forum I have to read these hateful messages nearly every day.
Totally agree. His attitude is totally unnecessary and there is no place for it in a forum such as this. I’m ready to leave.
It's getting that way, I definitely come here less than I used to.