60 second breakdown film

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Nickname

60 second breakdown film

#1 Post by Nickname »

The tune of the @petshopboys ’hit version of the ‘Go West’ song, the advert delivers a clear,single-minded message –go left . Biggest ever @HighwaysNWEST campaign urges drivers to‘go left’ if they break down on motorway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDfdQlSBc6Q&t=60s

RMC

Re: 60 second breakdown film

#2 Post by RMC »

On Apple news
Attachments
BA6A9A1A-437B-4FD5-88A3-7A2169D12CBA.jpeg
BA6A9A1A-437B-4FD5-88A3-7A2169D12CBA.jpeg (839.68 KiB) Viewed 1129 times

daveid

#3 Post by daveid »

One of two cases reported in which the lack of hard shoulder was in the large part responsible for the tragedy

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/0 ... illed-two/

Instead of supporting a madcap Tory scheme to increase traffic on our motorways the boys should be saying no and refusing permission.

Andie

#4 Post by Andie »

Nickname wrote: Wed 10 Mar 2021, 9:19 pm The tune of the @petshopboys ’hit version of the ‘Go West’ song, the advert delivers a clear,single-minded message –go left . Biggest ever @HighwaysNWEST campaign urges drivers to‘go left’ if they break down on motorway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDfdQlSBc6Q&t=60s
Thanks for posting! It was funny, but got the message across!! :D
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

Andie

#5 Post by Andie »

daveid wrote: Thu 11 Mar 2021, 10:09 am One of two cases reported in which the lack of hard shoulder was in the large part responsible for the tragedy

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/0 ... illed-two/

Instead of supporting a madcap Tory scheme to increase traffic on our motorways the boys should be saying no and refusing permission.
The link won't let me read it, but I know that here in Australia there are parts of our freeways/motorways without stopping lanes. So it wouldn't help anyone.
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

tottenhammattspurs

#6 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Fresh from dressing up as a policeman and eating Haribo's.....
is is and isnt isnt

leesmapman

#7 Post by leesmapman »

It's been a good year for PSB's musical legacy

symco

#8 Post by symco »

Will they get any royalties as they didn't write the song?

domino

#9 Post by domino »

symco wrote: Thu 11 Mar 2021, 2:23 pm Will they get any royalties as they didn't write the song?
The PSB version has an additional bridge, written bei Neil and Chris but I don't know if they get royalties when there's only the chorus. :?
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.

Tentenlad

#10 Post by Tentenlad »

They get performing royalties and exposure, maybe a few new fans !

TwizzleUK

#11 Post by TwizzleUK »

Funny this is being promoted as 'Pet Shop Boys". Yes, it's their cover version arrangement of the Village People song, but surely this is just a reproduced soundalike version of their cover made by a library music producer somewhere - as you often get in ads if you listen carefully. There's no actual PSB vocals or original content here, unless my ears deceive me?

boyjohn

#12 Post by boyjohn »

TwizzleUK wrote: Thu 11 Mar 2021, 7:48 pm Funny this is being promoted as 'Pet Shop Boys". Yes, it's their cover version arrangement of the Village People song, but surely this is just a reproduced soundalike version of their cover made by a library music producer somewhere - as you often get in ads if you listen carefully. There's no actual PSB vocals or original content here, unless my ears deceive me?
Yeah, it's just a soundalike. But this has propelled Go West onto the UK iTunes charts again, currently at 178, so I assume it's getting play elsewhere as well. It's at times like this that you wish that PSB had a better coordinated digital team to promote this kind of stuff. They really need a year round strategy to keep people interested, and it seems they only pay attention to promotion when a new album is coming out, and even then somewhat haphazardly.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

Nickname

#13 Post by Nickname »

boyjohn wrote: Thu 11 Mar 2021, 8:56 pm
TwizzleUK wrote: Thu 11 Mar 2021, 7:48 pm Funny this is being promoted as 'Pet Shop Boys". Yes, it's their cover version arrangement of the Village People song, but surely this is just a reproduced soundalike version of their cover made by a library music producer somewhere - as you often get in ads if you listen carefully. There's no actual PSB vocals or original content here, unless my ears deceive me?
Yeah, it's just a soundalike. But this has propelled Go West onto the UK iTunes charts again, currently at 178.
Sorry, it was me. The one who dowloaded the song on UK iTunes, I mean.

Pd: I'm joking. :lol:

Marie loves PSB

#14 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Caught the end of this ad before Gogglebox started last night. Go West was also in and advert quite a while ago for Go Outdoors shops. :)

Marie loves PSB

#15 Post by Marie loves PSB »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Thu 11 Mar 2021, 10:43 am Fresh from dressing up as a policeman and eating Haribo's.....
Lol... I am sure the Haribo eating Policeman used to be in a programme called "Bread" when he was much younger. :)