‘Alternative’ photoshoot

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Harry

‘Alternative’ photoshoot

#1 Post by Harry »

Evening all.

I’ve always loved Alternative as a compilation, as it was the way I heard most of the tracks for the first time, and it seems to work really well still, despite everything being available elsewhere now.

I adore the artwork, especially the Eric Watson photos in the booklet. Does anyone know where they were taken? The text mentions Chelsea. It could even be Neil’s home...
Heaven is possible,
AFTER ALL.

y3potential

Re: ‘Alternative’ photoshoot

#2 Post by y3potential »

I could well be wrong but the shoot may have taken place in the Groucho Club, Soho. Not sure 100% but I recall it was somewhere like that..
Last edited by y3potential on Sat 20 Feb 2021, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

psbfannyc

#3 Post by psbfannyc »

Good question. It must be covered in one of the Literallys? Anyone have immediate access?

leesmapman

#4 Post by leesmapman »

Literally nr. 15 mentions the Alternative release, but not much about the release itself other than the release date and the place in the album chart it ended on (number 2). Literally 14 announced the album, printed the tracklist and mentioned that the photos of the cover were intended for Disco 2.

psbfannyc

#5 Post by psbfannyc »

Thanks leesmapman. I always loved the vinyl and limited edition special CD boxset versions with the alternating "lenticular design" of Neil and Chris' faces. So cool!

tottenhammattspurs

#6 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

We’ve enough B-Sides now for a third compilation. Could bundle Alternative and Format together along with the new B-Sides and create a five disc behemoth.
is is and isnt isnt