Sophie Ellis Bextor - It’s a Sin

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
canveyboy

Re: Sophie Ellis Bextor - It’s a Sin

#16 Post by canveyboy »

There you go. All done.
Its taken me all of my life to find you

Future Lover

#17 Post by Future Lover »

You did nothing wrong, and should never surrender to jerks. Better to spite them!

Greendrake

#18 Post by Greendrake »

canveyboy wrote: Sat 20 Feb 2021, 11:05 am Just for you, I shall re-edit it to read ‘karaoke’ instead, ok! Hope that makes you feel less...let down?
No worries, not asking you to change anything. My initial comment was more to let other readers know what the "cover" actually was.

oakey

#19 Post by oakey »

This insta post has been taken down due to copyright infringement…

I love her Kitchen Disco btw, got the signed CD as well

Scottydog

#20 Post by Scottydog »

So now we know how to keep at least a degree of harmony. All it takes is for all the native English speakers and those who are doing their best with it to check their spelling, grammar, definitions and syntax so that we don’t disappoint those who think WE need help.
If I thought what you’d think I wouldn’t even be here.

PSBForTheMasses

#21 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

I loved it :D Watching those cute little ones alone was worth it. Also discovered a new Sophiie song "Bittersweet". Unfortunately she is virtually unknown in Turkey so I am not aware of her repertoire in detail but that song was a nice one.

And some people are born just to complain about anything, about EVERYTHING. I keep this kind of people at bay. They suck your energy; actually they feed ON your energy.

Thank you for posting the link.

tottenhammattspurs

#22 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

For a sheer beautiful heart string pulling wonderful song, seek out “Unrequited” from her “Familia” album. Bought a lump to my throat.
is is and isnt isnt

One of the crowd

#23 Post by One of the crowd »

Looking for something different, I stumbled across this yesterday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4nqvOuKvt8
Fishing

NotInvisible

#24 Post by NotInvisible »

Greendrake wrote: Sat 20 Feb 2021, 10:39 amWhen I see something is called a "cover", I open the video link hoping to hear a real cover, where the artist has made effort to re-invent the song.
The vast majority of covers don't reinvent the song, you donut.

Greendrake

#25 Post by Greendrake »

NotInvisible wrote: Sat 20 Feb 2021, 1:56 pm The vast majority of covers don't reinvent the song, you donut.
That's pretty subjective, you free-range rude.

What's objective is that, as a general rule, covers do not use elements of the original recording (here she copied at least the original intro as is).

tonipsb

#26 Post by tonipsb »

canveyboy wrote: Sat 20 Feb 2021, 11:05 am Jeez...I apologise wholeheartedly for mis-leading you in my post by calling it a cover. I’m so sorry.

Just for you, I shall re-edit it to read ‘karaoke’ instead, ok! Hope that makes you feel less...let down?
I'm not really sure it is a karaoke version though. At the beginning I though it was, but I think it sounds like a slightly different arrangement?

I wouldn't consider myself a fan of Sophie Ellis-Bextor, but I do like some of her hits. Just don't know enough of her stuff. I'd quite like to see her do a proper release of a PSB cover, or maybe an original song written by PSB. I feel like both Neil and Sophie EB have a similarity in that they're not the most powerful vocalists, but have very unique and recognisable singing voices.

Greendrake

#27 Post by Greendrake »

tonipsb wrote: Sat 20 Feb 2021, 3:12 pm I'm not really sure it is a karaoke version though. At the beginning I though it was, but I think it sounds like a slightly different arrangement?
Yes of course it would not be the real original instrumental. (None has officially been released. The leaked multitrack lacks some stems e.g. the drum kit. And it looks like Sophie isn't close to PSB enough to get it). Therefore the track is apparently reconstructed. Some elements e.g. the intro are just copied, others are created from scratch.

Gabby

#28 Post by Gabby »

Well, this thread went sideways fast for no reason. Is nobody entitled to an opinion on this forum?

Future Lover

#29 Post by Future Lover »

Ah, yes, good ol' free speech, the phrase abused only when someone is awful.